Individual steam micro-turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
biros09
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Individual steam micro-turbine

by biros09 » 11/09/05, 15:10

Hello,

I'm looking for manufacturers of micro steam turbines to generate electricity.

it already exists, but for large projects.

I am looking for micro-turbines, working with wood boilers, coupled with an electric generator, replacing the gasoline generator sets.

Paul

code: Select all

biros@free.fr
0 x
jelupan
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jelupan » 11/09/05, 18:55

Hello,
ENGINION (de) has created models of oxidative steam micro-turbines for heat / energy co-generation. The small portable EZEE model or larger (installed or fixed to the wall for a residence) are 10 times - expensive than gas turbines.
They work with any fuel, liquid or gaseous, which can be vaporized and mixed with air. The mixture, which passes through 2 ceramic foam cells with very fine pores, oxidizes without flame as in a thermal reactor. Since it cannot ignite, there is no pollution. Which is very important to us. The cells are maintained at a temperature of around 1200 ° by electronic management.
The thermal energy is transferred to water in a steam generator at 500 ° under 500 bars.
Steam is injected into the expansion chamber of the engine where a superheater, set to T ° by a cell, suddenly pushes it to 900 °. The brutal expansion drives the wankel-type engine, itself driving the electric generator. The water circuit is sealed and the steam returns to the tank via an exchanger-condenser.
The recent portable model provides 6kw and weighs 32kg.
STEAMCELL provides in a house or a room heat up to 25kw and 4,5 kw of electricity.
Enginion even managed to propel a VW with an adaptation !! :D

Otherwise, you have systems based on stirling engines, like SOLO, WHYSPERTECH, STIRLINGENGINE, etc. But all very expensive.

A +
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 17/02/07, 09:11

Hello,
I found this article on econology, I said to myself, ho, here is an easy way to use my vegetable oil effectively ...
Well no ... no trace of the company "Enginion", nor of its equipment .... it was too good ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 17/02/07, 10:06

Right here :
http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=121840
It talks about ENGINION AG, but they don't give details on their generators.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 17/02/07, 10:10

See as well :
www.econologie.com/forums/engine-t1031.html
0 x
chiff
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

electric generator from hot water or steam

by chiff » 11/03/08, 12:11

Hello,
I am also looking for a system to generate electricity from hot water or steam.
Indeed, I have just invested in a solar water heater installation and living in the Southwest, even in this season my hot water needs are already almost covered. But I know very well that in summer, the period when the solar energy available will be the strongest, this installation will be in under production, even it will consume energy and water to cool the installation: water temperature in the cumulus cannot exceed 100 ° C, while the sensors should go up to 200 ° C.
I would therefore like to know if there are small power generation units that can take advantage of all this "wasted" energy.
All the more so since the energy yield of "heating" solar is much higher than that of photovoltaic.

I have found the products offered by AMOVIS with which enginion has merged seems rather geared towards car engine (CF http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_steam )
The solution of http://www.powertherm.de/english/technik.php seems more suited to my needs, but I cannot find information on potential importers
0 x
frecen
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by frecen » 28/05/08, 08:27

bjr chiff,

Am a qualisol installer from CESI in Toulouse, and indeed the performance of the panels in summer is very clearly oversized because their performance is very good. if as you think (rightly) this energy could, with the help of a generator, produce an electric power, it would be to optimize these panels.

I return to the subject. if you have information or information sites, we communicate it via this forum . thank you
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 28/05/08, 10:45

ok, simple: stirling engine mounted on solar panel circuit ?!
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 28/05/08, 11:29

Hello,
I read last year that a Chinese company that manufactures vacuum tubes to file a patent to make a module producing electricity.
It's probably going through steam.
So if it works we shouldn't be long in hearing about it.
Sorry, I can't find the link.
0 x
chiff
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by chiff » 02/06/08, 13:54

jonule wrote:ok, simple: stirling engine mounted on solar panel circuit ?!

This is what I seemed to understand while searching the net.

What I am looking for now is a "turnkey" product to install or have installed to benefit from the tax credit in favor of renewable energies. But for the moment I have not identified a manufacturer, importer or installer. :frown:
0 x