Exploitation of the mechanical energy of the rock

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 22/11/10, 18:05

So you have nothing to fear Le_Gaulois...

...a troll spray doesn't hit anything other than anything from the same IP address : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/11/10, 18:07

Moué except that chemical sprays are rarely 100% harmless for the user...so watch out Obamot :) Hehehe ...

In other words: please stop "searching"!

If you want to search, search for the S&V article!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/11/10, 18:10

But no !!
For example, to run a cable car and lift the counterweight skiers to the top, stone blocks are lowered from the quarry next door and trucks on the mountain paths and electricity are saved????
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 22/11/10, 18:30

Christophe wrote:Moué except that chemical sprays are rarely 100% harmless for the user...so watch out Obamot :) Hehehe.

...damn you're right! My avatar is all speckled now! I had however put on a “mask” Hahahahaha : Mrgreen:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/11/10, 18:59

I had seen this kind of calculation to enlarge the airport of nice, by backfilling the sea, with rock coming from quarry at a certain altitude: it had been planned to build an electrified railway line which would have been productive electricity throughout the construction site! ... but it was not done they preferred to be content with trucks and use the brakes ... the value of the electricity produced was not sufficient to build the track

take advantage of the potential energy for a quarry or a useful mine why not... but demolish the mountains to make energy!
: Evil:

in addition, after demolishing the mountains, we won't even have hydroelectricity anymore
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 22/11/10, 20:34

Especially since it is an energy that is not quickly renewed:
10 to 30 million years for the Alps, 5 for the Himalayas,
but that 200 years to renew the oxygen, that we burn without hesitation and ask ourselves questions
and 5 billion years at least to renew uranium, gold, silver, and life, etc.
0 x
cheval
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by cheval » 23/11/10, 14:36

I don't spend my time saying lucubrations, even if you don't like my idea of ​​G2P, let me speak on your subject.
I hope this blow if I am not going to be called an ungulate!

Here is an example of a "petraptosic power plant" using a cable car:
The Trimouns talc quarry
The talc extracted at more than 1 meters above sea level is first sorted manually, then transported by a 600 km cable car to the processing plant located at the bottom of the valley, several hundred meters below. The engine of this cable car is reversible; during normal operation, this cable car supplies electricity

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carri%C3%A ... e_Trimouns
0 x
Vive science FREE!
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/11/10, 14:48

this is what I said in a previous message: the goal is not to make energy by demolishing the mountain: it is to produce talc: it is obviously very good that they have found a means of transport recovering this potential energy rather than losing it!

but I am sure that the energy produced is lower than the consumption of the rest of the career

there are lots of potential energy losses in the industry that we forget to use
0 x
Gallic
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Gallic » 23/11/10, 15:09

Hello everyone!

It seems that the idea of ​​using mountain rock to generate electricity does not meet with everyone's support here.
The problem is that breaking mountains to produce a reduced amount of energy (without wanting to disrespect gravity) makes you jump a little bit, and I can understand it... Let's say it can have certain advantages , for example, not far from my house, a dirt mountain completely blocks the view of a magnificent valley... But anyway, it's true that it would be a bit extreme to clear it just for the pleasure of the eyes and for the production of (not really) renewable electricity!!!

Nevertheless, the idea of ​​coupling such a system, no longer to a simple mountain, but to a mine, or a quarry, is much more interesting!
In view of the comments of chatelot16 and horse, there is at least one application for a reversible cable car, and at least one other has been considered. Which proves that this idea is not so stupid !! I admit, moreover, that I did not know these examples at all, and that makes me very happy.

However, I remain convinced that the cable car is not necessarily the optimal configuration. Indeed, who says cable car, says cables. Who says cables, says a lot of pylons. Who says a lot of pylons, says a lot of pulleys. Who says a lot of pulleys, says a lot of bearings. Who says a lot of bearings, still says a lot of losses!!! Whereas with a "big wheel" type configuration, one axle, two bearings, and Raoul rolls!! Of course, you have to work on the wind resistance and stability...

Then, the problem of grain size ... Either we use large size nacelles, in which case we can afford to use large size blocks, or we start with a more "paddle wheel" geometry, in which case it the granulo must be adapted accordingly ...

On the other hand, a "cable car" configuration can have an advantage, if it is coupled with a ski resort!!
Imagine: we go up the skiers, and we go down the stones (or talcum powder). Thanks to this :
- we save energy on the logistics of the quarry
- we improve the ecological footprint of the ski resort

And God knows that we need to improve it, the ecological imprint of these ecological aberrations that are the winter sports resorts !!! Between the lifts which run continuously 7 hours a day, the snow groomers who come to prepare the slopes, the snow cannons which in addition puff full of water, the helicopters which supply the bars and restaurants at altitude, the thousands of tourists which converge by car, the layout of the tracks which demolishes flora and fauna, it is a real scandal !! Whereas there, at least, that solves the problem of the lifts which turn 7 hours a day ... It is already that but hey !!

Finally here is my opinion, but I sincerely think that there is something to be done to correctly improve the ecological balance sheet of the ski resorts, while making function the mining industry and by allowing him to make savings!!

Economically,

Gallic
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 23/11/10, 15:38

the goal is not only to go down but above all to move from the quarry to the factory

cable car and electric train are 2 means of travel that make good use of the descent

we should go tell the nickel mine in new caledonia, we persist in bringing the ore down from the mountains by truck...
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."