Combustion of microalgae (dried)

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

solar dish

by gentil33 » 19/01/12, 11:39

How is it that the solar dish solution -> stirling engine -> alternator does not exist on the market, yet it is very attractive as a principle?
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: solar parable

by Gaston » 19/01/12, 13:24

gentil33 wrote:How is it that the solar dish solution -> stirling engine -> alternator does not exist on the market, yet it is very attractive as a principle?
Power / price ratio too low?
0 x
gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

enigme

by gentil33 » 19/01/12, 13:59

the stirling engine has an efficiency of almost 40% and a good alternator of more than 80%, it ultimately gives a much better result than solar panels.
In addition, the stirling engine does not wear much and is easily repairable and is not noisy.
That's why I don't understand!
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: riddle

by Gaston » 19/01/12, 16:18

gentil33 wrote:the stirling engine has an efficiency of almost 40% and a good alternator of more than 80%, it ultimately gives a much better result than solar panels.
It gives 32% (2 to 3 times better than the photovoltaic panel).

gentil33 wrote:In addition, the stirling engine does not wear much and is easily repairable and is not noisy.
The solar panel too ...
In addition, the dish requires a pointing system (cost and additional maintenance) which is not essential with photovoltaics.

gentil33 wrote:That's why I don't understand!
For a given power, photovoltaics is today 5 to 10 times cheaper ...
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: riddle

by dedeleco » 19/01/12, 16:21

gentil33 wrote:the stirling engine has an efficiency of almost 40% and a good alternator of more than 80%, it ultimately gives a much better result than solar panels.
In addition, the stirling engine does not wear much and is easily repairable and is not noisy.
That's why I don't understand!

A close look at 40% at which T per concentration ???

But scientifically accurate, but not fashionable and wear can be a little faster.

The right choice in a sunny region, further supplemented by very hot underground storage (200 to 300 ° c) it gives electricity 24 hours a day, night and day, 24 days a year, if good thermal storage underground, free, (not batteries or salts).

Too effective to realize it !!!
Too dangerous for all lobbies

It does not work without direct sun, or in winter, too low on the horizon, unlike photovoltaics which still works, more on the less bulky roof.
0 x
gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gentil33 » 19/01/12, 16:37

Thank you dedeleco, you are great.

For the lobby, you know, I do something hugely more dangerous against them https://sites.google.com/site/lafindelacrise/la-monnaie-or.

So, you see, I can imagine a sort of "tower", the lower half of which is the stirling engine (of which its lower part is the area to be heated) and the upper half an alternator, and below in the basement, the storage calories. And under this tower, a fireplace in which everyone could come and burn their waste and solar dishes all around which heat the hot part of the stirling engine.

It could supply electricity to market gardeners who would use it to turn light electrical agricultural equipment. Thus, one would arrive, perhaps, in a self-sufficient agricultural production for a village.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/01/12, 17:06

Low efficiency, because it requires a high temperature exchanger at 200 to 300 ° C, therefore complex.

I do not understand that market gardeners do not store summer heat for the winter in the earth, to heat, free of charge in perpetuity, their greenhouses in winter at 10 to 20 ° C !!!
Even easier than for houses in www.dlsc.ca which works at 30 ° C while market gardeners need 10 to 15 ° C often.

see :

https://www.econologie.com/forums/chaleur-d- ... 10828.html

https://www.econologie.com/forums/stockage-d ... 10173.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/dedeleco-o ... 99-40.html
0 x
gentil33
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gentil33 » 19/01/12, 17:28

a high temperature exchanger for what?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 19/01/12, 18:33

gentil33 wrote:a high temperature exchanger for what?

We observe with Carnot the maximum mechanical efficiency is (Tc-Tf) / Tc with Tc = T from the hot source in the hot exchanger of the Stirling and Tf the T from the cold side of the Stirling and therefore we need a Tf as high as possible compatible with the thermal resistance of materials.
read the base:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cycle_de_Carnot
This principle is equivalent to the impossibility of motors with perpetual movements without energy.

There are Stirling at 49% of this max of Carnot !!
and Tc = 200 to 300 ° C
In Stirling thermoacoustics with no moving parts.
See my many links on thermoacoustics, how to do it, on econology.
0 x