Wind: building a vertical axis wind turbine from A to Z

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 30/09/12, 21:51

RV-P wrote:- So, I "a little" tend to "throw it all overboard" and experience through practice! This is exactly what I did with my model! And I'm doing much better by avoiding "headaches" (and over-consumption of drugs on top of that)!
!

Amusing,
to read wikipedia, RV-P had to take a lot of drugs, to cure these "headaches" !! to stick roughness on its wind turbine !!
Strange, that think with your brain overuse of drugs !!!

This is not my case, at home, it rests to me not to make mistakes with absurd, very stressful, tiring tests, without understanding anything, repeatedly, like shadoks.

Going into the fog stresses me out, and gives failures and failures, because we don't have hundreds of millions of years and billions of billions of dragonflies (or wind turbines) for, like life and living beings, in their evolution, experimenting with all the possibilities and variants (associated with genetic mutations) by eliminating all the failures by the death of these failures, to achieve, leaving only the surviving ones, these dragonflies (or wind turbines), which would be different if the air was more viscous, because they would look like sperm with a spiraling flagellum to move forward !!
You don't see dragonflies the size of helicopters.

Dragonflies, or sharks, she and they live the Reynolds numbers their bodies, moving their wings very quickly with much more complex movements than for a helicopter, developed over 100 million years ago, with billions billions of them missed and dead.

If you swim in water or a muddy marmalade swamp, you are also experiencing the Reynolds number in your body, drowning in this quicksand swamp.

The refusal to think and understand, by trying randomly, in some, leaves me very very perplexed.
0 x
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 01/10/12, 07:01

dedeleco wrote:Dragonflies, or sharks, she and they live the Reynolds numbers their bodies, moving their wings very quickly with much more complex movements than for a helicopter, developed over 100 million years ago, with billions billions of them missed and dead.

- Aaahhh! You are still one of those who believe in the "chance" of evolution like Darwin !? ... However, this model has found its shortcomings: we are still looking for "missing elements" in the looonnnngue chain of evolution! Also consider the coelacanth and the nautilus: they have been found in very old rocks and also living in our seas! The February 2007 eruption of Piton de la Fournaise, at home, brought to light completely unknown species!
- We seem to know perfectly well what seems to have happened millions of years ago and we are not interested in what happened only 6000 years ago? And about 4300 years ago: the Flood? How can we "zap" very well documented historical passages and put human thoughts there instead?
- So, you who believe in evolution: leave a bunch of electronic parts in a corner and wait ... Maybe there will appear a working television there!? ... : Mrgreen:
0 x
It's easier to just make things complicated than complicate simple things!
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 01/10/12, 10:29

hello-p
Wow! you put your finger in a funny gear à la dedeleco, you are going to read his verse "religious-negationist", etc ... : Cheesy:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/10/12, 11:13

With your mentality, religious belief, fanatic, instinctive in man following his evolution and his awareness over millions of years, without the few who have come out of it, we would still be without any of the current progress, that you use, even if you deny their usefulness, by constantly contradicting yourself.

3500 years ago there was a flood of tsunami in the Middle East, very real, with Santorini, without counting many others, like the tsunami of 1908 in Messines, earthquake which reproduces about every 100 years, with lots of dead, and which will breed in Sicily, Malta and Calabria, !!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/10/12, 11:16

I don't see your interest in tackling Dedeleco in this way, Janic. If you question the theory of evolution, you have to prove it! Personally not being close enough to do it, I leave it to you to give them to us : Cheesy:

RV-P wrote:
dedeleco wrote:Dragonflies, or sharks, she and they live the Reynolds numbers their bodies, moving their wings very quickly with much more complex movements than for a helicopter, developed over 100 million years ago, with billions billions of them missed and dead.

