Low pressure hydrogen storage

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/03/08, 17:30

Chatham wrote:that explains everything: you shouldn't hold back fart because otherwise flatulence goes up along the spine to the brain: that's how shit ideas are born ... : Mrgreen:

Retaining farts is therefore a dead end : Lol:
0 x
rescwood
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rescwood » 07/03/08, 18:42

Quote:
Rescwood, not at all agree with you regarding the biomass because, for example, the oilseed algae produced industrially could largely cover our current needs ... Yield from 70 to 150L / ha.year ...

Where do you get these numbers from? It would be truly miraculous, the solution to storing solar energy in an easily transportable and usable energy carrier.

mea culpa, i didn't bother looking for:
https://www.econologie.com/forums/huile-vegetale-pure-par-les-algues-oleagineuses-t2242.html
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 10/03/08, 10:56

Aloa!

Remundo wrote:Here, take a look at this
http://www.cea.fr/var/plain/storage/ori ... 8c4662.pdf

My hyperthermic solar trap will provide heat above 1000 ° C without any problems.
@+

Will you have to show us that, a bit like Thémys?

Otherwise, 60KJ to make H2 from biomass instead of 280KJ to crack water directly, it's already good

Let us remember that to limit the galloping greenhouse effect, we should limit our energy expenditure to one third of what we already consume ... we are badly barred

Despite everything, I am a solar voltaic photo collector for battery storage or use for electrolysis (storage will come, I'm sure, but when?)
and solar thermal with storage calculated for 72 hours in a heated floor slab
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Remundo

by Remundo » 10/03/08, 12:32

Hello Maloche,

If you go on the forum (click on PHRSD), I published the scientific appendix calculating the yields.

Storage for 72 hours is possible, but a large insulated tank must be provided.

I calculated that by choosing water, 50L was needed, going from 900 ° C to 1000 ° C for 1m² impacted for 12 hours by 1000W / m². You can also take stones, sand ...

Now, for 72h, either you multiply by 6 the volume (300L) or you multiply by 6 the deltaT (a little big, but possible ...)

For you, in addition, we can afford 100 ° -> 1300 ° C because it is for home heating.

Either you do a little of both 8)

@+
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 10/03/08, 22:21

Wow, don't get carried away :D

I was only talking about low temperature storage in well-dimensioned floor tiles, on which we apply an insulation calculated to slow down the heat emission

Low T °, ​​that is to say from 22 to 30 ° C maximum and a surface temperature on insulation limited to 25 ° C, all this for maximum efficiency of solar panels

this implies a very well insulated dwelling

Optionally, you can also load a few m3 of concrete underground and use it as an exchanger as needed ...

I still don't follow you for the high T °
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/03/08, 10:25

Ah, but beware, the high temperature is only for the storage tank. The coolant passing through it must not have time to "charge" fully. By passing quickly enough, it can take a few dozen d ° C only ... and cool a concrete slab.

The pb of low deltaT thermal storage is that enormous quantities of materials are required ... storage is necessarily proportional to the two quantities. If one tends to 0, the other tends to infinity : Idea:

@+
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 11/03/08, 10:59

yes, but the thermal storage in the case of a house, we already have it in the floors

visualize a house of 150m² with oversized screeds to 15cm, that makes you 22m3 of concrete for storage, with a house well insulated from the outside, a Canadian well and a double flow ventilation, it is several days of autonomy of heating without sun

to this you add bay windows for direct sunshine and a regulated automatic management of electric blinds

the sleeping rooms and the bathrooms are in the basement (full ground) for summer thermal comfort and unequaled acoustic comfort, a skylight in the center with a winter garden allowing access between levels

the living rooms are on the ground floor see a floor for foodies

who says better? and all without hydrogen storage : Cheesy:

the surplus energy will be stored in a volume of concrete insulated in crawlspace of the garage adjoining the house, allowing storage up to 80 ° C to redistribute on request the underfloor heating and DHW preheating

my future home :D
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 11/03/08, 12:11

Ah!!

I feel in you the passionate habitat engineer animated by a sparkling ecological flame!
:D
Long live HQE !!! 8)
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 11/03/08, 23:07

yes, especially realistic in the face of the inevitable increase in energies

plan to be autonomous right away
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 17/03/08, 22:36

What was the subject already? :D
0 x