Wind turbine funnels

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Christophe

Wind turbine funnels

by Christophe » 06/01/06, 13:34

Vertical axis wind turbine of a new type.

http://eoliennenouvelle.site.voila.fr

What do you think ? Prori is missing a lot of information ...
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 06/01/06, 13:59

It's funny I'm not too convinced by the principle.

I do not see how a small hole at the bottom of the funnels can prevent the suppression of the air that rushes into the funnel, and therefore exerts pressure. The air coming out is actually accelerated, but on a much smaller diameter.

It's quite simple to test, just make a paper cone, pierce the bottom, and present it in front of a breath of air (dry hair for example) to see how it behaves.
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 06/01/06, 14:10

T is sure it works?
I'll have to try .. but I have a doubt.
the air pressure al enters the cone + the depression of the other
side seems to me (it is intuitive) superior to the shoot
air coming out of the cone.D as much as the airflow coming out of the cone
it increases the depression at the back of the cone (the venturi thing I think). I do not think it's okay.

If it really works, it's a shame that no one has
think before because the history of the sailing bar n will have
not be the same. And we would still have boats to
tuyeres.
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 06/01/06, 14:21

I am exactly the same opinion that you, by intuition, it can not walk.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 06/01/06, 14:40

Hello,
If this principle of compression with an entry in the form of a funnel was also effective the turbine inlet on the aircraft would all have this shape, in practice it is quite the opposite, even for piston engines, there is just have to look at the air intakes on the planes it is an advanced form in the bonnet with a small hole no bigger than that of the carburetor to widen to the dimension of the air filter inside the bonnet . this assembly is more efficient than putting the entire surface of the air filter outside the hood. (Obviously we can not do a total comparison there are also aerodynamic reasons)
the study of turbine inputs on supersonic aircraft is a rather complex problem.

Andre
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 06/01/06, 14:48

I just made a paper funnel (my partner must take me for a crazy, although I did not put on my head!), I tested, and it does not work at all!
The funnel recoils when you blow it or put it in front of a fan. The pressure exerted in front and the depression found behind the fact that the funnel back. The bottom hole allows less air hold, but does not help to advance!
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 06/01/06, 15:06

I am also skeptical about the process, but in any case there is a big problem in the experiment.

Any form of object in the wind recedes this is not the question, the thing is that there is another opposite cone and what matters is the difference between the two .

Quit to spend a little more for a crazy : Lol: you have to make a second conne you put the two on any axis (more easy to say than to do) and you put the set in front of the fan (a cosne and a place upside down).

At worst with only one cosne, try to see if the cosne to the area to move faster in one direction than in the other.
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 06/01/06, 15:14

With several cones like the animation of the site, it can only turn in the opposite direction to that of the video.

If for example I take a normal anemometer, with cone-shaped fins or half sphere, it will turn in the usual direction. If I pierce a tiny hole in the bottom of each bucket, it will always turn in the same direction. If I enlarge the hole, the bucket will have less hold in the air, will rotate less quickly, but necessarily always in the same direction. And the bigger the hole, the less the thing will turn, but I do not see why at one point it will start to turn the other way.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/06, 15:22

Of course only if it will work even if it surprises at first.

You do not know the experience of blowing in a convent centered in front of a candle? Well the flame is attracted to your breath ... here it is a little the same effect that is used but obviously upside down.

Now the question I ask myself is mainly about performance compared to conventional wind turbines ... if the cost can be lower than what is the performance?
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 06/01/06, 15:36

And not for the candle is different because your breath is concentrated on the narrow part. So the amount of air you enter in the narrow part and the same as the one coming out the wide part, so it's a depression and it attracts the flame.

Just look at the 2eme animation, or there is the demo of a single bucket that moves forward in the wind. If what he shows works, it is because he invented the negative resistance, he pushes a certain force on one side, but the reaction of the other is stronger, it is not possible.
0 x