Innovation, invention and philosophy

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Wind Howler
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Wind Howler » 06/03/08, 20:59

A new machine or technique is invented: and the mill wheel of 2 tons, 4 meters in diameter developing 4 horsepower is replaced in the same place by a 300 kg turbine developing 35 hp. After which, for decades, we strive to "gain a few hundredths" in yield ... or else we do "politics" (that occupies) by arguing endlessly about the comfort of birds, fish ( however I saw some beautiful trout at the exit of the valves of the mills) or the aesthetics of the wind turbines (still superior to that supposed of the mills of Valmy or of the Mont des Alouettes ...)

While craftsmen, do-it-yourselfers, industrialists, engineers, students create something other than sophisticated copying: in China, Switzerland, Germany, the United States, Canada ... but why not here? We also have heads and hands:

In Moldova, physicist Miroslav Sedlack was resting during a hike under a tree in front of a stream. As he followed the eddies of the water, he wondered how to spot the energy of these eddies. Returning home, he took his sketchbook, and it was the SETUR turbine, inexpensive, easy to use without impact on the environment, which allows the production of domestic electricity,

In Canada, the wind power company Sambrabec worked for 2 years to invent and develop a wind turbine as free as possible from the drawbacks of conventional wind turbines. Result of the CATAVENT turbine: a reasonably priced system, independent of the direction of the wind, easily assembled (1 day), modular (the day you want to increase the power, you simply add one or more modules - no need to change wind turbine), producing electricity regardless of the strength of the wind and resistant to storm winds, transforming 50% of the energy of the wind into electricity, against 20 to 30% for a conventional wind turbine ...

in the United States, after mountain biking, "recumbent bikes" and other "human-powered vehicles", there are tricycles, quadricycles, with electric assistance or with a very small auxiliary heat engine ... with adaptations for the elderly, the disabled, people with family, folding bags to take in the car. They are built in the country, sometimes in very small SMIs (ours, of old design, are made in China). Not only are they successful in the country, but they are also exported.

In China, the design of human-powered vehicles, often electrically assisted, sometimes faired, is progressing rapidly

Faired pedal vehicles, more difficult to develop, also appear in Germany and Holland. When we know that 80% of the energy of pedaling is absorbed by the aerodynamic resistance, the interest of the fairing is obvious.

In France anyway, there is talk of a "bikesolex Hybrid" which should appear this year (2008). It solves the problem of the low autonomy of the bicycle with assistance or electric propulsion.

In Australia, a powerful battery has just been invented - a combination of a battery and a super-capacitor. Electric cars have been driven in England in recent weeks on 100 mile car test runs
(about 160 km).

etc ...

By researching, it is undoubtedly possible to find techniques suitable for efficiently and elegantly solving all our individual or family energy problems. I think that this research can be of interest, if only to avoid buying at a high price already obsolete equipment, and probably less ecological

Incidentally, I experimented with the (Chinese) electric bicycle. Conclusion: the last full tank of fuel for my car dates from the beginning of January of this year, and the next one is not near. I fully intend to go through with the mutation: a hybrid vehicle powered at 95% by electricity produced at home. This in my future country where we can do a lot because of regulations that are generally less "fussy"
0 x
Remundo

Re: innovation

by Remundo » 06/03/08, 22:01

Windjammer wrote:By researching, it is undoubtedly possible to find techniques suitable for efficiently and elegantly solving all our individual or family energy problems. I think that this research can be of interest, if only to avoid buying at a high price already obsolete equipment, and probably less ecological

It is not me who will say the opposite : Cheesy:

There are indeed plenty of nifty, clean and energetic little systems just waiting to be implemented ... instead, we talk and we make laws :frown: ...

Hey, take a look at the PHRSD post ... it's in the spirit of your talk 8)

@+
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 07/03/08, 06:17

Interesting these Catavent and Setur turbines!
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 07/03/08, 08:44

Thank you Windjammer for this info:

Great the SETUR turbine !!

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... %3D1I7GGLR

Great the Catavent turbine - wind turbine !!

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/app/ccc/srch/ ... Prfl&app=1

She had 2 excellence awards in 1989 and 91 in Canada !!

http://pages.videotron.com/sambrab/Prix_excellence.html

..and an article that talks about this abandoned invention:

http://quebeckyoto.org/spip.php?article262

Where can we get documentation and prices? apparently they are not marketed in France?

