Making a self-winding 5kW wind turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: wind turbine calculation software

by bernardd » 21/03/10, 19:07

joson2 wrote:The method of evaluation of this gain is therefore carried out, with the software software, by calculating the power taking into account the losses of the tip of the blades (no fairing), and without the losses of the tip of the blades (with fairing).

And above all we test on a concrete example! 8)

joson2 wrote:For the part of your question on a second propeller, I think that a rotary counter could exploit the tangential speed induced by the first propeller, but the reduction in speed caused by the first propeller would make that of behind less profitable, therefore not really d 'interest.

I was not talking about a counter-rotating propeller, which poses a mechanical problem. However their advantage is to multiply the apparent speed of the 2 rotors between them, without loss of multiplier, but at the cost of a conductive bearing, and therefore subject to friction and wear.

I was talking about two propellers in the same direction but one behind the other, allowing for example to put only 2 blades, but by adjusting the second according to the distance to put the blade in the best place, while having a good mechanical balance.

joson2 wrote:For advertising, it's a bit true :? but Heliciel is a software that deserves to be talked about because many projects abort the fact that there are no tools for serious calculation of wind turbine propellers, so I think we can talk about it.
: Idea:

Everything is fine until you get run over by an elephant ;-)
0 x
See you soon !
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 22/03/10, 01:18

Good evening

Leucate (La Franqui) ... it is barely 25 km from my home, I will go for a ride just to enjoy the teaching ... on the other hand no question of camping on site, for me at least .

jeff
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 22/03/10, 09:21

I would be curious to know if tests have been done with blades having modern magnets in their skin, to know if this has an effect on the flow.

Or if electrical charges are kept on the surface, like a capacity?
0 x
See you soon !
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 25/03/10, 16:18

Hello

another concept, not necessarily new, although still innovative at noveol.

jeff
0 x