Fixing a vertical axis wind turbine?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Geronimo
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Fixing a vertical axis wind turbine?

by Geronimo » 18/05/08, 14:24

Hello,
I wish to install a wind turbine of this type
http://www.epok-revolutions.com/enr/347 ... trale.html
For reasons of feasibility, I would have liked to know if I can fix a mat against the exit of the chimney which is in bushel?
merci d'avance pour vos réponses.
0 x
loop
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by loop » 18/05/08, 22:11

Hi Géronimo

The main concern that could appear quickly is that of vibrations in the masonry
Indeed, even if the rotor is perfectly balanced, the generator and its bearing cause a noise that will amplify with the fixing tube and the sound box formed by the flue
It is therefore imperative to insulate the tube of the mast with one or more shock absorbers of the silent-bloc type

Small note about this generator, the nominal production is given at 60 km / h, boot from 4.8 km / h
I'll be curious to see the power curve and the speed of rotation according to the wind speed
What is the safety system in the event of a storm?

A+
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 18/05/08, 22:48

Hi Geronimo,

Personally, I do not feel it too much ... Chimneys, even well built, are not designed to support such a lever, generating more vibrations.

I have personally observed on mine some slight weaknesses, without gravity, following the attachment of a parable.

If I were you, I'll go and fix this mast on the gable of the windiest house, fastened on iron plates, one inside, the other outside, and bolted by tie rods crossing the wall.

Also ask the manufacturer / seller ... A little expensive, you made the calculation of return on investment?
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 19/05/08, 09:13

I confirm what Remundo says, I fixed a parabola of one meter on my chimney (in bushel) and well the wind made fall the chimney.
0 x