In France we have no oil, but the good ideas of others do not interest us either, nor, moreover, than the good ideas from home. : Shock:
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/03/08, 09:09

jean63 wrote:In France we have no oil, but the good ideas of others do not interest us either, nor, moreover, than the good ideas from home. : Shock:

I like to say: In France we have no oil but we have lobbies (a little more than elsewhere because of Franco-French centralism) hihihihi
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 07/03/08, 09:26

jean63 wrote:Where can we get documentation and prices?

Right here : http://pages.infinit.net/sambrab/price_list.htm#2
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 07/03/08, 09:32

jean63 wrote:Where can we get documentation and prices? apparently they are not marketed in France?

The : http://pages.videotron.com/sambrab/liste_prix_franc.htm
prices from US $ 5500 to US $ 22.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/03/08, 09:34

In my opinion do not count on EdF to buy you back the current of this kind of wind turbine ... but I could be wrong ...
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 07/03/08, 09:54

must not resell must keep everything! it's directly amortized like that ;-)

500 € the residential wind turbine 400w:
http://www.edgb2b.com/recherche_resultat.php?lg=fr&mot_cles=eolienne+r%C3%A9sidentielle&categorie=produits&x=0&y=0

otherwise THE site for self-building your wind turbine:
http://www.windbluepower.com/

all spare parts, modified 540W alternator 219 €

otherwise 1kw generator 250 € HT:
http://www.futurenergy.co.uk/turbine.html

Everything is here ...

build your wind turbine step by step:
http://www.thebackshed.com/windmill/fp2a.asp

pvc tube blades:
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/eole/eole.html
0 x
Wind Howler
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Wind Howler » 07/03/08, 16:47

without irony: happy those who have "gold in their hands"! they don't need to do complex depreciation and profitability calculations.

Otherwise, you have to choose your technical process and your suppliers. So be open to all accessible information, and share it without reservation: hence the wealth of "Internet" and forums. Example: An American who built and installed a wind turbine himself solved the prohibitive cost of the storage battery by purchasing a used forklift battery on eBay! (I do not know if it is frequently found in Europe).

I know the technique of unregulated electric current mentioned on a previous post: long before Denmark embarked on the study and production of industrial wind turbines, a number of Scandinavians, happy owners of one among the dust of wonderful small islands off Stockholm, left a wind turbine connected to 2 or 3 radiators in their cottage, closed during the off-season. They found it dry, clean, free from humidity and mold.

Solution thought out and produced by the inhabitant of a Parisian two-room apartment: a solar panel on the roof, a large car battery, and all of its lighting equipped with
12 Volt car bulbs. Annual report: 100 Fr. (it was before the Euro) of consumption at the EdF meter (I suppose it was his coffee grinder, and that it had to be heated by the central heating of the building ).

I think you have to keep an open mind and, while being aware of what is or has been done, not to be locked into it: clearly pose your problem, and from there look for the best solution.

If we buy ourselves "off the shelf", the investment is not negligible, it is first necessary to calculate the depreciation period, taking into account the purchase prices, the cost of the installation work and maintenance, after deduction of premiums, tax credits, any subsidies from ADEME and the regions and others and any redemption of excess electricity by EdF.

Acquisition by EdF: no problem for photovoltaic electricity.
EdF is obliged to buy excess electricity from you, at an imposed tariff - advantageous - guaranteed by a contract. The return is low compared to the investment.

For wind power, there is little hope if you are not in a Wind Development Zone (ZDE).
I had the chance to access the map of the region located between Loire and Gironde: jumble of data between populated areas and aerodromes (logic), passage of migratory birds, monuments, marshes, tourist areas, local classified sites , departmental, regional, national, international etc. and snails. That we take precautions for large installations, yes, it is even very wise. But the decisions are made by polytechnicians and people from the ENA who do not care about the "trifle" and your 0,9 kw at the top of its 10 meter mast is a wind turbine, you will not deny it , so in the bag of the wind turbines with the others, the "big ones" - sometimes you disturb the lapwing or the turtledoves, or make the frogs "dizzy".

Useful precision: if the axis of your horizontal turbine is less than 12m from the ground, you can erect it with a simple "declaration of works" to the town hall. (get along with neighbors beforehand, simply for the sake of good neighborliness). Above this level, you need a "building permit", and go through the prefecture, which takes time.

A lot of paperwork is still needed for the "administrative connection" to be carried out with the EdF. If you go through a company (it is more expensive of course) it will in principle take care of the formalities.

I will not drown the forum under the details. For these, see the sites of ADEME, the HESPUL association, possibly EdF.
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."