Diode wind concentrator...

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Diode wind concentrator...

by Obamot » 16/01/23, 06:31

The vortices would seem more promising to me (although we know the limits)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/01/23, 07:59

SebastianL wrote:Forcing the air to change direction at 90° imposes an infinite acceleration.

here then !

have you ever taken a roundabout?
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 16/01/23, 08:13

Remundo wrote:
SebastianL wrote:Forcing the air to change direction at 90° imposes an infinite acceleration.

here then !

have you ever taken a roundabout?

lol look at the deformation of your tire in a roundabout...
If you were an air molecule you would leave your vehicle quickly
0 x
FALCON_12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FALCON_12 » 16/01/23, 08:46

Christophe wrote:
FALCON_12 wrote:Well I did a little manipulation, I took a fan that I placed 60 cm from a hot air gun (which blows cold, the heating resistor is dead).

Without a hub, I have an RMS no-load voltage of 55 mV.
With concentrator (roughly perforated oyster box, the joint is far from perfect and
in use the clogging is very sensitive) I get 330 mV, more than 5 times more.

If you recover more energy it is because the concentrated flow of the gun flares up, so you will refocus it.

Anyway, whether the flow is isotropic or not, it is indeed a situation where the passage from S to S' does indeed increase P since I have not moved the fan.

We can therefore already amend the theory according to which concentrating the flow never brings anything in terms of power. In some situations this is the case, this experience is proof of that. Now it remains to be seen if with an isotropic flow it is the same, I would be very surprised if this is not the case.
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 16/01/23, 08:51

because a tension is an energy?
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 16/01/23, 08:52

Power is measured in volts? I did not know...
0 x
FALCON_12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FALCON_12 » 16/01/23, 08:57

Christophe wrote:
FALCON_12 wrote:The valves act as check valves like the PN diodes do in a bridge rectifier.
The idea is to collect all penetrating flows and to exclude all flows that tend to leave the tower.
On the principle we use the same idea: collect the flows that interest us and block the others
(positive currents in electronics, inflows in aerolic).

At a time T out of 1 minute, except for a heavy storm or tornado, the wind always blows in the same direction...

I still don't understand the physical logic…of this “thing”…it would be valid if the wind was going back and forth, that's not the case….

FALCON_12 wrote:A funnel that could pivot and oppose the wind could do the same thing. Here the advantage
sought and to have a fixed system capable of "straightening" (diode) the winds from all directions.
]

No problem rotating a funnel (it will do it on its own but a fin can help)...the problem is to make it resist extreme winds...except to play on its pitch angle, you can't feather it...

ps: if you have a diagram that would be great...

The wind can change direction. In a context where the wind has a fixed direction all day this tower is of no use. But if you have strong winds in different directions at certain times of the day or winds that change direction often, it can be useful. In any case having a fixed system and a very appreciable thing
0 x
FALCON_12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FALCON_12 » 16/01/23, 09:13

SebastianL wrote:Forcing the air to change direction at 90° imposes an infinite acceleration. With what energy do you accelerate this mass of air? With the kinetic energy of the flow which is transformed into pressure > patmo and therefore manages to pass the "valve" fins for a small proportion, the rest preferring to pass by.
You can wiggle as much as you want, the upward flow of your tower will not have more kinetic energy, than the flow arriving on one side of your tower.
The only advantage is the aesthetics and the reduced noise, these days and given the hatred that is developing around wind turbines, it remains a good concept provided you do not dream of a cubic exponent of power

I grant you that putting valves whose axis of rotation would be at the bottom and whose direction of opening would be anti-clockwise would undoubtedly improve the pressure drop. I had also thought of putting pipes inside that would lead the air admitted by each valve to the top without it interfering with the air entering through the other valves. One can also think of splaying the base of the tower so that the new valves can return to their position without wind by the simple effect of gravity instead of a return by spring or other. And finally, I'm also thinking of adding fins that would concentrate the air towards the tower, why do without? ;)
0 x
SebastianL
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by SebastianL » 16/01/23, 09:35

FALCON_12 wrote:
SebastianL wrote:Forcing the air to change direction at 90° imposes an infinite acceleration. With what energy do you accelerate this mass of air? With the kinetic energy of the flow which is transformed into pressure > patmo and therefore manages to pass the "valve" fins for a small proportion, the rest preferring to pass by.
You can wiggle as much as you want, the upward flow of your tower will not have more kinetic energy, than the flow arriving on one side of your tower.
The only advantage is the aesthetics and the reduced noise, these days and given the hatred that is developing around wind turbines, it remains a good concept provided you do not dream of a cubic exponent of power

I grant you that putting valves whose axis of rotation would be at the bottom and whose direction of opening would be anti-clockwise would undoubtedly improve the pressure drop. I had also thought of putting pipes inside that would lead the air admitted by each valve to the top without it interfering with the air entering through the other valves. One can also think of splaying the base of the tower so that the new valves can return to their position without wind by the simple effect of gravity instead of a return by spring or other. And finally, I'm also thinking of adding fins that would concentrate the air towards the tower, why do without? ;)

if you put PV cells on all your fins, which seem numerous, you will greatly boost production.
0 x
FALCON_12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FALCON_12 » 16/01/23, 09:42

SebastianL wrote:
FALCON_12 wrote:

if you put PV cells on all your fins, which seem numerous, you will greatly boost production.
SebastianL wrote:
FALCON_12 wrote:

Hmmm... I had thought of transparent fins with a black ground below, like the solar tower, you must know.
0 x