Prices of Pellets in Wallonia, Belgium in 2008

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

Prices of Pellets in Wallonia, Belgium in 2008

by Christophe » 21/10/08, 08:35

Evolution of pellets and fuel oil prices in Wallonia (Sept 2008)

Price of heating oil (min. 2 l): average price per month. Note for example that the maximum price for the month of September is 000 € / l (or 0,8420 € cent / kWh). Source: http://mineco.fgov.be.

Wood pellet prices: price per tonne for a bulk delivery of 4 t, within a radius close to the depot or factory (average prices, based on ValBiom contacts). The average price per tonne, under these conditions, is € 228 (incl. VAT). For the month of September 2008, the price difference per kWh between fuel oil and pellets is 43%. This difference was 29% in October 2007.

Source: http://www.valbiom.be
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 21/10/08, 09:15

in rhone-alpes, we had several openings of manufacturers / distributors and the price has therefore rather dropped. (competition)
the average is around 200 € per tonne delivered for 3 tonnes minimum
I paid in August 195 € per ton delivered (45km)

long live the pellets
0 x
Click my signature
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/08, 09:28

Thanks for the precision.

Small indication: to go from € cents / kWh to € / tonne you have to multiply the value by 45 (which corresponds to 4,5kWh / kg + conversion cents and T / kg).

Thus 4,56 c € / kWh corresponds to 205,2 € / T.
0 x
Did67

Re: Prix des Pellets in Wallonia, Belgium in 2008

by Did67 » 21/10/08, 18:34

Christophe wrote:Evolution of pellets and fuel oil prices in Wallonia (Sept 2008)

Price of heating oil (min. 2 l): average price per month. Note for example that the maximum price for the month of September is 000 € / l (or 0,8420 € cent / kWh). Source: http://mineco.fgov.be.

Wood pellet prices: price per tonne for a bulk delivery of 4 t, within a radius close to the depot or factory (average prices, based on ValBiom contacts). The average price per tonne, under these conditions, is € 228 (incl. VAT). For the month of September 2008, the price difference per kWh between fuel oil and pellets is 43%. This difference was 29% in October 2007.

Source: http://www.valbiom.be

And to say that we read again and again on forums ayatollahs of ecology affirm that these "ugly producers" are going to put their pockets full and when the price of fuel goes up, the pellets will follow !!!

And these speeches succeed in dissuading interested people, who take these atavistic rantings for cash!

The curves given by the DEPV in Germany are just as stable as yours ... So I hope that we will no longer read the kind of crap that I am talking about.

PS: which does not mean that one day there will not be a rise in prices due to an overall shortage of energy. It is to be expected that all energy will become more expensive! So also the pellets.

Sure, Chrsitophe, I was going to come back to try again. The opportunity was too good!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/10/08, 19:18

Well I admit that 18 months ago (winter 2006-2007) I was also skeptical but here I am reassured! For those who are not yet here is the other subject on the evolution of the price of pellets:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/pellets-et ... t4682.html

Then there are only fools who don't change their minds!

So let them talk about the eco-friendly ayatolah and that they continue to heat up with fuel oil, it will make more pellets for me (well I admit that we heat up with compressed sprouts not with pellets ...)
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 21/10/08, 20:13

I was also pleasantly surprised to see this table in Réactif magazine.
Pellets have a real future!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Did67

by Did67 » 24/10/08, 16:46

Christophe wrote:Then there are only fools who don't change their minds!

So let them talk about the eco-friendly ayatolah and that they continue to heat up with fuel oil, it will make more pellets for me (well I admit that we heat up with compressed sprouts not with pellets ...)

Yes, except that on our forums, there are people of good faith who "go through it", at random from a search engine, and who drop their project following such comments!

That's what bothers me. Even if selfishly it would suit me, because the prices of the pellets would remain durably all the more lower as there are less people who use them!

This is why I fight a little against these ayatollahs! Afterwards, everyone chooses with full knowledge of the facts and not on the sole baseless assertion of a few big mouths who are on the forums by a kind of exacerbation of their ego (without ever showing up, thanks to the nicks).

Do you remember more what I was treated before the summer ???
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 24/10/08, 16:50

Gregconstruct wrote:I was also pleasantly surprised to see this table in Réactif magazine.
Pellets have a real future!

There is currently an overcapacity in production in Germany, following massive investments. This is what keeps prices low, despite the fact that they will cross the threshold of 100 pellet boilers installed.

In France, with more forests, there is no point in creating viable and sustainable industries. AlsacePellets is bankrupt. This SME was unable to compete with the Germans.
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 24/10/08, 23:56

Are you sure it is a German competition and not a lack of potential customers?

I ask this question because I noticed that it was in the German-speaking region (including in Belgium) that we found the most pellet boilers.
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Did67

by Did67 » 25/10/08, 19:06

Gregconstruct wrote:Are you sure it is a German competition and not a lack of potential customers?

I ask this question because I noticed that it was in the German-speaking region (including in Belgium) that we found the most pellet boilers.

There are around 1 pellet boilers, ie an "Alsatian" need of around 000 / 5 tonnes. The capacity of the factory was much greater. But there are plenty of French regions where there is a lack of pellets ...

Having said that, yes. You are right. I think the Germans have set the bar a bit low, with € 175 a ton. With their very large units, they meet there. AlsacePellets must have had a hard time aligning ... But afterwards, yes, the customers probably preferred the German Din + certified pellets (me the first). At the same time, some traders have started to subcontract German brands (Vogel - a big trader - sells German Pellets) ... It must be a bit of all that ... What I meant: if with 175 € the ton manufacturers were making "gold c ...", ALsacePellets could have survived on a "niche" market (the Alsatians absolutely wanting to buy Alsatian and using short circuits). This does not seem to be the case, so I think, but it is not scientifc, that 175 € is a "reasonable" market price (the one where competing manufacturers manage to develop; invest, therefore margins, but not too much...).

Then, why are the German-speaking regions more "pro-pellet" (it's the same thing in Alsace, I don't think there is another French region with nearly a thousand pellet boilers; maybe Rhones-Alpes, with the Savoies?)? Undoubtedly mimicry, a greater influence of German brands, the weight of green movements, proximity and ... a well-formed pellet industry that allows you to get started without asking the question of the durability / quality of supplies. For me it was decisive. With just a small non-certified producer, I don't know if I would have started ... You look stupid with a boiler without pellets or with poor quality pellets!
0 x