Stirling engines wood pellets or granules + cogeneration

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 04/02/09, 09:02

I found that:

thermalengines.com

multiplying the size by 10 and batteries is energy independence with a wood stove! It remains to make it.
0 x
reoz
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by reoz » 10/09/09, 10:46

Hello,
raymond, the links don't work anymore ...
I too dream of a wood cogen!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/09/09, 10:53

Same ... HS site.

Sunmachine is the only seller of a wood cogeneration currently on the market for the general public (to my knowledge). See beginning of this topic: https://www.econologie.com/forums/moteurs-st ... t5703.html

You also need a solar version: https://www.econologie.com/moteur-stirli ... -3856.html
0 x
reoz
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by reoz » 01/11/09, 17:11

By dint of searching, what seems to me to be the most feasible and the cheapest is the gasifier!
especially coupled with a small tank to methanize the rest (dry pots, wet residue, leaves etc), I tell myself that we must have enough gas to burn to run a correct generator.

remains the middle brick to find for good, ie a correct gas engine (or a mini steam-gas turbine?)
I still can't see myself converting a petrol engine, I don't know much about mechanics.

tracks? thank you!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 07/12/09, 14:11

I'm not sure it's complicated to convert a gasoline engine. I read somewhere that an Austrian municipality converted a Citröen C1 to biomethane for the reception of their visitors. It is a town that wants to be "all green" ... So it is possible. But there was nothing technical in the article.

He calls it the grasshopper!
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 07/12/09, 19:41

Good evening
you may already know, but if in doubt, a small pdf on the cogé
http://www.curbain.be/download/CONF_09. ... ration.pdf
a priori in the years to come many boiler manufacturers want to get started 8)
but none in the steam micro coge : Cry:
0 x
boubka
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by boubka » 07/12/09, 20:21

Anyway in France it is not for tomorrow because of EDF which has been dragging its feet for a long time and put everything (or almost) on centralization.
while this scheme is completely stupid and will inevitably lead to the great "black out" so dreaded

a few years ago edf executives wanted to rightly question this policy, it cost them their place : Evil:

one site among many that makes the same observation:
http://www.microcogeneration.info/
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/12/09, 20:49

the use of a standard internal combustion engine with gasifier gas is not complicated

I leave the original carburetor with its throttle controlled by the centrifugal regulator

the fuel tank and the nozzles are no longer used except repair in case of lack of gas

between the air filter and the fuel I put a large venturi: at the suction point of this venturi a gas adjustment valve

the gasifier gas is slightly compressed and given to a pressure reducer made to give an outlet pressure exactly equal to atmospheric pressure and arrives in the regulating valve

It works very well with LPG or pure methane: once the correct position of the regulating valve is found, the richness is constant over the whole range of engine power

with the gasifier or the biogas it is also necessary to change the setting according to the richness of the gas
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/12/09, 20:59

the gasifier gas contains completely useless nitrogen: it decreases the useful power of the engine, but it does not decrease the output

the output can even be increased by increasing the compression ratio: modification of the cylinder head, except that with this modification of cylinder head we can no longer turn to petrol
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 12/12/09, 10:27

Hello,

The lack of vitality of stirling engines on the market shows that there is a problem, and with the yields of the order of 15% indicated in general, it would be better to make thin-film photovoltaics, like nanosolar, when they are finally available at General public.

I believe that the problem at the base of stirling engines is physically simple: stirling engines work on a temperature difference between cold source and hot source, and this is not efficient, because the "cold" temperature never is. really and constantly varies, and on the other hand it is necessary to go through an intermediate parameter to transform heat into mechanical energy.

This intermediary is always a pressure, which alone allows direct mechanical work. In addition, there is always an almost stable low source of pressure, atmospheric pressure.

I believe that the only engines which give good performances are the piston engines, ie with differential pressure, and I thus directly join Chatelot16 above.

And what gives the most pressure differential is vaporization / condensation, with water vapor for example.

The main disadvantage of steam is its danger, because it is TOO powerful ...

The correct answer would therefore be to make small steam engines, on the scale of steam ironing plants, and with concentrated or wood-pellet solar heating.

You should know that if each French household generated 3KW electric, the total power would be 90GW, that is to say the current peak electric production in winter ... So the target is 3KW of the simplest cogeneration and therefore the cheapest possible...
0 x
See you soon !