Chinese wind turbine 5kW Joliet = boring!

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Dixil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Dixil » 08/12/08, 21:56

Good evening eol,

Thanks to you. I went to your blog (nice) and I actually have the same wind turbine but in 5 KW. The set-up procedure was identical.
Since I made 2 LR more threats of justice it seems that things are moving a little at Joliet, but do not cry victory ...
As you say very good to sell but to be helped out in case of ads, it's something else ...
According to Joliet the manufacturer would have abandoned the type of charge controller that I had with a more secure model. I am waiting to see and I will take pictures if I ever receive it.
FYI, I hope you have to check the fixation of the direction controller in the generator because mine was held by 4 bolts without nut or washer. A little advice from a friend, if you ever hear a metallic noise like small shocks, stop rotating it and check the tightness of the gear motor.
Thank you for your help with the spare parts, I will wait a few days for the responsiveness of Joliet who should normally pass it on to me under warranty. Otherwise, the part that has given way is the axis (in the form of an Archimedes screw) fixed or crimped in the gear motor of the direction controller. To see if you can get the price and availability of this room.
0 x
owner of a joliet cyclone 5KW wind turbine.
eol77
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by eol77 » 09/12/08, 10:51

Hello

I just went to the foot of my wind turbine, I actually noticed an oscillation of a few degrees in the positioning, I have a lot of noise in the mast, I think it's the cable that taps against the mast inside.

in terms of oscillation, did it start like that with you?

I put it shut down in case or waiting for your response.
I v write to my Chinese to know if it is normal that I have some oscillations in terms of positioning and if I can t have a price for your engine.

a+
0 x
FD8-10000 in the garden
Dixil
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Dixil » 09/12/08, 14:38

Hello,

What you describe to me seems close to what happened to me. I also believed that this strange noise could be the cable banging against the mast, but in fact it was the axis of the direction controller which tapped against the generator. The fact that the reduction motor was unscrewing little by little, a game was being created between the axis and the generator and after the axis comes out of its housing and it breaks.
Regarding the oscillation, I also have it but I have not yet been able to determine where it could come from. According to Joliet a slight oscillation would be normal but it remains to be checked with the manufacturer.
However, during assembly, I did check the centers of the blades but not their weight. It may be that a blade is not the same weight hence the creation of balances and oscillation. I have not yet taken them apart to check, I have snow ...
I'll be you I will still see what is going on behind the hood of the generator, just to be reassured.
Courage
A +
0 x
owner of a joliet cyclone 5KW wind turbine.
eol77
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by eol77 » 09/12/08, 15:05

Hello

I sent an email to China this morning about your bp, I also told him that I had oscillations, I v see what he told me.

I also asked him if he could send me a quote for your engine.

I await these answers.
I don't have too much wind right now so I let it spin

a+
0 x
FD8-10000 in the garden
proof
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

shenzou

by proof » 12/12/08, 00:22

I will give you the directors' mobile number, if that interests you !!
This could perhaps be unlocking your problem!
They are studying a new "Canadian" system this time.

a+
0 x
eol77
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by eol77 » 16/12/08, 14:27

hi, i just got the response from my chinese salesperson regarding your pisitioning engine as well as mine.

For you, today no one from the company joliet does not contact them to have an engine.
to get one, he needs the exact model with serial number and part number (they are on the generator), the cost is 195 USD + 200 usd for transport to the harbor.
you have to add the vat in + therefore accounts around 500 USD ttc to have a new one.

for mine, there has never been a case of loosening the motor fixing screws on the 10 KW so I have no worries, the oscillation that I noticed is normal, due to the play between the worm and the crown .
if everything i had any worries with, he will send me one as soon as possible and completely free !!!!!!!!!!!!

as what is better to treat directly with the manufacturer as I did rather than going through glassy installers.

I await an answer from you.

a+
0 x
FD8-10000 in the garden
Jean BERNARD
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jean BERNARD » 17/12/08, 11:49

I have a Chinese Shenzou 2kw 120V three-phase wind turbine installed on a 12-meter mast. Since its installation in March, I have had several problems: balance of the blades, wire cut in the generator and especially a production deficit.
The importer replied that it was due to the lack of wind. Perhaps but it is normal to have had only 140kwh since March. The intallator installed me in test another rectifier which put me the installation in 24v and especially which allows to know the production. For my part, I installed a nearby weather station 8 meters high. In 20 days, there was 11kw. According to my calculations, at this rate, compared to the cost (9000 euros) it will take me 420 years to amortize the installation.
So I wonder about what the suppliers suggest in their brochures, going so far as to talk about savings and even about semi-autonomy. Unfortunately, the reality is quite different
Is there somewhere false advertising?
It would be interesting to have contacts with other owners of this type of wind turbine to make comparisons.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/12/08, 12:30

Direct false advertising I don't know but by omission and lack of professionalism yes it looks like it.

Indeed; importers (such as joliet) simply copy and paste the docs supplied to them by Chinese manufacturers.

Obviously they have never tested one of their wind turbines to verify the curves and probably they have never even mounted one !!

I think we must denounce HIGH and STRONG these unscrupulous importer scams! And there will be more and more, to taste the eco-no-logy there is no better so these guys are the number 1 enemies of econology (largely before the naughty tankers) ...

In other words: Bernard jte advises to create a new subject explaining your misadventures!
0 x
Jean BERNARD
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Jean BERNARD » 17/12/08, 16:55

Thank you CHristophe for your message. I don't really know what to do anymore. Investing again in a rectifier that will give me production? Given the result of these 20 days, it is not too reasonable. Mount my wind turbine at 15 or 18 meters to capture more wind? The importer does not seem concerned although I had sometimes difficult contacts with him but for him everything is a question of wind. That's why I bought a weather station to get objective data. However, I still remain questionable about the information that suppliers: France-éolienne - Odislor - Eolution - Joliet give in their brochures. Talking about savings and semi-autonomy is dishonesty.
What to denounce these processes, still it is necessary to be able to compare information between several owners of the same wind turbine to be ^ sure that I am not the only one ...
Also, can someone tell me how to get a meter that measures the output of a wind turbine that comes out of the 120v three-phase AC. Because there too, it is impossible to have technical brochures of this kind of material.
I therefore expect contacts to make comparisons to be more credible to denounce, as you say, this lack of professionalism or professional conscience. We have too much to do with salespeople who may not know the material they are putting on the market.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/12/08, 17:33

Just a question: did you do a wind analysis before buying?
Did you measure the real wind during the production period?

We do not realize but 30 or 40km / h of wind it is an IMPORTANT wind ... for most people ...
0 x