Mini wind

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/02/12, 15:21

I am skeptical of the overall performance. This system consumes a lot of biomass not very profitable from an energy point of view (wheat, corn, fruit ...) and has a very low yield ...

faced with this need:
to the Military Group of High Mountain (GMHM), which during its expeditions must be autonomous in energy. It must in particular recharge a certain number of devices (cameras, cameras, computers, gps ...)

without sun or wind, this can save by providing the energy necessary for GPS and other devices for sure and mount 6Kg of wind turbine and as many solar collectors, at 3000m altitude (10Kg or more at 3000m) has also low yield, because based on the food which is used for human energy, to mount this material, identical in yield for walking, or pedaling on the spot !!

So having an alternator of less than 1Kg with an ultra light sailing wind turbine and enough to rotate it at 25W with your hands or feet, functional in all weather conditions, has a yield as good as mounting 10Kg more at 3000m, which requires as much extra food !!!

I invite you to calculate the real yield under these unusual conditions !!!
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 18/02/12, 15:26

The Mirliton launched his question on February 6.
We are the 18th, and more news : Cheesy:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 18/02/12, 15:52

in my opinion he understood with the first response that rather than lugging 20kg of bazaar mat and wind which will require a lot of work at each assembly and disassembly, it is better to take 20kg of new battery, which will give sufficient autonomy, and better safety than relying on the wind turbine

there is also the real generator ... there is so much more energy in 1kg of gasoline than in a kg of battery ...

see also with the human energy which seems free for an average sedentary who eats anyway more than he needs

but on a hard expedition everyone makes almost the maximum possible physical effort: making an effort to make electricity means not being able to make another effort can be more useful ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 18/02/12, 16:40

In a Kg of food, there is also energy, and a small light generator of 25W does not exist commercially, whereas the human engine has an output of the same order of magnitude as a typical small thermal engine !!
It is necessary to take an additional weight of food, comparable to the weight of fuel (if 10% efficiency this corresponds to 1KWh / kg of fuel)

Used only in ultimate rescue, if no wind or sun, this seems to me a solution not to be overlooked, to never have a lack of electricity and not to carry around 20Kg at 3000m altitude and spend a lot more in food !!
0 x
Lord Francis
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lord Francis » 19/02/12, 13:40

I agree with dedeleco: a small crank would have a negligible weight and could, by being fixed directly on the dynamo hub of the wind turbine, transform it into an effective "genie" for the "white days" without sun or wind, which are frequent in high mountains.
Last edited by Lord Francis the 20 / 02 / 12, 15: 36, 1 edited once.
0 x
emlaurent
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by emlaurent » 19/02/12, 14:24

Ternel Francis wrote:http://soupl.eole.monsite-orange.fr/
It is a very light micro wind turbine (less than 2 kg approximately with its mast) with flexible canvas blades, therefore not dangerous, removable and therefore easily transportable in a backpack.

I am very appreciative of such a clever solution to build!
Congratulations!
Me who was looking for a wind turbine solution to make to install it in a field and provide a little light to a market gardener ... I will potash your site in details.

A+
0 x
Lord Francis
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lord Francis » 19/02/12, 21:20

Thank you emlaurent
Try to build one, you will see it is very easy, and above all keep me informed of your results and possible improvements.
0 x