Making a self-winding 5kW wind turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/01/07, 19:01

garthos wrote:I also specify that until July 2007 EDF has the obligation to buy back your production surplus and that of course this surplus and then sold to the user! in fact its your neighbor who takes advantage of your own energy.

and now I would like to have my questions answered!
please

SUBSIDIZED energy is NOT PROFITABLE ... POINT BAR! When there are a certain number of individuals who have their production system, be sure that the feed-in tariffs will melt like snow in the sun...And I'm sorry but zac is right: you dream if you believe that a DIY wind turbine (even very well made) will allow you to obtain a buyback from the local operator ... without invoice and standardized installation, your file = trash ... It is also included in the "trap" ...

Then your tone is quite annoying so if you want precise and quick answers, you take your booty and you call a professional from a Design Office ...
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 26/01/07, 19:58

Hello,

Before thinking of making a 5kw wind turbine, you must consider the size of this machine, the location and the availability to install such a monument.
A few years ago I helped a guy for an electrical problem on the 7,5 kw wind generator, to see the size of the 4 propeller blades and the size of the tower to operate this small generator, I been surprised .. with a whole system of security in case of storm ..
Fortunately he lived far away in an isolated companion, because I am not sure that he could have settled this in a rural area.
Its use is to heat domestic water. (it's his hobby)
For 5 kW this requires a consistent turbine or propeller.

Andre
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 26/01/07, 20:01

there was one at the invention of the year competition on M6, its blades were ordered to rotate and avoid the wind

but the guy didn't understand how a wind turbine works horizontal axis : he said that the air passing between the 3 pale "fines" did not produce useful recoverable energy (to enhance his invention), that was the thing not to say : Evil: because big bullshit

bolt
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 26/01/07, 20:31

personally, I am quite convinced that, when we produce very little electricity, the most profitable is to convert it into hot water:

no hassle or parerasse
simpler system
you recover energy at the sale price instead of recovering it at the purchase price

of course, if you prefer to shower in cold water already .... :D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 26/01/07, 20:40

Hello
I was wondering if rather than making a wind turbine as Guidi says, I could not recover a centrifugal condenser turbine.
I also found that the Opel alternators provide 100A. What poses problem with the wind turbines when the alternator starts to produce juice, that slows down the wind turbine enormously. In the end you need a gigantic fan.
I saw a TV program on a new type of centrifugal wind turbine identical to Guidi's idea.
I can't remember which show it was.
I searched the net and I can't find anything. These are not horizontal wind turbines.
0 x
garthos
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by garthos » 28/01/07, 01:10

ok thanks for your answers
so basically I have to forget to make a 5kw wind turbine

if not just some small question I do not know much about it in car alternator but how much can I hope to charge battery by putting them in parallel?

and would any of you have a 12V DC / 220V AC converter diagram? I had one in a practical electronics but that power of sorie was too low (100 or 200W if I remember correctly)

please
0 x
Let's be realistic! demand the impossible! Ernesto Che Guevara
delnoram

by delnoram » 28/01/07, 10:59

PITMIX wrote:Hello
I was wondering if rather than making a wind turbine as Guidi says, I could not recover a centrifugal condenser turbine.
I also found that the Opel alternators provide 100A. What poses problem with the wind turbines when the alternator starts to produce juice, that slows down the wind turbine enormously. In the end you need a gigantic fan.
I saw a TV program on a new type of centrifugal wind turbine identical to Guidi's idea.
I can't remember which show it was.
I searched the net and I can't find anything. These are not horizontal wind turbines.

You wouldn't have seen that on M6 "inventor of the year" by chance?
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
lio74
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by lio74 » 28/01/07, 11:13

garthos wrote:and is there anyone who wants to answer my questions? among other things on oversizing and generator?

Hello,
this is yet another of the many interesting topics that i will have trouble following closely!

I don't know if it can help you:
http://alternators.leroy-somer.com/index.php?lang=fr
I had to deal with them during my DUT internship ... they are not bad ...
if you don't find all the info you need call them directly ... by finishing a little (like installing 15 wind turbines ...) they may take the time to explain it to you!?!

if not to repeat what ZAC says
Regularly, forget amateur construction and sale to EDF.

install a small solar panel and plug in your wind turbine between the inverter and the output meter ... hop kWh sold in addition ... : Cheesy: after I'm not an electrician, it should not be as simple as plugging the lines with a sugar !! : Lol:

if not for your propeller, you do what type:
-> western propeller with inclined wooden planks
-> or a beautiful white 3-blade
:?:

@+
0 x
"To do something is expensive, to do nothing will cost much more." Koffie Annan
next species endangered: Man ... and it will be good for him !!!
MAN IS A VERY DANGEROUS POLLUTION NATURAL!
zac

by zac » 28/01/07, 11:41

lio74 wrote:if not to repeat what ZAC says
Regularly, forget amateur construction and sale to EDF.

install a small solar panel and plug in your wind turbine between the inverter and the output meter ... hop kWh sold in addition ... : Cheesy: after I'm not an electrician, it should not be as simple as plugging the lines with a sugar !! : Lol:

Hello
you understood everything lio; but must leave the wind turbine (or other) on your network, after: inverter, meter and EDF network.

avoid a live wind turbine on a network or batteries because when there is no wind it is the batteries that make it turn and if you put diodes you lose a lot in efficiency.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
delnoram

by delnoram » 28/01/07, 11:52

zac wrote:
avoid a live wind turbine on a network or batteries because when there is no wind it is the batteries that make it turn and if you put diodes you lose a lot in efficiency.

@+

Yes, or put a mini generator connected to the axis of the first which allows to cut the link between the wind turbine and the batteries in case of lack of wind.
on some electric motors, they call it a tachi
(tachometer)
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)