- Aaahhh! You are still one of those who believe in the "chance" of evolution like Darwin !? ... However, this model has found its shortcomings: we are still looking for "missing elements" in the looonnnngue chain of evolution! Also consider the coelacanth and the nautilus: they have been found in very old rocks and also living in our seas! The February 2007 eruption of Piton de la Fournaise, at home, brought to light completely unknown species!
- We seem to know perfectly well what seems to have happened millions of years ago and we are not interested in what happened only 6000 years ago? And about 4300 years ago: the Flood? How can we "zap" very well documented historical passages and put human thoughts there instead?
- So, you who believe in evolution: leave a bunch of electronic parts in a corner and wait ... Maybe there will appear a working television there!? ... : Mrgreen:

Watch out for paralogisms! I'm not taking a stand, but you have to stay in good faith ...

It is not because there are missing links (or that are not missing, but that we have not yet found ...) that this would invalidate the theory of evolution - often verified, even in the human fetus - since there are indeed many more elements which tend to prove that it is correct, than the reverse.

So if you have "evidence to the contrary" give it it can be interesting : Mrgreen: : Cheesy: (but not in this thread eh, otherwise you will be thrown by the nasty modo, even if you have a big mammal heart ...)
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 01/10/12, 11:37

There is already 115 pages answers with precise scientific facts to negators of the reality of evolution, scientifically observed millions of times, on econology, which, sickened by these religious fanatics, I stopped filling.

One more proof, the birth of the first multicellular living beings 630 million years ago, after a gigantic ecological disaster, with the ice ball earth to the equator, which allowed the appearance of oxygen. that we have been breathing since in high concentration, and all living things on earth, other than single-cell microbes, which have evolved before, for at least 3,8 billion years !!!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 161722.htm

Extreme Climate Change Linked to Early Animal Evolution

ScienceDaily (Sep. 26, 2012) - An international team of scientists, including geochemists from the University of California, Riverside, has uncovered new evidence linking extreme climate change, oxygen rise, and early animal evolution.

A dramatic rise in atmospheric oxygen levels has long been speculated as the trigger for early animal evolution. While the direct cause-and-effect relationships between animal and environmental evolution remain subjects of intense debate, all this research has been hampered by the lack of direct evidence for an oxygen increase coincident with the appearance of the earliest animals - until now.

In the Sept. 27 issue of the journal Nature, the research team, led by scientists at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, offers the first evidence of a direct link between trends in early animal diversity and shifts in Earth system processes.

The fossil record shows a marked increase in animal and algae fossils roughly 635 million years ago. An analysis of organic-rich rocks from South China points to a sudden spike in oceanic oxygen levels at this time - in the wake of severe glaciation. The new evidence pre-dates previous estimates of a life-sustaining oxygenation event by more than 50 million years.

"This work provides the first real evidence for a long speculated change in oxygen levels in the aftermath of the most severe climatic event in Earth's history - one of the so-called 'Snowball Earth' glaciations," said Timothy Lyons, a professor of biogeochemistry at UC Riverside.

The research team analyzed concentrations of trace metals and sulfur isotopes, which are tracers of early oxygen levels, in mudstone collected from the Doushantuo Formation in South China. The team found spikes in concentrations of the trace metals, denoting higher oxygen levels in seawater on a global scale.

"We found levels of molybdenum and vanadium in the Doushantuo Formation mudstones that necessitate that the global ocean was well ventilated. This well-oxygenated ocean was the environmental backdrop for early animal diversification," said Noah Planavsky, a former UCR graduate student in Lyons's lab now at CalTech.

The high element concentrations found in the South China rocks are comparable to modern ocean sediments and point to a substantial oxygen increase in the ocean-atmosphere system around 635 million years ago. According to the researchers, the oxygen rise is likely due to increased organic carbon burial, a result of more nutrient availability following the extreme cold climate of the 'Snowball Earth' glaciation when ice shrouded much of Earth's surface.

Lyons and Planavsky argued in research published earlier in the journal Nature that a nutrient surplus associated with the extensive glaciations may have initiated intense carbon burial and oxygenation. Burial of organic carbon - from photosynthetic organisms - in ocean sediments would result in the release of vast amounts of oxygen into the ocean-atmosphere system.

"We are delighted that the new metal data from the South China shale seem to be confirming these hypothesized events," Lyons said.

Fanatics deny realities, eyes closed constantly.

