Energy from heat - against Carnot's principle

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

Energy from heat - against Carnot's principle

by nonoLeRobot » 30/01/06, 18:18

Carnot's principle says that to obtain mechanical energy, two sources of heat are needed (one cold and one hot). But this is only a principle and although it has always been verified, it has not been proven.

However, if we look at the microscopic scale, the heat corresponds to the average speed of the molecules of the gas which go in all directions. Which ultimately corresponds to disordered mechanical energy. The idea would therefore be to recover this microscopic energy to obtain energy usable for current applications with the effect of cooling the gas.

At first glance we can say that it contradicts the laws of thermodynamics (the disorder can only increase) but in fact under certain conditions, it would seem that not. The disorder is increasing globally but could decrease locally. "Fluctuation Theorem"

It is not part of the superunit procedure since: the energy recovered <the energy supplied (heat) however any gas at ambient temperature could provide a large quantity of it by cooling down slightly.

It may sound absurd as it is and studies are in their infancy but it can be a very interesting solution to study.

It's a bit complex but very interesting and in case some can go further:

The page of a researcher working on this subject
http://rsc.anu.edu.au/~evans/

His press review
http://rsc.anu.edu.au/~evans/papers/sel ... ortsFT.pdf

He has also made experiments which would go in this direction even if they are far from saying that such a machine (using heat to produce mechanical / electrical energy by "rejecting cold") could exist.

But beware, nothing has yet been produced in concrete (beware of those who use this to sell crappy plans) ;-)
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 30/01/06, 18:22

We look forward to seeing you!

I'm going to read that as soon as I have a moment .......... then I'm going to watch "c'est + clair" (Yves Calvi) on TV.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 30/01/06, 18:27

I want to clarify that this message (except the last sentence) is a copy of an old message from the old one forum dating from July 10, 2005 is a little before the creation of the site (early 2006) selling "plans" on this idea and advertising on this meme forum. (to wonder if that did not inspire him to set up his scam)
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 31/01/06, 09:06

Didn't have time to read the links, but I promise I'll fix that soon.

I imagine that your concept is based on the idea of ​​orienting molecular agitation in order to transform it more or less into mechanical (oscillatory?) Movement on a larger scale? That's right ? On paper it looks pretty indeed ... but it's very theoretical.

After that, it is sure that it is contrary to the principle of increasing entropy. But hey, I never managed to understand what entropy really was, let alone enthalpy for that matter. So if it should turn out to be wrong, it would suit me rather : Cheesy:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 31/01/06, 10:32

This speech reminds me of this invention (remained in the cupboards): http://annuaire.econologie.com/index.php?page=1&id=0036

And at least on this site the .pdf is free to access! :frown:
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/05/10, 17:05

You seem to be talking about the various forms of Maxwell's (in 1865) demon; possible by short fluctuations at the level of atoms but not at the macroscopic scale:
see :
http://rsc.anu.edu.au/~evans/index.php
and Maxwell's books and many more afterwards !!!

Always try to make a boat moving forward with the energy of the water that is collected by making ice in the sea !!
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 08/05/10, 22:27

Well, since ice takes up 10% more space than water, if you make ice from the water behind the boat, the ice will push it forward and it will move forward ...
Instead of burning fuel to increase the volume of air and get a push, you make ice to increase the volume of water and get your push.

But hey, it's capillotracted like a thing : Mrgreen:
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 08/05/10, 23:51

former oceanic wrote:But hey, it's capillotracted like a thing : Mrgreen:

Wouldn't it be rather glaciopropulsed? With a slight tendency to oversteer :frown:

Capillotracted, it is rather the principle of the hygrometer: it can work for a boat, but you need long hair, kept in a waterproof sheath, which you open when you want to pull the boat, so that the entrance maritime humidity causes the hair to shrink Image
0 x
See you soon !