Future of energies

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Polo
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Future of energies

by Polo » 31/01/07, 13:12

Hello everybody
Being in engineering school I have to make a nanothesis whose subject (finally the part of the subject that I have to deal with) is the future of current renewable energies. I find it difficult to find genre information on wind turbines that would pump water at night to have energy during the day. Do you think that hydrogen can serve the same cause (= store wind energy produced for nothing)? Thank you for giving me links (sites, books, people) because I really can't find any!
Thank you very much!
0 x
"I fear nothing, I hope for nothing, I am free" Nikos kazansakis
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 01/02/07, 00:15

Have you seen the link put by antoinet111 on wind turbines coupled to recirculating accumulators?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 01/02/07, 00:30

thin, serious, I don't even remember my own links.

Bucheron you can remind me of what it is. thank you.
0 x
I vote for the writing of concrete post and practicality.
Down the talkers and ceiling fans!
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 01/02/07, 00:54

Put the electricity in barrels

EDIT: Shit : Shock: I planted myself, it's not you it's freddau ... : Oops: sorry
Last edited by Woodcutter the 01 / 02 / 07, 00: 56, 1 edited once.
0 x
antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 01/02/07, 00:54

thanks.
0 x

antoinet111
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by antoinet111 » 01/02/07, 00:56

understand me better, am not completely crazy then, chouete I v make good dreams tonight. lol
0 x

Polo
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Polo » 02/02/07, 19:07

Ok thank you, I'm going to see it all. It's good there is a lot of info but you also have to understand forum on the internet is by no means a viable source for a nanothesis. But I don't have to say it comes from a forum :) and then there is a lot of lein too. Finally, there it is...
0 x
"I fear nothing, I hope for nothing, I am free" Nikos kazansakis
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/02/07, 01:58

Polo wrote:Ok thank you, I'm going to see it all. It's good there is a lot of info but you also have to understand forum on the internet is by no means a viable source for a nanothesis. But I don't have to say it comes from a forum :) and then there is a lot of lein too. Finally, there it is...
There are CEA documents which explain the process of electrolytic storage.
It's called "CLEFS CEA - N ° 50/51 - WINTER 2004-2005" and it talks about the storage of intermittent energies ...
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 04/02/07, 15:35

Hi Polo!

There are a lot of possible renewable energy solutions, but many of the possibilities are ineffective. You are in engineering school, so I invite you to take an interest in the problems of losses and yields of the various systems possible. Regarding the storage of electrical energy, it is always a challenge that has not found a viable solution (the storage of water at height has a ridiculous yield because everything is lost in the pressure drops and in the pumping yields, electro-chemical batteries are expensive, complicated and very polluting).

By posing the technical / economic constraints of each system, and by informing you about the deposits (wind, sea currents, swell, sun, watercourse ...) you should be able to judge for yourself the potential of this or that equipment. With a few ladle formulas, it's not difficult. And an approach costed by your hands, intersected by examples of real implementation would be in my opinion the best approach for a serious report.

The storage of wind power is not done because it is not profitable or technically valid. This is also why you find nothing: nobody is burdened with that. So in your place I would take my part in assuming that if you do not find anything, it is because it is not interesting and that it is not done (or so it is really state of the art).

In fact, wind power is managed through the network (RTE in France) which constantly balances electricity supply and demand. When there are gaps to be filled, backup power stations (gas or oil) are used to support the network. Conversely, when the consumption drops, the production on conventional thermal / nuclear power plants is reduced. In emergency cases, you can also cut out a production tool (wind farm for example) or consumer stations. It is very important to avoid network collapses and provide at least the vital points (hospitals, aid ...). This is what happened during the big power outage in December, caused by a big management pellet made on the German network.

It is this mode of operation which makes it difficult to exceed 20-30% of wind power in electricity because such an uncertain share of production (depending on the weather) becomes difficult to "smooth" and to manage without seriously threatening network security. So the idea is to diversify sources of renewable electricity in order to be able to "fill them" (technical jargon). To form consists in arranging so that the peaks and troughs of production, but also of consumption, are inserted one with the others so as to have a very regular set, even if the producer / consumer elements are not indicidullly regular. . To put it simply, you have to produce with solar power when wind power is in the harbor, and vice versa.

Voila, without really answering your question, I hope I have given you directions to move forward. Here is all the same the link of a company in my opinion essential for the future, but do not hesitate to go and see the many competing projects of HOULOMOTRICE energy.

the link : www.oceanpd.com

Good luck

Rulian
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/02/07, 23:33

Rulian wrote:[...] The storage of wind electricity is not done because it is not profitable or technically valid. This is also why you find nothing: nobody is burdened with that. So in your place I would take my part in assuming that if you do not find anything, it is because it is not interesting and that it is not done (or so it is really state of the art). [...]
: Shock:
You did not have to go to see the link which I quoted above, nor the documents of the CEA of which I speak ... Or then you limit yourself to a specific French-French ...
0 x