Wind: building a vertical axis wind turbine from A to Z

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
jpp-lfox
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

American power and direct water heater Mulin

by jpp-lfox » 31/03/09, 17:04

Hello,
Knowing that with about 5 W continuous (24h) can be raised 100l water 1 ° C .... I was wondering if we can have hot water continuously with a small wind turbine that provides 300 to 500W
In theory with 300W during 24h is continuously elevates our water 100l of 60 ° c ...
I share the opinion of quite direct electrical energy transformation into heat, which provides the best performance and enabling the use of DC or AC variable frequency directly.
American couple to a mill that is simple to implement and normally a good couple thereby multiply.
Does anyone experienced?

The alternator auto coupling directly on a 220V water heater is possible. In 12V the power dissipated is proportional 110W about.
Knowing that ALTERNATOR to be rather to 15 17 130V one should have to 150W.
What 30 ° c increase of the temperature on the first day, the second 30 ° C and maintain a heating system.
Couple two alternators or to regulate 30V remains an alternative.
Thank you for your help.
0 x
school enghien
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

95 wind project

by school enghien » 11/04/09, 10:03

Hello Here is a blog that presents the realization of a vertical axis wind turbine with the means at hand by students and professors of the Paris region.

http://projeteolienne95.over-blog.com/

Come regularly to see our problems and our solutions. Logically we will soon have our first results of speeds and couples so get our first mechanical powers that we will transform into electrical. Come see also the technological aspect that we try to improve for the lowest possible cost. The forums are for us an inexhaustible source of inspiration and reflection. I strongly recommend the wind turbine-without-border blog

http://eolienne-sans-frontieres.blog4ev ... 37340.html

which has the ultimate goal of sending wind turbines in Niger, which allows to consider wind because otherwise no comparison with the price of EDF Kw. Thank you and many come (leave comments to support us and suggest improvements).
0 x
BIOTEK
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Re: 95 Wind Project

by BIOTEK » 01/08/09, 19:52

high school enghien wrote:Hello Here is a blog that presents the realization of a vertical axis wind turbine with the means at hand by students and professors of the Paris region.

http://projeteolienne95.over-blog.com/

Come regularly to see our problems and our solutions. Logically we will soon have our first results of speeds and couples so get our first mechanical powers that we will transform into electrical. Come see also the technological aspect that we try to improve for the lowest possible cost. The forums are for us an inexhaustible source of inspiration and reflection. I strongly recommend the wind turbine-without-border blog

http://eolienne-sans-frontieres.blog4ev ... 37340.html

which has the ultimate goal of sending wind turbines in Niger, which allows to consider wind because otherwise no comparison with the price of EDF Kw. Thank you and many come (leave comments to support us and suggest improvements).

Can we participate in your project?
I am a former student of this school would be a homecoming !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/09/09, 12:41

Earlier in this topic:
yanyan26 wrote:Thanks guys.

My prototype is done.

Some pictures of the following assembly

Laying the motor suport bell

Manufacturing carrier offset removal

Laying the bell

Under the bell

engine Installation

Do you have ideas for simple improvements without not redo all thank you

No more photos available.
yanyan26 if you read this message, you can put the links up to date or return the photo below?

ps: when I insist we use our image hoster is to avoid this kind of incident ...
0 x
th
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by th » 07/10/09, 00:26

Hello,

I do not know much in horizontal axis wind turbine, but I have two questions:
- isn't part of the recovered mechanical energy reused to "return" the blades in front? the blades are against the current
- More the lever arm is longer, the couple is important, so why make blades that come to the center?

I first thought was a swing system has clear and massive body that would force the blades to come back in the direction of the wind, but not found ...

So I thought of a wind like this:

that is to say that the blades which return in the opposite direction are "hidden" and therefore do not slow down the assembly.

I chose at random parameters: number epales, size etc ...

then I thought it can can be improved this system by directing the wind with two deflectors:

Continuing my reflections, I said that the first deflector could be used as brakes or the spring means (we can design the springs such ways that the first deflector opens and sending the wind against current in case of storm) or by servo control AEVC a speed sensor somewhere.
version of spring:

after I thought to put a big flywheel on the wind turbine (in the event of a squall, the energy is "stored"), I do not think that the weight is an enemy, except when starting (and if it remains of course limited)

So what do you think of my reflections? (No tar and feathers please)
0 x
stéphane
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 07/10/09, 01:28

th

Welcome to econology! :D

You did what with the air that is pumped by the blades of the left?

It is bound to return to the front and has hurt your pushing the right side.

Do not waste time with this principle but rather uses the savonius that at least more work on both sides.
:?
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
coucou789456
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by coucou789456 » 07/10/09, 06:22

Hello

put a flywheel does not really serve to store energy, but if it is achieving in the form of a cylinder occupying the free central part, and the rotating speed with a multiplier, so you take advantage of Magnus effect and more. training will have to be done no magnetic coupling to avoid excessive braking at start over it would allow you a big multiplier, for example a cylinder or turning 10 20 times faster than the blades.

Moreover, the less mechanical systems or automation to control or guide blades, the lower the risk of breakdowns.

jeff
0 x
th
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by th » 07/10/09, 14:16

You did what with the air that is pumped by the blades of the left?

It is bound to return to the front and has hurt your pushing the right side.

Do not waste time with this principle but rather uses the savonius that at least more work on both sides

I do not think the air is brewed a big problem, of course it will bring up a resistance, but this resistance does not lower sri lanka t it has the resistance of savonus when the blade comes back?

put a flywheel does not really serve to store energy, but if it is achieving in the form of a cylinder occupying the free central part, and the rotating speed with a multiplier, so you take advantage of Magnus effect and more. training will have to be done no magnetic coupling to avoid excessive braking at start over it would allow you a big multiplier, for example a cylinder or turning 10 20 times faster than the blades.

I did not understand everything, but the engine will not serve has voalnt avoid runaway during storm and have a more regular operation.
0 x
stéphane
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 07/10/09, 14:52

th

On Savionus the blades are curved so has that air pushes on the opposite blade, which is not the case on straight blades.
:|
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain
th
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by th » 07/10/09, 15:32

I understand the principle of savionus, effectivemnt there is a chauvechement of 2 blades that must be understood ente 1 / 3 and 1 / 6 the diameter (1 / 6 being the best performance I think).

1/6 overlap, in addition to very close to the center, should not be extraordinary in terms of gain: the wind must come "turn around" and push the other blade. In addition, very often near the axis, the blade does not receive any wind (it is hidden by the following blade) unless there are only 2 blades ....
I am not sure that the contribution of the overlap is extraordinary, the "rise" of the blade against the wind must absorb more energy than this overlap provides.

but actually why not make a savionus, with the back side facing the wind sheltered? there would be the gain of overlap (but I am not convinced that interesting) and certainly not a loss of lift of the blade ????
0 x
stéphane