Energie du vide: an official return

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 20/10/08, 15:10

Capt_Maloche wrote:A little Up of circumstances

So? how to recover energy from fluctuations in the zero point?

with an electric arc Remundo?

Uh ....

Do you know what the energy of the quantum vacuum and the dark energy of the universe is?

I don't know, however, I have a lot of years of study behind me in physics.

Beware because these energies are above all theoretical, their existence is not formally proven.

And it is not obvious even if they exist that the laws of physics allow us to exploit them ...

Besides, we don't really need it : Idea: Renewable sun in mind amply meet anthropogenic needs.
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 20/10/08, 17:20

Remundo wrote: Besides, we don't really need it : Idea: Renewable sun in mind amply meet anthropogenic needs.

Anthropics of cancer? Heuheu : Oops: : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Remundo

by Remundo » 07/11/08, 23:44

Ah, I had not seen the valve, nice capricorn : Cheesy:
0 x
Hydraxon
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hydraxon » 11/11/08, 23:04

Remundo wrote:
Capt_Maloche wrote:A little Up of circumstances

So? how to recover energy from fluctuations in the zero point?

with an electric arc Remundo?

Uh ....

Do you know what the energy of the quantum vacuum and the dark energy of the universe is?

Beware because these energies are above all theoretical, their existence is not formally proven.

And it is not obvious even if they exist that the laws of physics allow us to exploit them ...

Dark energy is just a term added to the equations of cosmology. It is not that we have not proven that it exists, it is that physically we do not know what it is.

Vacuum energy has been proven to exist, no problem, it's the Casimir effect.

Now, no, there is no reason to hope that it will work. Let's not forget that energy conservation has survived all of these discoveries or assumptions.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 12/11/08, 19:39

As long as we don't know what it is, dreams are allowed :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 12/11/08, 19:41

and the nightmare too : Mrgreen:
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Tagor
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Tagor » 11/12/08, 08:05

Hydraxon wrote:Vacuum energy has been proven to exist, no problem, it's the Casimir effect.

Now, no, there is no reason to hope that it will work. Let's not forget that energy conservation has survived all of these discoveries or assumptions.

yet someone has imagined a way to recover this energy

http://philica.com/display_article.php?article_id=138

A QED-model for the Energy of the Vacuum and an Explanation of its Conversion into Mechanical Energy

Claus W. Turtur (Fachbereich Elektrotechnik, University of Applied Sciences Braunschweig-Wolfenbuettel)

Published in physic.philica.com

Abstract
The energy density of the vacuum is still one of the unsolved questions in physics. Principally it should be possible to calculate this energy density by summing up the energy of all zero point oscillations of the vacuum. The problem is that this sum leads to a divergent improper integral. An approach to a solution is found within the theory of Geometrodynamics, however this approach is considered skeptical nowadays and it is in contradiction with measurements of Astrophysics.
The present work introduces a new solution for the convergence problem of the improper integral on the basis of Quantum electrodynamics (where improper integrals are solved), coming to values ​​appearing realistic. The only necessary postulate is: It is known that the speed of propagation of electromagnetic waves is influenced by electric and magnetic DC-fields. The postulate is now to assume, that the zero point oscillations of the vacuum display the same behavior.
But the article is not restricted to theoretical calculations of the energy of the zero point oscillations of the vacuum; it also goes back to the experimental verification and to the utilization of those zero point oscillations in laboratory giving a theoretical (quantumelectrodynamical) explanation of the operation of the experiment, which already has been successfully conducted.

information about this item

Teacher. Dr. Claus W. Turtur
University of Applied Sciences Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel
Salzdahlumer Straße 46 - 48
Germany, 38302 Wolfenbüttel
Email: cw.turtur@fh-wolfenbuettel.de
Tel .: (++ 49) 5331/939 - 3412

Information about this Article
This Article has not yet been peer-reviewed
This Article was published on 4th September, 2008 at 11:12:46 and has been viewed 1597 times

energy conservation has survived all of these discoveries or assumptions.

at least miscroscopically there are exceptions
0 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 11/12/08, 09:49

"The energy of the vacuum has been proven to exist, no problem, it's the Casimir effect".

I think that the Casimir effect is the convergence of the Butterfly effect and the Spaghetti effect!

- On the one hand there are phenomena so insignificant that it is difficult to measure them and to measure their consequence, it is the Butterfly effect
- On the other hand, there are so many apparent phenomena that interact with each other that it is currently impossible for us to know and understand what are the causes and effects of each phenomenon, it is the spaghetti effect !
It's exactly like a spaghetti dish: we see that there are many but we are incapable, in the current state of knowledge (culinary :D ) to say where a spaghetti starts and where it stops and what is its influence on the neighboring spaghetti!

Of course, the next time you eat spaghetti, a dish that is ultimately very scientific, you will not see it the same way! :P
0 x
Tagor
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Tagor » 11/12/08, 10:02

Grelinette wrote:I think that the Casimir effect is the convergence of the Butterfly effect and the Spaghetti effect!

very interesting all these effects!
but does that allow us to conclude that the vacuum energy is exploitable?
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 11/12/08, 11:20

I also doubt that, even if it exists, this vacuum energy is exploitable.

We have lots of energy around us. How much can we use? Very little (and it's probably not worse because we would consume even more ...)

For example the earth turns so if we connected a cable between the moon and the earth, we could activate a dynamo and produce energy ...
Good, fortunately it is not materially possible to do it because otherwise we would have already found a gusse which would have done it to power its heating parasol : Evil: (HS: I just saw an ad, and it annoys me that people buy it rather than putting on a vest ...).
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity