Diode wind concentrator...

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Re: Diode wind concentrator...

by SebastianL » 16/01/23, 12:22

FALCON_12 wrote:It was a joke, don't take it the wrong way!

I think we can agree
0 x
FALCON_12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FALCON_12 » 16/01/23, 12:23

Christophe wrote:For a quick test, an open-load voltage is still significant of a rotation speed (at no-load, etc.)

So the fan spins faster with the concentrator...empty...that's for sure!

Tinkering with a very small brake that would stop the rotation of the test without the concentrator at the limit of the braking and seeing if it restarts, brake in place (not touched not touched!), with the concentrator would prove that it brings an additional torque.

In any case, we have demonstrated that we can indeed concentrate a flow and increase the pressure. It's something acquired (
keep in mind, I have improved the junction of the concentrator, this time I obtain 1000 mV, i.e. a ratio of 18 between w and w'!)

Regarding the power it would be very magical if the system modulates w so that P'<=P as soon as we load
the fan. Come to think of it, it would be a real magic trick!

But there is no magic since the small brake already exists: it is the inevitable viscous and/or dry resistant torques
which oppose the rotation of the shaft.

The shaft rotates 18 times faster by fighting against friction torques at least equal (dry friction) or higher
(viscous friction). It therefore produces at least 18 times more power, and It seems certain to me that when loaded more this coefficient weakens while always remaining >=1 (it will be worth 1 at infinite load).
0 x
FALCON_12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FALCON_12 » 16/01/23, 15:14

Christophe wrote:
FALCON_12 wrote:The wind can change direction. In a context where the wind has a fixed direction all day this tower is of no use. But if you have strong winds in different directions at certain times of the day or winds that change direction often, it can be useful. In any case having a fixed system and a very appreciable thing

Yes, but you said that the tower concentrated several wind directions: I'm telling you that at a given time T the wind always blows in one direction only...except tornado or violent storm, this direction changes quite slowly... which allows conventional wind turbines to orient themselves...

This thing concentrates especially the losses of loads... and energy.

But hey, you can make one and get back to us.

I think this concept would only be valid in regions where the wind blows very hard very often... like high mountains or polar regions.

The objective is to concentrate the winds from all directions without moving parts (a very pleasant thing ...) and by having, above all, a wind turbine of reduced size thanks to the cube of V intervening in the power formula.

I have load losses but:

- I have no moving part, the wind turbine is fixed.
- I am concentrating the flow and hoping to use V^3 so I can use a smaller wind turbine
at equal power output. I am trying to convert the interception surface of the wind turbine
on the interception surface of a fixed construction which will also allow me to concentrate the flow
and use V^3.
- Increasing the size of the tower costs much less than increasing the size of the wind turbine
and allows me to compensate for load losses, if necessary since I already benefit
of V^3.

Do you know, or does anyone here know of a multi-physics software that could allow us to rough
the thing before prototype? And if he could do the simulation, it would be even better! :?
0 x
FALCON_12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FALCON_12 » 16/01/23, 15:17

I thought of some improvements, the check valves are in red, other things can be improved in my opinion.

0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/01/23, 15:37

Christophe wrote:We never turn 90° in a car, we follow curved trajectories, except in a violent accident.

ah and you think that fluids turn 90° like the profile of a square?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/23, 16:01

Neither, since an infinite force does not exist... : Mrgreen:

But in this "thing" they will take a tighter trajectory than you will ever take in a car (well I wish you so...)...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 16/01/23, 16:02

FALCON_12 wrote:I thought of some improvements, the check valves are in red, other things can be improved in my opinion.

Just a technical remark: can you use the image host of the forum ? Because the google links may no longer work from a while?
0 x
FALCON_12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FALCON_12 » 16/01/23, 16:22

Christophe wrote:
FALCON_12 wrote:I thought of some improvements, the check valves are in red, other things can be improved in my opinion.

Just a technical remark: can you use the image host of the forum ? Because the google links may no longer work from a while?

Ok
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 16/01/23, 16:42

FALCON_12 wrote:Do you know, or does anyone here know of a multi-physics software that could allow us to rough
the thing before prototype? And if he could do the simulation, it would be even better! :?

Without needing such software, I let you imagine (given the following drawing) what would be the speed profile at the entrance of your wind turbine with a wind captured by one (or even two) of the planned sectors.. ..It is not likely to be famous for its operation.
1 x
FALCON_12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FALCON_12 » 16/01/23, 20:12

sicetaitsimple wrote:
FALCON_12 wrote:Do you know, or does anyone here know of a multi-physics software that could allow us to rough

Without needing such software, I let you imagine (given the following drawing) what would be the speed profile at the entrance of your wind turbine with a wind captured by one (or even two) of the planned sectors.. ..It is not likely to be famous for its operation.

I don't see the drawing you seem to be talking about Sicetaitsimple (the one that should follow).
0 x