Mini-hydro project in a torrent for a chalet

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/06/09, 19:36

grunt wrote:What is this ready-made solution of which you speak Christophe?

Well it's a ready made pico turbine, info to download here: https://www.econologie.com/pico-turbine- ... -4069.html

By cons you need, at least a certain flow / fall ... that's why as long as you do not know your hydraulic potential with a certain precision, it is useless to tell you about it ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/06/09, 19:39

grunt wrote:hello quebecois friend, it is interesting that "low speed" alternators do you think of a particular model?

Be careful when he says supplying watts from 1000 rpm does not mean supplying nominal power, you may be at 10% of the maximum power at 1000 rpm! It is to be seen on a case by case basis!
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 08/06/09, 02:05

Christophe

This is exactly what I tried to explain a little above on my other post.

If the watercourse cannot give more than 200 watts, an alternator like mine of 500 watts can not rotate at 1600 rpm which gives the maximum possible, so we must use a reduction to have the maximum torque at a lower rpm to optimize the yield otherwise there is blockage.

The advantage of being able to change the ratio is to draw the maximum of watts, you may have the most efficient generator that is if it does not run at its torque / load ratio, you will not get much.

Admittedly the efficiency of an alternator is not the best but for a small chalet where we use it on occasion but I think that for this project, the cost / use ratio allows ample use of an alternator instead of 'invest 300 or 400 euros and risk having the turbine stolen when you are not there.

Note that the difference between an alternator and a magnet generator is not as high as it is claimed, moreover when it is started there is no more need to supply it which increases the efficiency.
:D
0 x
grunt
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by grunt » 09/06/09, 00:46

I will soon return to the chalet, I will do a more in-depth study of the environment and take photos to give you an idea. And then Alain, I'm not in France but in Quebec like you, : Cheesy: where do you come from ? The said chalet is located in Grandes piles near the Saint Maurice river.

It is logical to start by evaluating the flow to know the amount of energy to transform. So I'm going to start with it before trying to break down the region.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 09/06/09, 03:01

Good evening grunt!

Glad to hear that you are a Quebecer too.

I'm from the south shore of Quebec, I went to Grandes piles by snowmobile a few years ago on my way to La Tuque.

Bring back your photos quickly it will help us a lot.

See you!

Alain
0 x
grunt
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by grunt » 09/06/09, 18:39

I found this while wandering on the net:
http://www.moreau-fr.net/proto/turbine/ ... tml#d4e296

to see
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 12/06/09, 14:12

Hello grunt!

I knew this link which is very interesting and which confirms that the power of my alternator is there.

To use this wheel you must have a fall from a fairly high height because it works with very high pressure and a small flow.
0 x