Create my wind turbine

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 24/08/08, 23:46

Hasardine wrote:let's do, therefore, simple !!

here is a diagram found on the site that I named above:

http://nos-systeme-d.skynetblogs.be/category/1092944/1/Bricolages

first thing the top wheel and the bottom wheel do not seem to be moving. But the vertical mast, and the wing seems to have to turn in the support constituted by the 2 wheels. do you agree

the large diameter pulley also seems to be attached to the vertical axis, is this correct?

I confirm ! Hazardine ... you zardine too :?:) :? (I couldn't help it :? )

This wind turbine should have a fairly good performance given the size of the blades, if you take larger cans ... very large pvc tubes would be better, no oxidation! but there, you have to fall on a site where the foreman is nice, or can be seen at a supplier for public works, it will be necessary to provide a system D to prevent it from getting carried away in case of strong wind :P
For the electrical elements, you look at the links above, I think you can get help for the rest, from the econologists mentioned above too :P
I'm thinking of a mechanical brake for your case, but I'll talk to you about it next time, here I'm going to stake myself!

With admiring greetings for a blonde who holds the tools with great merit, Hat!
The gag was nice too :P
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 25/08/08, 10:36

Hasardine wrote:you have to start with something

+ 1000
when the others start and you have already started you will have got ahead and you will be able to help them ;-)

châpô ba
0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 26/08/08, 03:40

Please, no flowers, I'm just thinking, yes I know my husband often says to me, don't get carried away, from reflection, action is born, you will get there!

But for now I'm looking!

Lietseu, for the hunt, the concern of oxidation had not even touched me, thank you!

suddenly, I thought to use the chasi of my old tonelle (it folded during the previous storm) indeed, it would have been a bad idea (folded by the wind once, we imagine that it would have folded in less than 2 as a wind turbine!)

I therefore think of using PVC pipes (but I'm afraid that, when solicited, PVC will crack quickly), I will no doubt, once the final location is found, pour concrete into my tubular frame to stiffen it .

PS: yes, indeed, I also zardine, it is besides my passion.

but my nickname comes from the fact that I am often in the right place, at the right time, I really think that luck does things right! but also the fruit of work!
0 x
C moa
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by C moa » 26/08/08, 09:52

Hi Hasardine,
Good luck with your project,

Allow me two remarks:
Hasardine wrote:I therefore think of using PVC pipes (but I am afraid that with solicitations, PVC will crack quickly),

PVC does not have a strong mechanical resistance and especially it becomes very fragile when exposed to UV from the sun (see the gutters which are very flexible new when they are installed. 1 year later they are already much more rigid and brittle).
So I think it's not the best material to use.
I will probably, once the final location found, pour concrete into my tubular frame to stiffen it.

Be careful not to confuse strength and rigidity. An oak tree breaks during a storm, a reed bends but does not break.

I would tend to advise you a metal structure of IPN or UPN type with a strut at half height (a triangle does not deform). To hold the whole, provide a concrete base.
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 26/08/08, 10:52

you can also fix a small mast on the gable of your house if you can do it. with silent-block to compensate for vibrations, as a mast you can use a long one, not necessarily VERY solid if you connect the high point to at least 3 other fixed points.
0 x
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 28/08/08, 22:02

is that an IPN?

is there not a risk of it bending at its center?
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 28/08/08, 22:06

yes well done, an IPN in the shape of a I 8)
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 28/08/08, 22:09

we don't make fun !!!

because if we were talking about sewing or knitting, I think that there is me who could put you shabby, guys !!!!

well, we come back to this "piece of metal", it is designed to support heavy loads on the "bars" of the I, does not risk you therefore to turn or to transform into V?
0 x
delnoram

by delnoram » 28/08/08, 22:16

Hasardine wrote:we don't make fun !!!

no Hazardine mockery, just an answer to your question. :|
Hasardine wrote:well, we come back to this "piece of metal", it is designed to support heavy loads on the "bars" of the I, does not risk you therefore to turn or to transform into V?

Yes it is a risk, all IPN at its load limit, to twist it, it depends on the structure that you want to do with.

In the case of a vertical wind turbine, it could look more or less like that
Thank you Christophe :D

but this is a welded structure, you have to have the gear to or know someone who can do it :|
Last edited by delnoram the 28 / 08 / 08, 22: 31, 1 edited once.
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"

"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Hasardine
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Hasardine » 28/08/08, 22:22

no. Everything is fine !

in fact, the multitude of posts on the subject of wind turbines, stresses me, because I'm a little afraid of not getting there !!!

good, but the night advises, and the back to school works me out, so I'm going to rest, and I'll resume all this calm tomorrow.

Good night
0 x