Cerf wind wheel

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 05/12/09, 19:14

0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 05/12/09, 20:38

odrey wrote:Hello,

Being currently in engineering school, I have to carry out a project on the design of a tethered balloon system which, in addition to producing electricity from the wind, would be able to use solar energy. I was wondering if anyone would know where I could find information on the legislation to which such a balloon would be subjected? Because it is not yet used, I can't find anything on the net.

If anyone has any ideas, I'm interested ...
Thank you

Having known a lawyer from the DGAC, I confirm that her role was to dig into the legal questions concerning all possible and imaginable flying objects, from the private individual to the industrialist!

She also told me about the most original, not to say eccentric, problems that the employees of the DGAC submitted to her.

For the secure area: maybe above the sea? ...
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 05/12/09, 21:13

Say, say, where can we find data on wind speeds and variances in the strastosphere (airport I think, weather France it must be country : Evil: ), and above all, data on sunshine at high altitude?
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 05/12/09, 23:24

oiseautempete wrote:As for ITER, if you are not a doctor in nuclear physics, beware of judging what you do not know ... understanding the structure of matter is absolutely essential for the technologies of tomorrow ... : Evil:

I am not sure that ITER will contribute greatly to the understanding of the structure of matter ... This is also not the aim of the project.
Oops, I'm getting off topic, sorry.
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 06/12/09, 09:38

Cuicui wrote:I am not sure that ITER will contribute greatly to the understanding of the structure of matter ... This is also not the aim of the project.
Oops, I'm getting off topic, sorry.

The subject is energy and ITER is one of them: to be able to make nuclear fusion, it is necessary to know perfectly the structure of matter and the laws which govern it, things are linked ...
If you have a brilliant idea which will make it possible to produce the enormous quantities of energy which will be necessary tomorrow, when it will be necessary to replace the current nuclear power stations by systems little dangerous, little polluting and little greedy in raw material ...
For the moment I do not see any, neither near nor far, whether in "renewable" or not ... the various alternative solutions are not in reality because their period of production is essentially diurnal (photovoltaic) , dependent on the winds (which blow mainly during the day), etc ... The only countries which use 100% of renewable energy for their electricity production are very specific cases: Norway, a huge country but populated by only 4 million inhabitants and having water that can be used in falls in great abundance (and invisible power plants because they are buried), and Iceland which uses geothermal energy from its privileged position on the mid-Atlantic rift ... the others are perhaps doing a lot of wind power (see the origin of the European mega power failure that there was recently), but the majority is oil and coal, just some who play the holy nitouches by "refusing nuclear" (Switzerland) but actually buy 15 to 20% in France (well let's see ) ...
When the winds of the upper atmosphere, there are only the jet streams, and these are borrowed commonly and primarily by airliners to ... save fuel, therefore out ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 06/12/09, 10:35

oiseautempete wrote:If you have a brilliant idea which will make it possible to produce the enormous quantities of energy which will be necessary tomorrow, when it will be necessary to replace the current nuclear power stations by systems little dangerous, little polluting and little greedy in raw material ...

Uh, if you were going to take a look at the 2 links that serve as a signature for my post? We could continue this conversation without polluting the subject of Raymon.
This concerns non-polluting nuclear power plants by hydrogen-boron fusion thanks to magnetic compression. The feasibility of the process was highlighted in 2005, in a completely unexpected way, by the z-machine of Sandia Laboratories (USA).
This obviously does not prevent us from continuing to invest in energy savings, geothermal energy and direct solar energy (collectors) or indirect (hydro, wind, biomass).
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 06/12/09, 12:53

Uh, if you were going to take a look at the 2 links that serve as a signature for my post? We could continue this conversation without polluting Raymon's subject

No problem the nuclear fusion of the z machine (apparently without tritium) does not bother me too much although it is too centralized and implies a society far from an anarchist ideal.
As far as planes are concerned, I'm not too worried because in 30 years there will hardly be any left except for miraculous technology.
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 06/12/09, 13:10

I know well that jet streams are used as overhead air corridors ... What I would like to know is:
1) wind speed and variance data corresponding to the jet stream
2) if ALL the jet streams are air corridors (which I doubt ...)
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 06/12/09, 15:12

minguinhirigue wrote:I know well that jet streams are used as overhead air corridors ... What I would like to know is:
1) wind speed and variance data corresponding to the jet stream
2) if ALL the jet streams are air corridors (which I doubt ...)

it goes from 100km / h to 400km / h and from 6000 to 15000m ... and the current t ° in these areas is in the -50 ° C ... and you plan to send something in there? : Lol:
When the course of the jet stream, it looks more or less like the gulf stream and there is only one that passes on the outskirts of France ... whose position varies by several thousands of km depending on weather conditions and the time of year ... in short completely unusable including for technical reasons (how much does 15km of cable weigh? (and even much more since you shoot at 45 °) ... better to go on more realistic stuff ... for example the silent vertical axis wind turbines which are starting to develop in Germany on private homes, and in addition it is made in France: http://www.gual-industrie.com/statoeolien.html and there are others ... I don't believe at all in giant wind installations which have almost only disadvantages, but rather in the innumerable small private installations ...
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 06/12/09, 15:27

I'm more like you, I prefer to consider small installations, grafted onto an interactive network (domestic water heating, and other non-continuous electrical installations controlled according to the network load ...).

However, I am not opposed to thinking of another solution. Just to go up the limits, and sometimes the advantages ... :D
0 x