Install a wind turbine in a tree?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 25/04/10, 22:38

We have your idea in mind.
But here I followed the previous intervention, which was not bobo to the tree, and which also concerns the departure of this subject ...

---
For your tree, would need a poplar.
If we have one in his field, he will be garlanded like a Christmas tree, with his strings stretched on each side, in all angles and at different heights from the top of the tree.
A rimmed zone of wires with a dynamo in the middle of a doublette, with return pulleys on each tent peg ...
(And I know about tent pegs ...)
That will have mouth joke!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 25/04/10, 22:47

And in winter the trees are as shaken as the summer or more, and the pines have needles in winter too!
In winter, the trees are very uprooted by the wind, even without leaves!
Why make easy when you can do complicated !!!!
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 25/04/10, 22:57

Fashion : Lol: / Of course, are you trading in strings?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 26/04/10, 01:08

The wind in a big tree (with wind surge surface tens of times that of a conventional wind turbine) grows very strong (the ton) and so a string is rather weak, but apparently, you like conventional conventional methods !!!
In addition conventional wind turbines declare a package (by flagging) as soon as the wind is a bit strong, while the trees resist blithely and stir energetically with a lot of energy to recover!
In addition a wind turbine is expensive while a tree grows alone, does not cost anything and the converter on the ground costs the minimum price to achieve and install (no blades, no mat, no mounting, no setting system in flag !!!
The cost difference is very high.
In addition no problem of urban planning, administrative authorization, noise problem, neighbors who refuse this wart with arms, etc.
And also, we can multiply the wind in a whole forest without difficulty and recover a huge energy, given the surface and simplicity!
The converter can be made by covering the piezoelectric capsule shaft that give current if deformed.

The shaft can also be connected directly to a water pump where the piston pulled by the shaft pumps water upwards. This water stored with its energy potentille height, advantageously replaces batteries (no loss over time) and making it down to run an alternator we get the electricity that when we need it with little loss! !!

Finally, pusique you want to laugh, we could try to modify the tree genetically (GMO) to make it piezo and make electricity as soon as it deforms!
We only have to connect the son on!
0 x
yoananda
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yoananda » 26/04/10, 09:30

Great the idea of ​​taking advantage of the movement of the tree under the wind!

I did not see it mentioned, what do you think of coupling it with piezo-electric? It could also do it no?
I know there are some projects to recover electricity when we walk or other movements. I have no idea of ​​the returns, however.
0 x
quovadis
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by quovadis » 26/04/10, 13:12

yoananda wrote:Great the idea of ​​taking advantage of the movement of the tree under the wind!

I did not see it mentioned, what do you think of coupling it with piezo-electric? It could also do it no?
I know there are some projects to recover electricity when we walk or other movements. I have no idea of ​​the returns, however.

Great no matter what.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 26/04/10, 14:25

In general, the piezoelectric have an acceptable conversion efficiency at high frequency like ultrasound but at low frequency the efficiency is low, with enormous voltages (KV for gas ignition) and therefore leaks and difficult use, except new material. However, it is not "Anything big.", Because we store a slow movement in the form of piezoelectric charges, better than by alternator, which requires a minimum speed, since the magnetic induction is proportional to the speed..

All that is new is often "From the big nonsense." as long as the difficulties of complete realization have not been resolved.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/04/10, 03:52

I do not want to acuse anything big, but when the wind blows at a constant speed the tree bends at a constant angle and there is no energy to recover from it's motion

if the wind blows in irregular gusts there may be a little more to recover, but it is toput way derisory compared to a good old propeller

and even if the slow movement of a big tree was an interesting power the big mechanics it would take to exploit it seems heavier and more expensive than the small alternator on the small propeller that will produce the same thing

it makes me think of a story! what produces the wind? answer the leaf of moving trees!

the proof: when the leaves of trees move there is wind, when it does not move there is no wind ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/04/10, 11:11

Fun how difficult it is to convince of an original and simple idea, faced with conventional choices.
the wind blows at a constant speed the tree bends at a constant angle

ignore the fact that even at low speed on land, with always obstacles, the flow is always very strongly turbulent and never laminar at constant speed (very high Reynolds number:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reynolds_number
)
For this basic reason, we never see a tree with its leaves motionless in the very weak wind.
Worse, without the turbulence, we could not swim in the water and we would sink as if we try to swim in the jam or mud very viscous!
But conventional wind turbines are not designed for this, to recover the energy of turbulence, (based on the principle of the wing of the plane or the sail, the boat, with lift) and flag when the turbulence becomes preponderant !!
Wind turbines miss most of the turbulent wind energy.
In addition, their appearance to the Don Quixote is that they are refused with their noise !!
the big mechanics it would take to exploit it seems heavier and more expensive than the small alternator on the small propeller that will produce the same thing

is typical of the conventional thinking that does not like changes and goes out of statements on impressions without any objective analysis of novelty.
A few strings attached to a tree without changing its appearance and driving an alternator pulley become a very heavy "big mechanism" !!!
Since the wind always agitates the trees, we recover a turbulent energy wasted. Especially, as some ropes are not very visible, we can equip a very large number of trees without changing the appearance of these trees, in fact a whole forest, while it is forbidden to fill wind turbines a whole forest! .
Objectively, nothing prevents putting wind turbines at the top of trees and ropes for alternators on the ground to recover maximum energy, at low speed and strong wind at a time.
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 27/04/10, 12:54

Hi Dedelco!

I had raised the idea of ​​recovering the oscillation of the trees and thus create electricity, which is not a bad idea in theory, but the problem! it is to implement this idea which becomes very difficult and complicated by its complexity; Tying a string to each treetop already becomes a barrier and in addition the amount of small generator to install is another!
: Shock:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain