Wind Turbines

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Lord Francis
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lord Francis » 30/03/13, 17:19

Hello everybody
As promised, I come back to this post to let you know that I have just posted a more detailed description of the construction of a small "Soupl'Eole" built with a dynamo bicycle hub:
http://soupl.eole2.monsite-orange.fr/
This site, more detailed and illustrated with many photos, has been requested by DIY enthusiasts who wanted to start manufacturing and by students who want to experiment it overseas.
Of course it is not very powerful but it can be suitable for garden lighting or, by being supplemented by a small regulator and a buffer battery, to light a shed or a small sailboat while allowing the recharging of a smartphone, a GPS or a tablet.
0 x
highfly-addict
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by highfly-addict » 30/03/13, 18:00

Well done Mister Ternel! For work and for sharing! : Idea:
0 x
"God laughs at those who deplore the effects of which they cherish the causes" BOSSUET
"We see what we believes"Dennis MEADOWS
bidouille23
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by bidouille23 » 31/03/13, 00:49

Good evening, good morning ,

Bravo bravo, for all the taf as much material as IT.

And in addition it is pretty ... thank you for sharing.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/09/13, 15:25

http://www.lemonde.fr/planete/article/2 ... _3244.html

The first sailing wind turbine inaugurated in France

Sails which hollow and stretch with the winds. It is not a boat, but the first prototype of a sailing wind turbine, inaugurated on Saturday June 15 in Grande-Synthe, near Dunkirk (North), very close to the North Sea coast. Installed in the garden of the city's Stadium, this wind turbine will allow it to become the “first positive energy stadium in France”, according to the mayor.
The principle is simple: a vertical axis of 20 meters, on which are hung twelve delta-shaped sails, with variable geometry, which offer a total wind catchment area of ​​200 m2.

"Like a sailor on his boat", the operator adapts the surface of the sail and gives the necessary angle to better take the wind, tells AFP Charles Sarrazin, engineer-mechanic by training, now president of the office of studies VoiléO, which has been developing the concept for five years in partnership with the Ecole des mines de Douai, the National School of Arts and Textile Industries of Roubaix and the University of Lille-I.

(...)
0 x
Lord Francis
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lord Francis » 28/09/14, 11:39

Hello,
As promised, I am coming back to this post to tell you about new developments in my research on "a modern sailing wind turbine".
I went back to DIY and perfecting my "Soupl'Eole".
This time I made an inflatable version whose characteristics and performances seem particularly interesting to me.
See this new site that I just put online:
http://soupl.eole3.monsite-orange.fr/
I await your reactions and constructive criticism.
0 x