It makes me think of the director of the Chernobyl plant, who denied that the plant had exploded, with large pieces of graphite from the reactor in his feet !!!
He died like others with him !!!
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 01/10/12, 15:24

I don't see your interest in tackling Dedeleco in this way, Janic. If you question the theory of evolution, you have to prove it! Personally not being close enough to do it, I leave it to you to give them to us
The problem with any theory is that it is ... a theory? However to be validated a theory must be based on tangible elements (facts). However, everything may be subject to a specific interpretation depending on the selection that will be made of them (e.g. AIDS, vaccines, food, etc.). Regarding the theory of evolution, it is based on some facts and discoveries (more or less indisputable) with abyssal gaps between each element, with scientific elements which do not go in this direction, even to the reverse. So what “science” can then be taken as a reference?
Then in front of any thesis, a comparative anti-thesis or at least showing the reasoning weaknesses of the thesis is required. Unfortunately (as before under religious pressure preventing any non-conformism of thought) the wind turned in the other direction with the same pressure prohibiting non-conformism to the theory of evolution. Hence the ridiculous and ridiculous speeches on the intelligent design, or what takes its place, as religions did for the nonconformists of their time.
The question is therefore not really whether evolutionism is true or false, but the attitude, the spirit in which this subject is approached. Jean Rostand, French biologist said: " I don't believe in god, but I don't believe in evolution either Because biology opposed it and not any philosophy on the subject.
but we get out of the subject, there should be a (stormy) subject devoted to the subject, but is it from the perspective of econology?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 01/10/12, 15:35

If you want to settle your account about the theory of evolution it's here:

https://www.econologie.com/forums/l-evolution-des-especes-biologiques-et-le-hasard-t11282-1140.html

Because there, frankly, the guy who is looking for information to make a wind turbine and who falls on evolution, he will not understand ... : Evil:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
RV-P
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RV-P » 01/10/12, 16:06

- Hmmm! I'm going to stop my "religious sub-tendency rambling" there (although if I'm talking about the Bible and Jesus Christ 8) , I am NOT talking about religions AT ALL, but every time we talk about one of these two subjects, man "brings his strawberry back" to religion ... : Cry: !) and I continue to "insist" on the fact that before criticizing the project that I present, as I did, you have to experiment because complicated calculations are all very well, but it does nothing to help do DIY! And This is the subject of this subject: being able to build a wind turbine by looking around a bit and improving what we can improve without "taking the lead" in complicated calculations!
- Hence the photo of the AppleWind that I presented in order to see the profiles of a Darrieus wind turbine and also the model that I made with my little fingers on the improvement of a wind turbine with a vertical axis already presented elsewhere! If we can make this in DIY, it would be worth it, right?!? ... But always make a model ... It is much cheaper paper and cardboard than PVC pipe, aluminum and plexiglass or marine plywood, right!? ...
- There was a time, I had the idea of ​​a variable span wind turbine, which means the blades could lengthen if the wind weakened and shorten if the wind forced! And everything was controlled by the variable pitch balancing weights to which we could graft end-of-stroke contacts ... Because not only was the project based on a variable-pitch wind turbine, but also the length of the blades could be changed. ! Also, with aerodynamic twisted blades ... Has anyone "worked" on this? I would like to have your opinion before I do one of my many drawings in GIMP ...
- @ +!
0 x
It's easier to just make things complicated than complicate simple things!
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 01/10/12, 17:40

Janic wrote:
I don't see your interest in tackling Dedeleco in this way, Janic. If you question the theory of evolution, you have to prove it! Personally not being close enough to do it, I leave it to you to give them to us
The problem with any theory is that it is ... a theory?

When you have so many converging hypotheses that lead to the same conclusion, it may be called a theory, it does not invalidate it ...

In biology, for example, it has been proven for a long time:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Évolution_(biologie)

There is little more than the phylogenetic tree where we find some hypotheses, but not so much because we doubt this globally, rather out of prudence. Again, if you are a detractor, bring proof that works or at least some protocol (s) that hold water!

But in principle, all options are open, therefore. it is not contradictory to say that a wall is blue if it has the measurable Kelvin degrees corresponding to its color ...
0 x