Low pressure hydrogen storage

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
rescwood
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rescwood » 29/02/08, 16:35

Biomass is not, and never will be, a resource for producing energy that can be exploited in a context of sustainable development at the rate at which we currently consume energy.
In addition, in the case of synthesis and manufacture of fuels, combustible, the energy invested in the process arrives practically at what one can withdraw from it ...

Biomass thermolysis as a substitute for petrochemicals, why not, but as a fuel source it is econologically stupid.

"Hyperthermic solar trap at 1000 ° C": I wait to see, that would allow me to forge solar. In the meantime, I'm going to get down to making André's ball burner. For this one, there are feedbacks that prove that it works.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 03/03/08, 10:24

fully agree;
of + everything depends on the sun. if there isn't, there isn't ... and the wind will cool.

yes recswood, our consumption is too great, but we know that we will reduce it, you have to believe it.

however, you underestimate the methane biomass: one cow = 15 m3 of gas per day.

in germany 3500 biogas insatlaltions: electricity + heat network, in sweden they run buses, trains etc ...

the future of NRG in Europe! some gas !

in France, 4 instalaltions ...

we know we can liquefy this gas in diesel! even sewage sludge!

moreover, do not trap methane: CH4 is 3000 times worse than CO2 in terms of greenhouse gases!

in addition, the recovered substrate is "organic" fertilizer, another solution! the anaerobic process is much faster than spreading ... or slurry pollution.

in short, I don't really understand you there!

http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/biogaz/biogaz.html
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/biogaz/biogaz2.html
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/03/08, 10:38

Hello Rescwood,

rescwood wrote:Biomass is not, and never will be, a resource for producing energy that can be exploited in a context of sustainable development at the rate at which we currently consume energy.
In addition, in the case of synthesis and manufacture of fuels, combustible, the energy invested in the process arrives practically at what one can withdraw from it ...

Biomass thermolysis as a substitute for petrochemicals, why not, but as a fuel source it is econologically stupid.

Here, you can watch
http://www.energie-ren.com/conferences% ... /Bigot.pdf

Indeed, biomass thermolysis consumes a fraction of the energy of that of the final fuel.

This is the point of replacing this heat with the colossal energy contributions of the sun.

In this document, you will see that the only way of improvement is thermolysis at more than 1000 ° C, currently very ecological, because these temperatures are obtained by combustion ...

With solar energy hyperthermic, a lot of certainties will probably be shaken, like the impossibility of making hydrogen: the direct way by thermolysis of water, and the indirect way (electric) by hydrolysis of water are opened by the PHRSD.

In fact, practically all endothermic reactions having good kinetics only at 1000 ° C. and therefore very expensive in fuel can take advantage of this hyperthermic confinement.

@+
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/03/08, 10:46

Hi Jonule,

jonule wrote:fully agree;
of + everything depends on the sun. if there isn't, there isn't ... and the wind will cool.

http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/biogaz/biogaz.html
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/biogaz/biogaz2.html

Well precisely, the PHRSD solves the problem of wind cooling since the confinement is done in a cavity called "energy containment" which can be completely closed in the event of the sun disappearing.

What makes what is stored rest stored, with some negligible losses.

Calculations that I will publish later show that the thermal trapping efficiency, reflection of the collecting mirror understood, approaches 90% at 1000 ° C.

Just the reflectivity of the sensors currently placed in the focus makes this efficiency below 80%, and still well below by unconfined thermal radiation.

Here, a little photo and a nice video showing the hyper-reflectivity of current sensors in the home ...
http://www.stirlingenergy.com/video/Dis ... %20Web.wmv
(look at the foyer ... brilliant like everything!)

And that's what we see ... the radiated infrared is even more powerful as energy losses ...
0 x
rescwood
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rescwood » 03/03/08, 18:48

however, you underestimate the methane biomass: one cow = 15 m3 of gas per day. ...
... CH4 is 3000 times worse than CO2 in terms of greenhouse gases!

