Project: Green Maisonette

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
vincent27
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by vincent27 » 17/04/06, 09:12

Hello,

Great project, but beware, there are a lot of things that work in scale but which prove to be useless in reality.

A little something that I saw in the house side: water recovery with tanks under the roofs: you use this dead space and above all you feed your ground floor networks by gravity (no pump required). This is autonomy.

I also think that thermal solar panels are quite showable. There wind, mini hydro power plant, sirling cogeneration from biomass, solar mower for the garden (these small autonomous mowers that we sold a while ago), organic garden of course (food autonomy).

Another point to highlight in such a house: the absence of chemicals: Marseille soap for laundry, soda, white vinegar and black soap for cleaning ...
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 17/04/06, 12:23

floriane wrote:If not,
Do you know who I should address to assemble mechanisms of the Heolian type, solar panels, etc ... in a small house? Should we ask for the cooperation of an engineer with a model maker ...? Or with an electrician? with an architect?

And how much should these people be paid for such a project?

I think if you know someone who is a good handyman it should not be too complicated for him
the best I think is to have someone who makes a reduced model and who covers aircraft, boat and car models and who climbs everything from A to Z (it requires to be polytechnic in a lot of domain and be skilled manually)
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 17/04/06, 14:56

floriane wrote:If not,
Do you know who I should address to assemble mechanisms of the Heolian type, solar panels, etc ... in a small house? Should we ask for the cooperation of an engineer with a model maker ...? Or with an electrician? with an architect?

And how much should these people be paid for such a project?

Hello

You have to do it alone : Idea: ; because engineers who do not know how to tighten a bolt or weld a wire "ponde du concept", damn the poor guys in charge of manufacturing and maintaining it and do nothing profitable (before designing an engine you must already be able repair one).

Being able to think and design is super important, but knowing how to do it in a "usable" way is even more so. If you don't put your hands in it, it is not the mines, polytechnic, testing or other that you will learn : Evil:

For your house, a photovoltaic panel, a fleet recuperator and 2 or 3 odds and ends should be enough; for the assembly, the proofreading of your 4th and 10 minute internship courses with the local plumber should suffice. : Lol:

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
floriane
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by floriane » 17/04/06, 16:23

Thank you very much, but for now, I don't have to build this house, I just have to think about the steps for its realization.
On the other hand, I do not think that I can submit to an organization (which eventually would agree to market the kit) a product that I would have mounted myself ... (?)
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 17/04/06, 16:38

zac wrote:You have to do it alone : Idea: ; because engineers who do not know how to tighten a bolt or weld a wire "ponde du concept", damn the poor guys in charge of manufacturing and maintaining it and do nothing profitable (before designing an engine you must already be able repair one).
Being able to think and design is super important, but knowing how to do it in a "usable" way is even more so. If you don't put your hands in it, it is not the mines, polytechnic, testing or other that you will learn : Evil:
Thank you for your intervention, on future engineers ...
This has been itching for years, but does not enter into controversy, because the esprit de corps will melt on me, once again…
I am a maintenance technician, and we are still bothered by paper processing machines (desktop publishing), which are more and more noisy, smelly, exhausting for operators. For maintenance, nothing is facilitated for accessibility, the operating logic of the assembly or disassembly and maintenance.
Everything is done by assembling odds and ends.
When an engineer (who may not know how to drive a nail), designs a machine, he draws the assembly according to the specifications.
Then he takes the catalog of the necessary parts, cells, motors, clutches, rollers, power supplies, compressors, filters, and chooses, so as to pull the prices down.
On D-Day, the client company checks the operation according to its specifications, finds that it turns more or less, and it's ok for the service. Ah yes, we would have to move an emergency stop button…
The maintenance in the following weeks, notes that it is a mess, for the reasons that I indicated above, and that it is not that reliable…
What does it matter! The hierarchy doesn't give a damn! The file is closed. Nothing will go up. We are aware that arrangements have been made, at a high level, and that remains there.
The shit is for the productive.
In recent years, I have been modifying electrical wiring, parts, and designing many, to facilitate maintenance or ease of the driver, for reliability, the lowest cost of renewal. The machines were in total internal maintenance, and it worked well ... except of course that it yelled higher when it was not repaired within the hour (still executives who did not know how to tighten a bolt).
Now, degrease (lower the payroll, this is the silly answer of the time). So the machines are bought, with "outsourced maintenance" (as they say), with a total maintenance contract, which is worth the skin of the buttocks, but it is not the same budgets. And we are made to understand that we are no longer used for anything, and that we are too expensive. Only now do they realize that the machines can be stranded for half a day, but they don't bother them, as they do for us after an hour.
So, they had the idea of ​​associating us, to control their work, and do the maintenance on the extreme hours of the external maintenance contract (because ultimately it costs sweet ...). In fact we serve, to train external technicians, to provide them with equipment, or to troubleshoot them with milling machine, lathe and welding. This will last as long as they are operational, and afterwards by the old cranky who loved their job.
So much so that there is some bullshit on machines that are likely to be modified at the moment ... And I take care not to touch it, because we have a little pride left.
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."