Biggest wind turbine in the world in 2009

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 16/02/09, 18:17

Christophe wrote:
carburologue wrote:defeatism is peculiar to man and you perfectly illustrate all its essence ...

Ah this I answer that the abuse of naivety has been the basis of many defeats and setbacks in the history of humanity ...

in your world then, certainly not in mine ... I do not want to add more but it seems to me that the ambient pessimist at oleocene has indeed invaded econologie.com.
I find it a shame as long as you do not advocate the end of the world ...
Last edited by carburologue the 16 / 02 / 09, 18: 24, 1 edited once.
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: Largest wind turbine in the world in 2009

by carburologue » 16/02/09, 18:22

Leo Maximus wrote:
carburologue wrote:did you hear about this at belrtl ???
6 megawatts, 50000 to 70000 homes where electricity will be distributed, the largest in the world 198 m ... and all this in Belgium, BUT assembled by Germans ...

What diameter and what speed of rotation? You should know that the speed of sound is easily approached at the end of the blades when you have a large diameter and that poses a big problem. With a supposed diameter of 150 meters we have a circumference of 471 meters and with 0,7 turns per second we reach the speed of sound ...

At the end of the 50s, a wind turbine was built in Nogent le Roi, in Eure-et-Loir, it operated for a very short time because no one had thought that exceeding the speed of sound at the end of the blades would cause their destruction. The info was kept secret and EDF dismantled the "aerogenerator" declaring that the experiment was over.

I can't say more than that about the technical data ... all I know, I wrote it down, sorry What I do know is that from the earth profile, the place is very good for the performance of these wind turbines.
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 16/02/09, 18:45

6 megawatts, 50000 to 70000 homes where electricity will be distributed, the largest in the world 198 m ... and all this in Belgium, BUT assembled by Germans ...

6 MW?

Towards wind turbines of ... 10 MW (!) In the USA

A square of 10 out of 10 wind turbines with this technology corresponds to the power of a conventional nuclear reactor (multiply by 3 to have the equivalent in electrical generation).
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 16/02/09, 19:47

I'm going to go on Saturday (if all goes well) to say hello to my brother ...
By the way, I will take pictures of the machine under construction :?:

FYI, my niece believed that we were bringing elements from a tunnel, it's so big ... : Shock:

:P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/02/09, 20:04

carburologue wrote:in your world then, certainly not in mine ... I don't want to add more but it seems to me that the ambient pessimist at oleocene has invaded econologie.com

This is not the pessimist, I would just like a little realism in the figures: in short, the opposite of naivety ... For example, stop confusing 1 and 1000 when we talk about energy solutions .... As would say Jancovici!

We talk a lot more about solutions here than on the oleocene!
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 16/02/09, 20:13

Hu?
Oleocene?

An unknown pre-glacial period ???
: Mrgreen:
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu

"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?

One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 16/02/09, 20:17

Christophe wrote: This For example, stop confusing 1 and 1000 when we talk about energy solutions .... As Jancovici would say!

The problem is that precisely, in terms of renewable energies, JMJ confuses 1 and 1000.

It would be nice if he went to his anti-wind and waning lectures at Berkeley, Stanford, Harvard or TED...

In France, that passes, because we are bathed in a retrograde climate and because it is pro-nuclear.

JMJ, he's good for when it comes to criticizing a fossil-fueled society and warning of the dangers of global warming. It is very useful for this. But when it comes to proposing solutions, it is in my opinion no good.
Last edited by Elec the 16 / 02 / 09, 22: 12, 2 edited once.
0 x
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 16/02/09, 20:30

Elec wrote:

6 MW?

Towards wind turbines of ... 10 MW (!) In the USA

A square of 10 out of 10 wind turbines with this technology corresponds to the power of a conventional nuclear reactor (multiply by 3 to have the equivalent in electrical generation).

it is under study, not yet realized ... by then we are in front of them ... But hey records are made to be broken ///
In any case, it's good that we're starting to see this under construction, it's starting, it's a good start ...
0 x

futuristic saying
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 16/02/09, 20:33

Christophe wrote:
carburologue wrote:in your world then, certainly not in mine ... I don't want to add more but it seems to me that the ambient pessimist at oleocene has invaded econologie.com

This is not the pessimist, I would just like a little realism in the figures: in short, the opposite of naivety ... For example, stop confusing 1 and 1000 when we talk about energy solutions .... As would say Jancovici!

We talk a lot more about solutions here than on the oleocene!

jancovici has no solution to the current energy problems ...
Apart from advocating peak oil all the time ... he only criticizes, certainly with merit, but without changing the situation it seems to me ...
Much ado about nothing in short this jancovici ...
Criticizing is very easy, proposing something worthwhile is another thing ... : Lol: :!:
0 x

futuristic saying
Elec
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Elec » 16/02/09, 22:16

carburologue wrote:Much ado for nothing

I don't think this is noise for nothing: it's difficult to imagine but today, there are still skeptics of anthropogenic warming (yes, see the forum of Allègre in Le Point there a few days: "Let's stop believing the global warming gurus! "). There are still people who think that we can easily use unconventional oil (tar sands from Alberta or the Orinoco etc.) and liquefy coal for 3 centuries to fuel our cars.

His work to raise awareness about the risks of the unanticipated post-peak oil era and the consequences of global warming is therefore very useful and, in my opinion, really excellent.

But, at the level of solutions (renewable energies etc.), I agree with you, I do not find it good and locked in its system of ideas.
0 x