Apparently, we do not have the same figures: one cow = 40l of methane per day per liter of milk produced (20 liters of milk produced would give 800 l per day, I would say that an average of 1m3 per day per head would be already an overestimate).
One molecule of CH4 = 30 times a molecule of CO2 in terms of greenhouse effect.

No time now, but I will come back later to develop my point of view on this:

Biomass is not, and never will be, a resource for producing energy that can be exploited in a context of sustainable development at the rate at which we currently consume energy.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/03/08, 18:55

Uh 15m3 of gas per day and per cow ... don't mess around ...
It doesn’t, but not that much ...

How much is an average man? 1L? Do not count women who hold back too much ... : Mrgreen:

Rescwood, not at all agree with you regarding the biomass because, for example, the oilseed algae produced industrially could largely cover our current needs ... Yield from 70 to 150L / ha.year ...
0 x
rescwood
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rescwood » 04/03/08, 13:52

Uh 15m3 of gas per day and per cow ... don't mess around ...
It farts but not to this point ...

Sorry to question one of the foundations of trivial "biomethanistic" humor, but ruminants emit methane through the two orifices of their digestive system and the repression is far superior to the exhaust.

How much is an average man? 1L? Do not count women who hold back too much ...

AMHA, take 3 to 10% of the fermentable fraction of the food bowl, depending on the methanogenic nature of the food ingested, for PCI! For PR (repellency), you must see the composition of proteins suffering from anaerobic degradation produces H2S.
For women, the forced retention of H2S in the distal part of the digestive tract promotes its passage through the blood system, or it disrupts the transport of oxygen by hemoglobin thus affecting the functioning of the CNS (central nervous system). . This might explain that...

Rescwood, not at all agree with you regarding the biomass because, for example, the oilseed algae produced industrially could largely cover our current needs ... Yield from 70 to 150L / ha.year ...

Where do you get these numbers from? It would be truly miraculous, the solution to storing solar energy in an easily transportable and usable energy carrier.

Unless I'm wrong:

70 to 150 L per Ha and per year, at a minimum, minimum 000X the best yields obtained in intensive land cultivation !!! (Sunflower = approx. 50 ton oil / Ha)

The PCI of the HVB is 9032 Kcal / Kg, or 37800 KJ / Kg (1cal = 4,185J) or 10,5 KWh / Kg (1Wh = 3600J), at 110 l per ha and per year that would make us (density 000): ((0,9 * 110) * 000) / 0,9 * 10,5 = the equivalent of 365 KW of “installed” power per Ha, 24 W / m118.

If we consider that it is the solar radiation which brings the energy necessary for the production of the oil, 23,6 W / m2 (the sun shines on average only 12H per day) ... Better than the PV of the market (10 to 15Wp / m2). In a strongly sunny region 230W / m2 (2000 KWh / year), this would give a conversion yield of around 10%, not to mention that the plant breathes and synthesizes other substances for its growth which could also be valued.
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Hydrogenation

by tigrou_838 » 04/03/08, 14:04

hi remundo, but no, you are not the only representative from arvernois, even if i am no longer in the region, i would still be auvergnat, and there are jean63 too.

long live vercingetorix snag on his beautiful horse from the place de jaude brand new with his beautiful tram that I could see at Christmas.

hic hic, too much chataugay wine at noon hic

: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/03/08, 15:00

Ah Ah ... Hi Tigger

I always say that the weakness of Auvergne's demography is only matched by the talent and quality of its surviving representatives : Cheesy:

Winnie salutes you! :D
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 04/03/08, 17:00

Christophe wrote:
How much is an average man? 1L? Do not count women who hold back too much ... : Mrgreen:

that explains everything: you shouldn't hold back fart because otherwise flatulence goes up along the spine to the brain: that's how shit ideas are born ... : Mrgreen:
0 x