New type of wind turbine with Magnus effect?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
lehcim
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lehcim » 28/03/07, 10:08

Hello dreamer,

The effect is suitable for this wind turbine for the individual, not for all wind turbines, popur the price fixed soon it will not be more expensive than a wind turbine of Asian import, but of French manufacture, good day
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 28/03/07, 10:14

But I do not really understand how this effect is useful, the wind turbine does not move or should not have a "lift" effect like a tennis ball .... :?:

Otherwise I do not know the price of "Asian" wind turbines and I did not know moreover that they made it: p
I would have rather thought of the Canadians or the Scandinavians.

Dreamer
0 x
lehcim
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by lehcim » 28/03/07, 10:34

the effect makes it possible to multiply the speed of the wind and therefore to produce more .... price to be followed soon, Asian wind turbines have existed for several years but they were not yet imported, the anarchic development of this equipment not always very reliable , will surely have bad repercussions on the small wind turbine for information a complete set, mat, batteries, inverter, certain company sell that for 12000 euros, unfortunately with the problems for the same price .....
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/03/07, 10:49

Small note: in wind power it is necessary to relate the purchase price not to the installed kW but to the kWh produced per year ...
0 x
Colmant
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Colmant » 24/04/07, 05:49

Christophe
I can't open the pdf link has it disappeared?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/04/07, 09:22

Uh no it works ... Acrobat Reader bug quite often, the most reliable is to "Save target as"
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 24/04/07, 10:13

Ahhhhhhh, finally good news. These days, it was missing a bit !!!
In short, this product seems very interesting to me on several points:
  • suitable for domestic wind (small units) if I understood the messages of lehcim (which I welcome on Econology in passing),
  • They are made in France, from recycled materials => low embodied energy
  • In addition, it does not seem to need masts as high as a conventional wind turbine which can avoid the need for a building permit.

I would have a question: is it possible to put this type of wind turbine on a tiled house roof (perhaps modulo a reinforcement of the roof) or on a chimney?

Otherwise, as soon as more documents and prices are available, I would be very interested.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

what multiplier

by Philippe Schutt » 24/04/07, 11:39

what is the performance of this Magnus effect? It seems to me to remain weak compared to direct force ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: which multiplier

by Christophe » 24/04/07, 12:51

Philippe Schutt wrote:what is the performance of this Magnus effect? It seems to me to remain weak compared to direct force ...

The probably lower yield is compensated by the fact that this wind turbine could produce by all the wind and not in a restricted range. Let us not forget that a traditional wind turbine turns 1/5 of the time over the year at its nominal power (in the best of cases).

This should more than compensate for the lower yield.
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 24/04/07, 13:08

Hello
Can the Magnus effect be used with water?
Thank you
See you
0 x