Belgian excise code change

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Belgian excise code change

by Bibiphoque » 21/08/08, 08:09

Hello,
Here is what we were concocted during the holidays:
"Press release of the Council of Ministers of July 25, 2008
EN | NL

Value added tax code

Broadening the scope of the concept of excise goods

On the proposal of Mr. Didier Reynders, Minister of Finance, the Council of Ministers approved a preliminary draft law which replaces article 1, § 6, 4 ° of the Value Added Tax Code. This article transposes into Belgian law article 2, § 3 of the European directive (*) relating to the common system of value added tax, which brings a new definition to products subject to excise duty, for the application of the VAT regime.

Long reserved for mineral oils, the scope of the concept of excise products is now extended to all energy products, except for gas supplied by the natural gas distribution system and electricity.

In order to ensure a literal transposition of this provision and to respond to the formal notice of 17 March 2008 from the European Commission which considers the interpretation of the terms "mineral oils" of Belgium inadequate, the preliminary draft consequently replaces the article concerned in the VAT Code.

(*) Council Directive 2006/112 / EC of November 28, 2006.

For more information :
Press service of Mr. Didier Reynders, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Finance and Institutional Reforms
Ms. Sophie Van Malleghem
02 / 233.80.52 - 0479 / 56.05.67
sophie.vanmalleghem@ckfin.minfin.be

Communication Service of the Council of Ministers
Directorate-General for External Communication - Chancellery of the Prime Minister "

Well seen, right? They will even tax us on wood!
@+
Last edited by Bibiphoque the 21 / 08 / 08, 08: 38, 1 edited once.
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 21/08/08, 08:37

:? This is bad news; very bad ...
The day starts well.Image
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Matt113
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Matt113 » 21/08/08, 09:27

Here! Taxes in addition. It will change us : Cheesy:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 21/08/08, 10:06

It is not because we redefine that we tax: to tax you need a price! that said, rest assured: even when you drive with an electrolyser, you will have to put special water in it!

For my part, I am quite in favor of taxing the soles of shoes and bicycle tires to fight against tax evasion of stingy people who use these devices : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be