Geothermal energy in Switzerland, an example for France

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by futuranat » 18/09/09, 13:24

Well, I'm the Neanderthal for the occasion, so :(
Doesn't deep geothermal energy mean a system going to be used in deep hot water sources? And if, as it is very possible, I tell anything, I am interested in a little reading on the subject.
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 18/09/09, 13:51

Not necessarily hot springs. We can inject water and recover it in a primary circuit with an exchanger to have hot water usable in a secondary circuit.

If the center of the Earth cools, we will have more rotation of its core, therefore more magnetic field, therefore more protection against the solar wind, therefore the atmosphere will be blown and the Earth will become sterile.

This is also one of the hypotheses retained in the case of Mars. Mars being smaller than Earth, it cooled faster and underwent the scenario mentioned above.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 18/09/09, 16:02

futuranat wrote:Well, I'm the Neanderthal for the occasion, so :(
Doesn't deep geothermal energy mean a system going to be used in deep hot water sources? And if, as it is very possible, I tell anything, I am interested in a little reading on the subject.
The Icelanders use the strong geothermal potential (of volcanism) of their island, but in any case, a source is supplied with water continuously, that one draws the hot water which leaves there or not.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
futuranat
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by futuranat » 21/09/09, 16:35

Hmm, I don't know, the principle of continuous feeding leaves me a little puzzled. OK there are mechanisms for a regular supply but any mechanism can stop at a moment if you touch it and the "withdrawals" of the deep geothermal energy must in one way or another have an impact on the system.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 21/09/09, 21:30

futuranat wrote:Hmm, I don't know, the principle of continuous feeding leaves me a little puzzled. OK there are mechanisms for a regular supply but any mechanism can stop at a moment if you touch it and the "withdrawals" of the deep geothermal energy must in one way or another have an impact on the system.
Deep geothermal energy can be done either in the Icelandic way, by using hot water coming out of the earth (linked to volcanism), so there is no "withdrawal", or by injecting at great depth of water in cracked rocks is what is used in Soultz-sous-forêt.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."