Wind energy in France and Germany: key figures

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/09/08, 15:12

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 10/09/08, 15:14

To answer some of the questions raised:

- The foundations of the machines are made of reinforced concrete, and we have variable shapes but always fairly close to a disc (basically the principle of stem glass). The volume is very variable, depending on the machines and the soil. The prefabricated masts made of concrete (three-quarters of their height, the rest made of steel) are very new. They are simpler to handle and transport, and are developed for great heights that were only made of steel before. I only know of one park in France equipped with concrete masts, near Beauvais. Surely there should be a few others, but very few. A wind turbine with its mast of a hundred meters in concrete, it must go look for in the 1000 tonnes (to check anyway)

- The masts (this is the term used) for the tallest in France are around 100m. To this we must add a half-rotor diameter to have the height at the end of the blade. When it's going to look 150 m at the end of the blade, it's very big and it's recent machines. FYI, the largest wind turbine in the world (which I have been to see in real life 8) ), the prototype E-126 near Emdem in Germany, has a mast of 135m and a diameter of 126m. Or about 200 m at the end of the blade. It is 6MW and is therefore 2 to 3 times more powerful than the 150m machines which are in the 2 or 3 MW range.

- A wind turbine can be mounted on masts of different heights. The advantage of climbing as high as possible is to seek stronger and more regular winds.

- Wind farms are thought to last at least twenty years. The question of their extension has not yet arisen, including in Germany, since few parks have reached their twenties. It is assumed that neither the foundations nor the masts should be reused in the event of replacement of a fleet, considering that they have a limited tolerance over time to fatigue phenomena. Anyway, in twenty years the stuff changes ...

- In terms of studies: a park must comply with strict specifications in acoustics, be subject to impact studies, landscape photomontages, bats (bats), fauna, flora, migrants, be far from facilities at risk (gas pipeline for example), resect minimum distances to homes, have the approval of civil aviation, military, weather France (which use radars that can be interfered), the DIREN, the DRIRE, have a network connection authorization, be located in ZDE (recent thing), the building permit must be signed by the prefect, and I forget full !!
Wind turbines are not ICPE, a status reserved for installations presenting a particular industrial risk. There would be a draft decree to submit them to it. This is without justification and it is a possible measure of political torpedoing of wind power in France. But considering the anti-wind lobbying in France, it's not a surprise.

- In terms of cost. A fleet mainly costs by purchasing machines, especially since prices have soared due to the high demand. The other costs are quite variable. The most determining factor (excluding machines) is the cost of connection to the network, which is done at the promoter's expense and which is excruciatingly expensive. That counts in millions of euros for a few kilometers. The percentages vary but it is certain that the machines (I mean manufactured, delivered, assembled, outside the foundation) represent much more than 50% of the total cost.

And to stop talking in a vacuum, please visit the sites of the main manufacturers present on the French market before affirming stuff and stuff. In general, the commercial documents with the basic characters of the machines can be downloaded:

http://www.nordex-online.com/en
http://www.repower.fr/
http://www.vestas.com/fr/fr
http://www.enercon.fr/fr/_home.htm
http://www.gepower.com/businesses/ge_wi ... /index.htm
http://www.gamesa.es/en

Here
Last edited by Rulian the 10 / 09 / 08, 15: 27, 1 edited once.
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 10/09/08, 15:26

Woodcutter wrote:It doesn't answer my question: where did the reference to the manufacturers who would have said something go?
I don't have time to do them all but the first one I found "weole-energy" says on his site in the particular section (but it is repeated in other places).
To contribute very effectively to the fight against global warming
The installation of wind turbines by electricity consumers is one of the most effective ways of reducing greenhouse gas emissions and therefore of fighting global warming.

Did you know: in Europe, consuming 1kWh of “classic” electricity corresponds to the emission of 340 g of CO2; or for a French household more than 4 tonnes of CO2 per year! Wind turbines do not emit any.

