Wind and compressed air

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 10/01/11, 16:46

Nothing prevents you from doing a small-scale test. And then see if it's viable.
But still be very careful, just because it is "only" from the air that it is not dangerous.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/01/11, 16:51

Gaston wrote:To store 1 kWh = 3600000 J, a 3 m3 tank is therefore required.

Thank you Gaston for the evaluation! More motivated than that of the comic strip! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

I think it should be specified: 3m3 at 10 bars!

Which is just huge ...

We quickly see that it is difficult to reasonably store energy in compressed air except to build up a lot of pressure ... with the problems that this poses!
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 10/01/11, 17:35

Yes and as I said, 100l at 7 bars if it explodes is enough to kill someone.
So imagine 3000l at 10 bars! there is something to wipe a house off the map.
The enemy of compressed air tanks is condensation, which causes the interior to rust until it punctures or breaks => explosion.
To avoid this you can treat the interior with epoxy resins or use tanks made of composite materials. I'm not telling you the price! In my opinion it's impossible to make a profit.
And that does not dispense compulsory regular controls by an approved organization (apave, socotec, veritas and consort ...) every 3 years I believe, and the tests every 10 years.
These controls also have enormous costs, especially for an individual.
0 x