New type of wind turbine with Magnus effect?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 24/04/07, 14:19

Theoretically yes. But its interest is likely to be less, the variations in water flow being less extreme.

Christophe, have you seen performance figures for these wind turbines? I can't find any.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/04/07, 13:06

Targol wrote:Ahhhhhhh, finally good news. These days, it was missing a bit !!! I would have a question: is it possible to put this type of wind turbine on a tiled house roof (perhaps modulo a reinforcement of the roof) or on a fireplace?

Otherwise, as soon as more documents and prices are available, I would be very interested.

+1

My dream would be to reinject the surplus produced (if it has any) into the network. I know that specific circuits exist (especially in Belgium).
All without saying anything to EDF (by turning my counter upside down). : Lol:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 25/04/07, 13:31

citro wrote:
Targol wrote:Ahhhhhhh, finally good news. These days, it was missing a bit !!! I would have a question: is it possible to put this type of wind turbine on a tiled house roof (perhaps modulo a reinforcement of the roof) or on a fireplace?

Otherwise, as soon as more documents and prices are available, I would be very interested.

+1

My dream would be to reinject the surplus produced (if it has any) into the network. I know that specific circuits exist (especially in Belgium).
All without saying anything to EDF (by turning my counter upside down). : Lol:

Hello,

Why not say anything to EDF?
The energy you produce is bought more expensive than the energy you consume => it helps to make the investment profitable.
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 25/04/07, 14:30

: Evil: I hate the modes of operation of this Type. : Evil:

Always act with subsidies and their perverse effects. : Evil:

When there were subsidies on solar, the prices increased by the amount of the subsidies instead of decreasing.
I have seen that every time there have been grants ...

I consume at the market value of a product and not at the speculative value!

Building an electricity buyback dossier with EDF is an obstacle course, they do everything to discourage.
The contracts provide for fixed redemption prices while the price per kWh will explode. The redemption price will therefore quickly be lower than their selling price. :frown:

A solar water heater is worth 200 € in China and 2000 € in France, where is the difference? In the pockets already full of people who deem it normal to make 500% of immediate profit.
The individual is offered "returns on investments" of more than 10 years (often 20 years) inadmissible for any "businessman".

I prefer to buy at the right price, mount myself and ensure my maintenance instead of being a slave to a mafia system!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 25/04/07, 15:09

citro wrote:: evil: I hate the modes of operation of this Type. : Evil:

Always act with subsidies and their perverse effects. : Evil:

When there were subsidies on solar, the prices increased by the amount of the subsidies instead of decreasing.
I have seen that every time there have been grants ...

We agree, but from the moment the subsidy exists, our cost price suffers the perverse effect of which you speak ... Suddenly, I would tend to want to glean a little money where it is find...

As far as beating the wheels from EDF, I did not know. I cannot yet invest in such an important production system, and therefore I have not made the EDF attempt ...

When you sell electricity to EDF, do you agree to supply them with electricity over several years, or are you free to stop whenever you want?
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 25/04/07, 23:51

And at the same time the subsidies help qd mm to launch the market, to win over a wider audience than those who could afford to pay everything, besides the fact of receiving money or tax payments motivates a group of people that eule ecology would probably not have moved ...

Otherwise I would also be interested in these wind turbines for individuals if the price is not too prohibitive.

Dreamer
0 x
lehcim
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Effect wind turbine

by lehcim » 14/05/07, 10:40

Hello everybody
sorry i couldn't answer before but i had a DD problem, no type of wind turbine can be installed on a roof, the effect of the vibrations causes a noise which is transmitted to the frame and the building, more even by its low weight there is always, the generator underneath, it is installed on a small mast (a translucent is being studied), the prices of the pack of windmills, batteries, inverter, should be reasonable between 12 and 15000 euros, it enters the test phase on a very windy site for about 3 months, marketing by a network of distributors, installers in September probably, I keep you informed good day
0 x
Pear Belle Helene
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Pear Belle Helene » 16/05/07, 09:44

Hello everybody

I have been reading to you for a few months already but I had not registered, this is one thing done : Cheesy:

Already I must say that I found on your forum tons of info and thank you even if sometimes it's a little too technical for me (a little blonde the girl : Mrgreen: )

I am delighted to see that Mr Pénard alias lehcim arrived on this forum, I met this gentleman about two months ago because with my husband we are considering installing a wind turbine for reasons of energy savings and ecology among others.

