Question: problem of oversized granulated boiler?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 22/05/08, 21:58

Wood
Pallets can be reused when intact, or repaired when only a few items are damaged.
If their repair is no longer economically profitable, the pallets remain energy recoverable in wood-fired boilers, after crushing and de-steeling.
The crates can, after crushing and stripping, be used in the manufacture of particle boards or join the energy wood sector after packaging in chips.

http://www2.ademe.fr/servlet/KBaseShow? ... atid=14743

that's it for the platelets, my question remains for the granules
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 22/05/08, 22:59

good i found my answer
http://www2.ademe.fr/servlet/getBin?nam ... 744957.pdf
voilà
thank you, talk to you later
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 22/05/08, 23:01

0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 22/05/08, 23:19

: Lol:
In the Ademe file page 10 is extra. It says that, depending on the treatment of the wood, it can no longer possibly be used as fuel. In this case, we try to recycle it as a material and if it does not work, we cremates
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/05/08, 16:45

toto65 wrote:Hello,
where can we find the din + standard in French?

For example: wood coming from HT treated pallet, is it good or not?
thank you, talk to you later

1) The main levels to reach for a Din + certification are (in German - but the units put you fairly easily on the road) on the following site:

http://www.depv.de/holzpellets/pellets/normen/

2) No, no pallets. Only "natural wood". Even the additives tolerated within the limits indicated by the standard (starch, etc.) must be natural ("not chemically transformed").

Between us, the pellets from reprocessed pallets, I would not buy them: residues of the treatments, risk of finding remains of screws / staples ...

3) Finally, it is necessary to go through a certifying body, which, in addition to the internal controls which must be operated by the manufacturer according to a defined process with traceability, will carry out an unannounced external control at least once a year (the principle is comparable organic farming, with an independent certifier, paid by the producer!).
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 23/05/08, 16:55

Philippe Schutt wrote:: Lol:
the treatment of wood it can possibly no longer be used as fuel. In this case, we try to recycle it as a material and if it does not work, we cremates

This is only contradictory in appearance. Incineration is carried out in an installation designed for, at very high temperatures, often with the injection of other fuels, with filters at the outlet ... Finally, when it is well done ... Which does not prevent dioxins in the surroundings!

While combustion is a fire at home ... A pellet boiler is a bit in between: combustion is controlled, at fairly high temperatures, but it is not an incineration oven !
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 23/05/08, 18:56

yeah ... I suspect that with the various transportations and manipulations that this causes the final pollution is even higher ...
0 x
jc-tergal
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by jc-tergal » 23/05/08, 19:31

Philippe Schutt wrote:yeah ... I suspect that with the various transportations and manipulations that this causes the final pollution is even higher ...

ask me the same question. Not higher because the cost of refining, research production, transport for oil is gigantic, but it is sure that it is not at all as neutral as the "salesmen" say.
0 x
toto65
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by toto65 » 23/05/08, 23:45

Great!
thank you Philippe

Pellets may only be produced from untreated wood or untreated bark also with the addition of
auxiliary pressing material.
For example, the following foreign substances are prohibited:
- Wood containing biocide or trunk protective agent;
- Adhesives and / or plastics;
- Varnish and other coating material

For Did67: HT treated pallets (56/30) are not incompatible with the standard. HT is high temperature, 56 ° C for 30 minutes, no product. The nails, they are separated at the exit of the shredder.
On the other hand, no agglomerate is needed.
It was a simple reflection on my part. Otherwise since the pallet wood is very dry, I think that the pellets do not hold and make dust. And bye bye the norm ...
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 24/05/08, 08:49

toto65 wrote: Otherwise since the pallet wood is very dry, I think that the pellets do not hold and make dust. And bye bye the norm ...

I do not believe. it seems to me that the sawdust is dried BEFORE pressing. In general, the pellets that make the dust are either light (badly pressed) or wet
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."