French microhydraulics in danger! Nuclear lobby and FNE

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/06/11, 18:42

pb2488 will only understand when he lives in the radioactive plume of an exploded nuclear power plant, which will inevitably happen in France, sooner or later, since men cannot be infallible in perpetuity, even in France with geniuses like pb2488 !!!

Finally micro-hydraulics could recover a third to a half of the energy of streams, rivers and streams, with micro-dams all along their course, ie a dam of low height using this proportion of water (the rest leaves the river unchanged good for fish with scales for fish and salmon!)
Since about 1/10 of what rains leaves in streams and rivers, we can recover 1/30 of the energy at the height of rainwater, that is to say a power, throughout France, 60cm of rain divided by 30 (2cm or 20 liters per m2 and per year) passing through dams at an average height of 300m approximately multiplied by 2cm and the surface of France 550Km2 per year, then by gravity 9,81 and divided by the number of seconds in a year !!
We obtain about 1000Gigawatts of power, maximum possible, with the energy of rainwater in rivers, usable without stop !!

We can thus measure all the energy we waste by letting the water flow from the rivers, without turbines.

It is much more than our needs and therefore if we want, we can recover the energy of the water flowing downhill everywhere, even on small streams, to replace nuclear power plants.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/06/11, 18:43

pb2488 wrote:I remind you that you announced 35 fewer reactors, in the end ... 0,2% of the total annual consumption !!!

It was a stupid calculation by assuming that the potential installations are of the same power as the existing ones, it is apparently false.

However, there are (big) bullshit in the .pdf found by Remundo like the fact that nuclear power is at 0.0 CO2 level ...

pb2488 wrote:So I don't see what the nuclear lobby is doing in there?

The fact that we are asking to reduce its hydroelectric production, that we are cutting red tape, that we are blocking projects are indications of a lobby that is blocking their development. No, these are not incidences, they are evidence!

Well you jump on the word lobby as usual.

If you prefer, we can now speak of fascism or economic fascists because word lobby (it's been a little anyway ... and not strong enough for some ...)

I thought to exaggerate by using this word but not and on wiki it is official: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascisme

In the broad sense, the term fascism has taken on a generic meaning. It has spread to any political movement based on strong power, trades organized into corporations, (...)

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporation

Corporatism refers to the tendency of members of a professional or administrative body to favor their material interests to the detriment of those of the public they serve (consumers, citizens, litigants, users, pupils, customers, patients, etc.).

We could therefore say: fascist corporatism ... or corporatist fascism ... depending on mood ...

In fact according to these definitions I am afraid that the fascime is back because most of the employees of the SCNF and EDF are fascists ... according to these definitions .... : Mrgreen:
0 x
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by pb2488 » 19/06/11, 20:41

Christophe wrote:The fact that we are asking to reduce its hydroelectric production, that we are cutting red tape, that we are blocking projects are indications of a lobby that is blocking their development. No, these are not incidences, they are evidence!

For 0,2% !!! ???
It was not you who spoke of a trial of intention a little higher !!!

Christophe wrote:Well you jump on the word lobby as usual.

I do not jump. I note the concept after a dozen posts, given that in order of magnitude, it is rather 0.2% of the annual consumption rather than 35 nuclear reactors.
0 x
"The truth can not be defined as the majority opinion:
The truth is what follows from the observation of facts. "
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 19/06/11, 21:33

What is your purpose pb2488?

We could therefore say: fascist corporatism ... or corporatist fascism ... depending on mood ...

Besson, it was not originally left : Mrgreen: : Cheesy:
0 x
jlt22
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jlt22 » 19/06/11, 22:00

Small hydraulics for mills have existed for over a century, and this even started in the Middle Ages.
When I was a child, my parents and grandparents often told me that before the war, farmers were forbidden to serve salmon more than twice a week to farm workers, because the Breton rivers were full of them.
When I was a child, after the war, you could find eels in all the meadows where a small stream flowed.
When I was a child, we saw schools of minnows in all the rivers.
When I was a child, we never came back empty-handed from fishing, we found trout, even in very small streams.
when I was a kid, fish passes didn't exist
When I was a child, we drank water from the streams and we were never sick.

Today all that no longer exists.