At the time Mr Pénard were still selling conventional blade wind turbines and I found the system very good, but he also spoke to us about this future Magnus effect wind turbine that he was going to put on the market. The product won us over on paper and so did Mr Pénard's speech. I was waiting for him to send me the doc .... he must have forgotten but suddenly I just found it here and that's fine.

Mr Pénard you will surely pass again on the forum so I salute you.
I was hoping to see you this we in Vesdun (in the Cher) for the Festi'vert and I was disappointed not to be there for the presentation of your eolinne. I will have the opportunity to come and see it in action as soon as it is in operation I have no doubt.
I add in passing that this festival was really very nice and the conferences proposed attracted a lot of people (including me for 3 of them). Shame that some trader present feels obliged to sell their product at prohibitive prices compared to the price that can be found among other things either in organic mag or on the internet but hey it is the trade that wants that, but the new buyers of organic product are being had and it is regrettable but hey it is not the intention I get lost : Cheesy:

To come back to this wind turbine and well it is always in our projects but we await the test and especially the opinion of the people who will launch before us : Cheesy:

For the price the criticism of Citro ... well I have to think about it too, because each time that I inquired about renewable energies the sellers tjs strongly insisted on the tax credits that we would have and that me gave because I too wondered what the real price of the product was. I also think that the sellers were taking advantage of the niche to increase their rate by the amount of the tax credit.
This is surely true and it is a shame because without these practices renewable energies would be at correct prices and therefore accessible to a larger number of people and therefore it would be better for the planet.
Now between the planet and the sellers ..... there are the benefits, and there is not much we can do.

But I would point out that Mr Pénard is the only one who has not put forward this practice of tax credit (er I have no shares with him and I do not know him more than that and I do not will not have a discount if I take a wind turbine at his place so it is clear) then it may be another commercial approach but in any case it is the friendliest of the sellers that I have met so far in energy renewable I assure you.

So here is all this blah on my part well just to greet you and if I ever take the step of the wind turbine with magnus effect and well I will not fail to come and tell you about it.

Thank you for this lovely forum. @ soon. Sincerely Hélène

I am editing to correct some faults, there are probably still plenty left, I apologize.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 16/05/07, 23:06

Dear Pear ...

1) welcome
2) Aaaaah, your nickname is something!
3) I recently wondered about the prices of solar panels in Belgium: ultimately, they are not expensive, but first you have to have the money: when you know the structure of industrial prices, there is plenty ask questions. I think some people have forgotten the adage "you have to sow to reap"

so, are intelligent people the precursors who listen to everything they are told or the patients who expect the best moment?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
lehcim
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lehcim » 19/05/07, 08:25

Dear Poire Belle Hélène,

Strong testimony, without actions, as stipulated I am more passionate than seller, I could not be on Festi vert but I will be, soon on the bourbon eco-festival l'archambault on July 6, 7, 8 (in the allier), the tax credits announced will surely have their reverses one day, and if they are put forward it is not always a good sign, they make advanced return on investment of course but these are selling points, many convinced n '' do not need the tax credit to take the plunge, the effect wind turbine (entirely French manufacturing) will be sold at the fairest price, for a reasoned development not by a group of bounty hunters but by responsible installers . Offers arrived from 2 large groups have already been made to redeem the patents, but we do not have the same objectives. The example of the solar water heater, is the same for the wind turbine with blades - from 2000 euros at the start from China for a 2 kw sold in France for more than 10000 euros (with some arrangements), I sent the doc, I was waiting for photos because with us a proverb says that we do not buy a rabbit in a bag, have a nice day and see you soon
0 x