Wind turbine funnels

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 06/01/06, 16:05

You're right Nlc, the second animation is either false or there is something revolutionary.

But in my opinion he never tried the funnel alone, and therefore imagine according to what is happening on the axis (assuming that it turns in the opposite direction to intuition, but that, that does not seems not impossible).
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/06, 16:10

Profmeca just told me that it has seen some on the market.

Apparently zon a very high yield but are very expensive also ...

I remain skeptical but I invited the inventor of the page in question to come to the forum... We will see his arguments well ...
0 x
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 06/01/06, 16:12

: Shock:

I have to see that.
I have a small DIY in sight for the children, it will keep them
occupies for qq minutes. that’s always winning. :P
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 06/01/06, 19:53

It can't work because the principle he seeks to exploit is flawed.

IT CAN ONLY TURN IN THE OTHER SENSE:

I pass on the pressure differences on the faces of the cones which tend without possible discussion to turn the bazaar in the other direction.

The guy claims to use the reaction principle by accelerating the air at the tip of the cone. However, if he had been a little more in physics, he would know that the reaction is not based on the speed of the fluid, but more precisely on the amount of mass ejected during a period of time.

Now the mass of air ejected from the small hole in the cone during a given time is obviously exactly the same as the mass of air which enters the cone through the large hole during the same time (and therefore the opposite reaction force). So nothing happens because the reaction forces cancel each other out.

The pressure differences ensure the rest so that it turns the other way. In this case we have a stupid anemometer.

No need to have studied mechanical engineering to see that it is absolutely impossible. Terminal Level S.

Brakes La Rochefort Chris : Wink: : Lol:

I suggest closing the subject given the sterility of the gadget.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/01/06, 20:48

Rulian wrote:Brakes La Rochefort Chris : Wink: : Lol:

Well I had the same opinion as you and most of you saw when seeing the thing at the beginning but like Olivier (Zx) is sure to have seen it on sale and that he pretends that apparently the yield is better than conventional wind turbines, well I started to doubt .... Then I remembered the candle / funnel experience of my youth and I doubted even more ... now there is too little info on the site to judge and my aerodynamics skills are quite limited anyway to give me a clear opinion ...

So for the moment it remains to be resolved ... hoping that the inventor will pass through here ...
0 x
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by nlc » 06/01/06, 20:52

Isn't there simply confusion with vertical axis wind turbines, which works on the anemometer principle?
Because yes, these exist and I believe have a better return. And their shape allows them to be placed on the roofs of buildings, for example.
0 x
krissg29
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by krissg29 » 06/01/06, 22:19

If you want to have fun (take the lead?), See the principle of Darrieus wind turbines.

From what I understand, the air speed on a wing-shaped profile is enough to accelerate it (the wing). This is the difference between lift and drag, I think?
According to this principle, 2 or 3 wings mounted apart on a vertical axis and placed in the wind start to rotate.

And there, it is much less obvious than the anemometer!
0 x
It should not be confused and ingenious engineer
aidiv
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by aidiv » 06/01/06, 22:42

does it work, i think the question doesn't even arise!
already for starters I would say that we end up with a bucket wind turbine with a drop in yield mainly due to the fact that the buckets are fuyart.
for my part I would say that if we place a funnel at the end of a pipe in which air passes, the air will accelerate out of the small hole, to say that it is the same without the pipe??? in my opinion the air passes through the funnel at the same speed, then because of the reduction in diameter the air is braked and thus only enters the funnel the amount of air that can escape from it.

In much simpler I would say that 4 funnels, a wheel, there should already be photos on the site.
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 06/01/06, 22:51

I think indeed that Olivier saw wind turbines which must have had an anemometer face. So the same, but which turns in the opposite direction. The "normal" meaning in fact.

For krissg28, the wind turbine of which you speak rests I think on a thing halfway between the rotor of helicopter and the sail of boat. In both cases, the movement of air around the profile creates an overpressure below (the profile) and above all a depression above (the profile always). All this creates lift, force perpendicular to the plane of the wing / blade ... This phenomenon is used by sailboats, depending on the wind axis and the direction followed.

Do not confuse the drag which is due to the resistance to air flow on the profile / wing / blade ... A strong lift generally accompanies a strong drag, and vice versa. Drag is what keeps an airplane from advancing (or the engines ...) while lift is what pulls it up. But I will not go into the theory of theft.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/01/06, 18:31

Mail received from "the inventor"

Hello,

You need a ratchet wheel so that it does not turn like buckets, and serve as a primer by letting the pressure increase in the funnel.

That said, it is not necessarily interesting as a return.

It doesn't matter, it didn't cost me anything.

(tatata… off we go for a ride!)

greetings
0 x