But, our technocrats decided to make us believe that the weirs of the mills prevent the fish from going up the rivers, that they accentuate the pollution of the rivers, because they prevent the hunting effect during heavy rains.
Our technocrats therefore decided to remove a maximum of weirs thinking only to make us believe that the problems are there and not in productivist agriculture.

Water-based hydraulics is however the cheapest and most regular energy.
Our technocrats decided to disappear, regardless of its history.
We will probably come back to it one day. As the popular saying goes, to do and to undo is always to work.

A small plea for the defense of microhydraulics dating from 2002:
http://www.econovateur.com/rubriques/anticiper/voir0403micro.shtml
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 19/06/11, 22:09

Fun conversation ... which shows how much some people can be focused on conflicts of people .... others on eccentric calculations and which shows above all that you ignore the functioning of a river (but not a pipeline) !).

No, rivers are not simple "pipes", they are ecosystems, for the most part already badly banged up and weakened, I really don't see any valid reason to add more!

Ah yes, it's true, we save peanuts by giving ourselves a good conscience (when we only know slab, otherwise ...).

I want living rivers, not a succession of reservoirs and if one day it is voted, you know where you can put your 0,2% : Evil: !

Go a little clue: rivers do not only transport water ...

PS: I can't believe it, I agree with Pb!
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
Christophe

by Christophe » 19/06/11, 22:13

pb2488 wrote:For 0,2% !!! ???
It was not you who spoke of a trial of intention a little higher !!!

??? You get heavy there, take your herbal tea or your pills !!

I only note what is indicated in the article: we currently want to seal the development of micro hydraulics ...

If there is sealing there is that there is a will to do it ... cqfd!

ps: how much is the annual commercial margin 1 TWh at the rate of say (low assumption) 4 cts per kWh?
0 x
pb2488
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by pb2488 » 19/06/11, 22:28

You care about your lobbies : Cheesy:

Micro-hydraulics = 1Twh per year = 0,2% of the annual consumption = Almost nothing and especially not 35 nuclear reactors as you announced ...
Of course, if you were right, there would be something to get excited about but there ... : Shock: 0,2% !!!

On the other hand, there remains a hydroelectric potential of 30TWh (6% of the annual consumption), in addition to the 70 already exploited. It is also in the process of development (nuclear needs extra and energy needs are increasing). However, it is not without environmental consequences.
Despite the "nuclear lobby", France is the 11th hydroelectric producer country in the world, it is not bad already but it is certain that we will never be the 1st, relief and climate oblige !!!
0 x
"The truth can not be defined as the majority opinion:

The truth is what follows from the observation of facts. "
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/06/11, 23:26

I put a simple calculation and pb2488 does not read nor respond !!
This sentence from pb2488:
Micro-hydraulics = 1Twh per year = 0,2% of the annual consumption = Almost nothing and especially not 35 nuclear reactors as you announced ...

is extremely false

If you want it by recovering the maximum of the energy of the rivers over the water, it is much more energy, the rain water which falls at an average height of 300m in France to flow by the rivers towards the sea !!
It is even enormous this lost energy of water which returns to the sea with a descent of 300m, releasing a power of 1000Gigawattes every second on the 550000Km2 of France !!!

So we waste an enormous energy by leaving the water of the rivers towards the sea without doing anything !!

We waste even more enormous energy by letting the sun heat the cities and houses in summer without doing anything to store it and find it in winter to heat and allow to remove all the nuclear power plants used in the madness of all-electric heating to which we have pushed the French for decades !!!

The Drake Landing Solar Community shows that it is perfectly possible:
www.dlsc.ca et
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... mrk29Z.pdf

And by stopping this great waste of free energy, we will avoid the repetitive nuclear disasters that irradiate an entire region, even a country, to leave it overnight and never return for centuries, with irradiations that kill in number incalculable, dead hidden behind the lies !!

Pb2488 wants France to live the endless ordeal of Japan which began and will last endlessly for centuries, one or more radioactive regions emptied of its inhabitants for centuries !!!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 19/06/11, 23:37

Very often we hear: this is negligible, this is not enough ...

By putting 5%, 10%, 1%, end to end of various renewable energies while moderating waste, the equation is possible.

In any case it seems to me that it is more buoyant than the current model ...
0 x