wind control without battery

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
fredkymco
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

wind control without battery

by fredkymco » 09/03/11, 16:17

hello everyone, here is my problem, I installed a 1 kw wind turbine
under 48 volts the regulation was provided to me; but operating on battery (wind turbine charges the batteries and the inverter pumps in the batteries) but when I remove the batteries my efficiency decreases and almost nil;
so I would have liked to replace this regulation, can you help me
thank you in advance
fred
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 09/03/11, 17:27

Hello,

First of all: what is the use of the electricity produced by the wind turbine?

Batteries are a means of storage to adapt consumption to production.

If you do not have batteries, you must therefore consume your electricity as and when production.
For example:
- pump water
- heat a building

The type of regulation to use (or even no regulation at all) then depends on the type of load that you connect (pump motor, heating resistor,)

If you have to go through an inverter, it may be difficult to do without batteries completely ...
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 09/03/11, 18:08

I join the comment of Gaston, a wind turbine is very unstable in terms of its production, it can produce only 50 watts and on a gust of wind produce the maximum of its capacity, the batteries allow to store the surplus and to return it when necessary , you will not find a regulator which will allow you to do without the batteries!

The inverter has protection on the voltage supplied to it, which will prevent it from operating most of the time!

What is the capacity of the inverter and what do you want to power?
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
fredkymco
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fredkymco » 09/03/11, 19:13

thank you for your response, for the moment, I use the regulation provided with the wind turbine, I remove the batteries and place a 48 volt power supply to keep the inverter running, but the inverter does not absorb the charges fairly quickly and the regulation switches to the load resistance so I never get to full charge
max 12 A at 48 volts
I use an SMA 1100 Lv inverter and feed back into the network
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 09/03/11, 21:24

Simply unsuitable inverter.
You have to take a special wind network injection inverter and transfer the regulation of the wind turbine (this is the job of the inverter)
0 x
fredkymco
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fredkymco » 09/03/11, 22:20

The inverter is designed and designed for small wind turbines
(ref windboy de sma), and is not provided with brake or regulator, a regulation is possible but after estimate with installer
verdic: custom cabinet 1000 euros
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 09/03/11, 22:30

Forhorse wrote:Simply unsuitable inverter.
You have to take a special wind network injection inverter and transfer the regulation of the wind turbine (this is the job of the inverter)

You're right Forhorse!

But you have to type it on the network for it to work well otherwise it cannot work!

fredkymco

You still haven't answered us about what you're going to feed!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain
fredkymco
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fredkymco » 09/03/11, 22:40

currently, I have a production of 250 -> 300 watts as soon as the amperage rises above 12 A as regulation switches to the load resistance, I think put the batteries back to absorb it is loss.
certain site offers regulations and inverter for injection into the network without battery but in 24 volts, I do not find this kind of regulation in 48 volts
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 10/03/11, 08:10

If it is a special inverter it does not need regulation. Remove that from the wind turbine and connect the generator directly to the inverter.

EDIT: otherwise the "regulator" exists completely at SMA
http://www.sma.de/en/products/wind-ener ... n-box.html
0 x
atelier52
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by atelier52 » 11/03/11, 16:01

Hello,

your inverter is suitable for your wind turbine, on the other hand it will have to be configured relative to the power of your wind turbine (it is imperative). it is necessary to have a special cord and a computer with the software that is fine. For the setting, the inverter must be on, so the wind turbine must turn. that was just for the inverter.

inverter connection
wind turbine> diode bridge> inverter

on the other hand it will be necessary to protect the wind turbine and the inverter by a load resistance system.
these resistances must occur under at least 2 conditions:

1> in the event of an inverter cut-off (EDF cut-off, various lockouts). I explain, your generator is very inductive by these windings, during a sudden cut it will try to have everything connected, it will therefore make an impressive peak of tension (at pif more than 100v). to avoid this at the time of the cut it is necessary to unload the circuit in the load resistance to cancel this phenomenon (the system must intervene in a few microseconds)

2> in case of over speed of the wind turbine for 2 thing. 1 avoid the runaway of the wind turbine rotor and find the blades in the roof of your neighbor 2 prevent the voltage from exceeding too much 48V.
one more thing, these load resistors must be able to act as a brake to stop the wind turbine. be careful all the same in high winds if the wind turbine produces its 1000w on the inverter and the load resistors are put into service too often to limit the speed of the rotor, there is a risk of significant overheating of the generator which will eventually destroy the windings. (provide for a stop of the safety machine or check that in these conditions are side erasing works well if it has one)

Be careful when you touch the wind turbine, you quickly leave your shirt and your family there.
good courage to carry out your project, the road is traversed with difficulty.
0 x