Exploitation of the mechanical energy of the rock

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 23/11/10, 15:41

chatelot16 wrote:this is what I said in a previous message: the goal is not to make energy by demolishing the mountain: it is to produce talc: it is obviously very good that they have found a means of transport recovering this potential energy rather than losing it!

but I am sure that the energy produced is lower than the consumption of the rest of the career

there are lots of potential energy losses in the industry that we forget to use

[joke mode: ON] And to think that a few centuries ago we thought the earth was flat ... we finally found some guys who are going to restore it to us : Mrgreen:

Horse wrote:I hope this blow if I am not going to be called an ungulate!

Le_Gaulois wrote:It seems that the idea of ​​using mountain rock to generate electricity does not meet with everyone's support here.

It is not to say but you are trying to reinvent the wheel, or rather the principle of the dam but with rock! On the creative level, it's well seen, but the practical side is heavy guys.
If we made the parallel with the hydroelectric equivalent, it would amount to having to build up water reserves with a jackhammer thanks to an army of workers to extract this mineral. : Mrgreen: since it would be necessary to store these materials to supply a continuous flow ... then to have a gigantic turbine (wheel) capable of supporting titanic loads and constraints, it would also be necessary for the wheel to be integrated into the mountain that it would then be necessary to expressly drill for this purpose. It's a bit as if when we had an empty dam (quite quickly!) We would have to dismantle everything! To start again elsewhere !!!

In this case, and in all cases where a mountain is already there, that the difference in height exists and that there are materials available on site ... why not take advantage of the configuration of the terrain to really constitute a reservoir water! You would then have an inexhaustible and renewable source of energy! And you would have enough electric power to transport the ore in the valley ...
0 x
Gallic
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gallic » 24/11/10, 13:21

It's exactly that !! Resume the principle of the dam, but freeing itself from water-related problems, in particular the fact that water can be used for something other than hydroelectric production, and may run out (droughts). In addition, it allows us to diversify our primary energy sources, so it's all good !!

In addition, unlike other forms of renewable energy, we would have here a quasi-continuous availability of primary energy (say 90% because of maintenance shutdowns or other ...)

On the other hand, to give an order of magnitude in terms of installation time, here is what I calculated, assuming an average availability of 0.9

- a small mountain (represented by a cone 1500m in radius and 500m high), at the rate of 10m3 extracted every second, would be razed in 12 years

- a medium mountain (represented by a cone of 1800m radius and 800m high), at the rate of 10m3 extracted every second, would be razed in 29 years

- a high summit (represented by a cone of 2000m radius and 1000m high), at the rate of 10m3 extracted every second, would be razed in 44 years

Given the configuration of Mont Blanc (let's take a famous example) it should be possible to run a petraptosic plant for a period of at least 30 - 35 years without damaging it too much. So at this rate, we will master the fusion before having razed the Alps ...

In addition, if we start with a 100 MW config, it's very interesting !! With availability, that does the job of 400 wind turbines ... All in all, you have to weigh the pros and cons ...

Of course, it would be necessary to be able to lower the power station at the same time as the top of the mountain, for example by mounting it on large rails. And this in order to keep the same dz at all times. Finally, it's an interesting challenge, and in addition we could suddenly reuse the plant once we have exploited a mountain.

The more I think about it, the more I believe in it. You just have to accept to lose a little in the quality of the landscape ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/11/10, 13:43

With the ecologists who derailed to eat the fossil mountains, we will not be able to ski soon !!

It's easier to store the heat of summer on the roofs in the ground to heat the winter !!
50 small holes 12m deep on 200m2 every 2m are sufficient per house which is typically not well insulated !!

And in perpetuity no more fossil fuel or wood and its CO2 and other harmful pollution for heating.
In perpetuity, because simple, simple and inexpensive solar collectors for the summer are resistant to everything, lightning, etc., unlike photovoltaics, which weakens with time spent in the sun or dies with lightning !!
You just have to want to do it in large numbers instead of using PACs that only last 8 to 10 years before the failure. !!!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/11/10, 14:39

+1 ... and yet I absolutely did not believe it (although I was careful not to criticize) : Mrgreen:

The very serious EPFZ proves you are right:
http://www.tsr.ch/video/info/journal-19 ... tab&page=6

Le_Gaulois wrote:It's exactly that !! Resume the principle of the dam, but by freeing itself from water-related problems,

How "exactly that"? No it is absolutely not possible to "resume the principle of the dam". Economically totally unrealistic. What is the problem with the hydroelectric sector? There are not any, it is the natural phenomenon of evaporation / condensation / rain which ensures the cycle of perpetuation. Try to do this with rock! Image Otherwise, it is easier to bring water up in a dam at night in the event of a drought than tons of rock. Image And how could you the missing mountain? : Shock:

Le_Gaulois would be like: "shave the Alps I want to see the sea ..." we already have a thread "humor" : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/humour-t1191.html
Last edited by Obamot the 24 / 11 / 10, 14: 48, 1 edited once.
0 x
Gallic
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gallic » 24/11/10, 14:48

Well, we drink water, we can even put it in pastis to dilute it, and it is also a consumable in agriculture, fish farming, pig farming, poultry farming, or all kinds of crops.

In addition, the water can evaporate and not be sufficient in the event of drought.

The same cannot be said for the rock !! ;-)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/11/10, 14:53

You can also make something to recover energy from body fluid when you go to a wee ...

The same cannot be said of the rock, Image

unless you have calculations, but there you feel it pass! ^^
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/11/10, 15:11

is it worth the answer?

water passes through the pipes, without loss

there is in the alps a network of small dams which sends everything in a pipe towards an electric plant (the bathie) 1000m of altitude lower (100bar), but after having done ten kilometers horizontally without loss. ..

the performance is very good 90% the power can go from 0 to the maximum in a few ten seconds

go down pebbles? How? 'Or' What ? there will be catastrophic losses

the distance to be covered horizontally risks losing all the power due to the altitude: it is not for nothing that the cases where one can exploit the potential energy of a quarry are rare

will turn my blac into a career : Evil:

already it is very difficult to make a tunnel ... well if you demolish all the alps to make energy there will be no more need for a tunnel
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 24/11/10, 15:15

Yes, this thread is a cresendo towards the absurd troll way ...

Christophe wrote:
Christophe wrote:Uh is it me or does it start to feel the troll here? :?
In fact I was not thinking of the Gallic troll ...
: Mrgreen:

Le_Gaulois wrote:I find you a little hard with me Obamot.

I have never attacked anyone, or even thrown a troll. I contented myself with presenting an idea, which seems quite possible to me.

Christophe wrote:the stone is not renewable ...

Le_Gaulois wrote:In addition, unlike d'autres energy forms renewable,

hey hey

(PS: missing more than "the others" join in the "party")
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 24/11/10, 16:07

the stone is not renewable

False, she is renewable in 10 million to 60 million years following the Himalayan mountains to the Alps, much faster than petroleum or coal (same continental drift mechanisms) and infinitely more renewable than uranium in 5 to 6 billion years with the next supernova that will regenerate us !! !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/11/10, 16:24

Obamot wrote:recover energy from body fluid when you go to pee ...

Already done!! And the one who never peed in a swimming pool when he was little me ... throws the 1st stone ... if I dare say hihihiih!

: Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."