Hydroelectricity

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Hydro-electricity

by dede2002 » 28/03/19, 07:31

sicetaitsimple wrote:... except to accept that the 50Hz is "between 45 and 55Hz" (values ​​just to illustrate), and again that depends on the type of load.

Again, it does not matter.

Here, I think it's in this order of magnitude. :)
0 x
Cyril333
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Cyril333 » 30/03/19, 20:43

Offline for a few days ...

I repeat:
if I have a watercourse of which I deviate 10 l / s in a tank, that this tank discharges up to 30 l / s, my turbine placed 10 m lower can get me around 2 kW for a short time but enough to start a fridge and spin some stuff; if 90% of the time the demand is low (TV, bulbs), the tank has time to fill. With the help of a battery and low consumption, it seems playable to me, right?
Hence the interest of the solenoid valve which adapts the flow to the electricity demand and therefore to the rotation of the turbine.

And how about an inverter generator where we replace the engine by the turbine ?? (this is in any case a system that varies the engine speed according to the need for electricity)
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 30/03/19, 22:44

Cyril333 wrote: With the help of a battery and low consumption, it seems playable to me, right?

And above all from a very big "tank", as you call it! Take a look at this point, it might get complicated ...
0 x
Cyril333
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Cyril333 » 31/03/19, 12:19

sicetaitsimple wrote: And above all from a very big "tank", as you call it! Take a look at this point, it might get complicated ...

I "looked" at this point, but I do not have your science, I am not "expert econologist", and I admit that I was hoping for more constructive remarks on this forum...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 31/03/19, 13:41

Cyril333 wrote: and I admit that I was hoping for more constructive remarks on this forum...

Let's say rather that you were hoping for remarks more in agreement with your imagination ...

I can do:

- go ahead, it's super fastoche
- no problem to make the 50 +/- 0,2Hz on a power range 0,1 / 2kW, which will allow you to feed you without or with very few batteries.
- no problem to build a "tank" of around one hundred m3 (at least) on a stream, it's easy and you don't have to ask anyone for permissions.

Do you prefer like that?
0 x
Cyril333
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Cyril333 » 31/03/19, 14:24

Your condescension bores me (but with a pseudo I should have expected)
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: hydro-electricity

by sicetaitsimple » 31/03/19, 15:30

Your post from 24 / 03 to 22h30

Cyril333 wrote:The tank acting as a buffer, if for example my turbine generates 1000 W at the maximum flow rate but at this rate the tank is empty in 2 hours while the river fills it only in 5 or 10 hours, it would be interesting to have a valve that automatically limit the flow when the electricity requirement is only 100 or 200 W, it would preserve the volume of water available in the tank ... it would avoid storage in battery and the dewatering of the watercourse.

Your post from 30 / 03 to 20h43:

"if I have a stream from which I divert 10 l / s into a tank, that this tank delivers up to 30 l / s, my turbine placed 10 m lower can get me out around 2 kW for a short time. time but enough to start a fridge and run some odds and ends; if demand is low 90% of the time (TV, light bulbs), the tank has time to fill. With the help of a battery and low consumption, Seems playable to me, right?
Hence the interest of the solenoid valve which adapts the flow to the demand for electricity and therefore to the rotation of the turbine. "

What has been written by others in between and which would not necessarily go in the direction of your dream is totally ignored ... and qualified as "unconstructive".

Well, fuck up, at least that's not "condescending"!
1 x
Cyril333
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Cyril333 » 31/03/19, 19:06

Yes, "get out of the way", that would suit you much better as a nickname !!

sicetaitsimple wrote:What has been written by others in between and which would not necessarily go in the direction of your dream is totally ignored ... and qualified as "unconstructive".
I would point out that when I said hope for more constructive remarks, I quoted your last message, so it was only to this one that I was referring. Besides, I had interesting news, especially from bardal, and also from you, and I thank you all the 2. If my 30 / 03 estimates are wrong, it is not because I disregard your remarks but because I did not understand them. If I can not recover around 500 W continuously and 2 kW during 2 or 3 minutes with a tank of 10 m3 (filled to 10 l / s and emptied to 30 with 10 m of elevation gain), it seems to me that would be more constructive to explain to me why rather than your disdainful response from 22: 44 (which in addition completely ignores the issue of the solenoid valve and the inverter generator).
But stay there if you want, I have better things to do, and you too I hope.
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 31/03/19, 19:34

Power regulation by water flow, on a very small installation, is neither the simplest nor the cheapest to implement; a turbine operates correctly with a certain flow rate under a certain pressure, with a fairly limited margin of maneuver; Moreover, a reservoir is expensive (if you have the authorization to build it), just as much as a pipe and a valve capable of "passing" a flow rate 4 times greater than the usual flow rate ... This leads to a waste of resources and 'money, for undoubtedly dubious results.

If you want to have a higher power for short periods, it is much simpler, more efficient and less expensive to store a little energy in a battery (which will be essential anyway as a buffer stabilizer voltage), which she , will be able to respond instantly to the demand (which will not do your motorized valve) if it is correctly sized.

Wait until you've found what you're looking for (a stream of 100L / s with an elevation of 10 m does not run the streets), make an estimate of your electricity needs, and come back to this forum... we can surely help you a little. Attention anyway, this kind of installation does not tinker with odds and ends and must respect certain rules.
2 x
Cyril333
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Cyril333 » 01/04/19, 20:17

thank you bardal,
OK, the regulation of the power by the flow is an attractive but crappy idea ... and the presence of a water course on the ground should not be decisive in my future purchase!
As a reminder, answer this question and better understand the principles of hydropower was the purpose of this post (and I never thought that this type of realization is easy and inevitably profitable).
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."