Did you know: to save 4 tonnes of CO2 emissions per year, you would have to leave your car in the garage for the equivalent of 36 km per year, or go around the world!

The wind turbine is built, transported, maintained ... all by itself. After citing you a federation of builders, after quoting you a constructor, are you still going to say that I am in bad faith? This one is not good, right?

No. Wind turbines are not ICPE.
Admittedly, I took examples of ICPEs, but it is not only ICPEs that are subject to impact studies. Wind farms with a power greater than 2.5 MW must provide an impact study to obtain a building permit. Permit to be issued by the prefect.
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 10/09/08, 15:29

Thank you Rulian for your info, Sorry but the manufacturer I found is not in your list ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 10/09/08, 15:34

Normal your builder makes small wind turbines for individuals ... it doesn't have much to do.
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 10/09/08, 17:47

C moa wrote:[...] The wind turbine is built, transported, maintained ... all by itself. After quoting you a federation of builders, after quoting you a builder, are you still going to say that I am in bad faith? This one is not good is that it ?? [...]
Well, let's stop this stupid little game ...

Your message was that ...
C moa wrote:[...]
Removing them means: again tracks for trucks, again machines, again earthworks, even more important than for the installation probably ...
Totally agree but the builders say there is no impact on the environment so why worry?

I don't see any connection between what you got out of me (Windmill planet, Federation, small builder) and this post there.

Do not emit CO2 during operation, this is a tiny bit different from there is no impact on the environment...

For the rest, thank you to Rulian for his details, I would discuss with the person I know based on this new light.
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Wind power in France and Germany: key figures

by izentrop » 15/11/20, 09:00

I don't know if this is the right subject?
Wind power no longer has the coast in Germany
Across the Rhine, onshore wind power is no longer really popular: for its energy transition, Germany has finally decided to invest elsewhere; very soon, the sector will therefore no longer benefit from subsidies. So the only choice for energy companies is recycling.
https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/100861-00 ... allemagne/
0 x
tomorrow-tomorrow
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by tomorrow-tomorrow » 24/11/20, 10:36

Hello everyone and thank you for this key information :) it looks like wind power is growing at a high speed and that is quite a good thing, there is a real awareness and i hope it pays off! I wanted to take advantage of your hindsight because I currently work for an SME specializing in the food industry and we have grown a lot in recent years ... My managers want to enter into an ICPE approach without really knowing where to start, they are thinking of calling on a design office like this https://www.odz-consultants.com/ to guide them, do you think this approach is essential? Do some companies recruit internally to monitor such environmental projects? I understood that wind power was not taken into account in an ICPE approach, what can be put in place to meet current standards? your feedback is appreciated :) merci!
0 x
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 24/11/20, 12:37

izentrop wrote:I don't know if this is the right subject?
Wind power no longer has the coast in Germany
Across the Rhine, onshore wind power is no longer really popular: for its energy transition, Germany has finally decided to invest elsewhere; very soon, the sector will therefore no longer benefit from subsidies. So the only choice for energy companies is recycling.
https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/100861-00 ... allemagne/

the article seems misleading, the Germans are investing elsewhere or?
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 05/06/21, 10:36

The French wind farm at the end of March 2021

During the first quarter of 1, 2021 new wind turbine "installations" (which can "range from a micro-wind turbine to a farm made up of a large number of masts"), with 20 MW of cumulative power, were connected to the electricity grid. in France according to the Data and Statistical Studies Service (SDES) of the Ministry of Ecological Transition (210). This is 2% less than the wind capacity connected in France in the 19st quarter of 1 (2020 MW distributed between 259 installations).

In total, the French wind farm was, at the end of March 2021, made up of 2 installations with a cumulative power of 17,9 GW (half of this park is located in the Hauts-de-France and Grand Est regions). Wind generation reached 11,8 TWh in the 1st quarter of 2021, or 8,4% of French electricity consumption during this period.

extract https://www.connaissancedesenergies.org ... nce-210604
0 x