Cave and heating

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
delnoram

by delnoram » 26/10/08, 20:06

It seemed to me that the limit was up to the center of the earth, especially if there are problems, unless there is financial interest in the basement in which case it is at the state, but I can to trick . : Mrgreen:
0 x
"Thinking should not it be taught in school rather than to make learning by heart the facts that are not all proven?"
"It's not because they are likely to be wrong they are right!" (Coluche)
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 26/10/08, 20:25

We own the bottom and the subsoil but any use of the basement for any purpose whatsoever is subject to authorization or even concession!
This is the case in Belgium and I would be surprised if it was different in France or elsewhere!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/10/08, 20:28

Ah ... I confuse ownership and operating rights apparently ...
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 26/10/08, 20:33

Belgian law is not always the same as French law. But this part of the law is Napoleonic law, so I think in this case the situation is the same for both countries!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!
qed
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by qed » 26/10/08, 22:52

Thanks to all three for the legal comments!
The direct entrance to the cave is on our land. For the rest, I can find out more by asking the mayor. It all probably depends on what you want to do and in what proportions.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 26/10/08, 23:32

If there are really 3 degrees, you have to make a big fridge : Idea:
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 27/10/08, 09:23

Hello

if the T ° in winter is stable around 3 ° C while it is -20 ° C outside, then you could consider installing a heat pump with a COP greater than 3 ... it also depends on the volume of this cavity,
I guess the humidity must be high?

but heating with wood in the mountains has always been the simplest, most practical and less expensive.

the idea being first to insulate before heating

This hole will surely make an excellent champagne cellar :D and a good refrigerator
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/10/08, 09:50

3 ° C is still very little ... I have always read / heard / seen that the temperature of the underground (natural or artificial) had a T ° between 10 and 13 ° C. Isn't there a source of cold water in your cave?

In addition, the hygrometry will pose a serious problem to the heat pump ... well a heat pump is not ecological heating in primary energy.

In my opinion, under these conditions, the idea must be abandoned and, as we have already said (maloche): improve the insulation see doing anti-humidity treatment of your walls because it is not "normal" that you have to heat 10/12 months!

Humidity is the NUMBER ONE scourge to deal with (before insulation even if the 2 are linked)!

We have some topics on the treatment of humidity here is one: heating-insulation / energy-saving-treating-walls-against-humidity-t4173.html

Use the search engine: search.php

Otherwise think about doing a solar supplement, here is an example on a "wet" house: solar-thermal / solar-heating-with-boiler-and-hot-air-t5712.html
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 27/10/08, 11:50

If not, think about making a solar supplement, here is an example on a "wet" house: solar-thermal / solar-heating-with-boiler-and-hot-air-t5712.html

I also thought about that.
If he's on the right side of the mountain, it must be very profitable at that altitude.
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
qed
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by qed » 27/10/08, 18:22

Thanks everyone for the insightful opinions and pointers!
I'm going to forget about this cave and heater idea for now, until I find out more about the conditions inside the hole.
We will rather use first the ideas of the subjects on humidity and solar support (plus perhaps others that I have not yet found in the forums).
Although for solar support, we are not ideally oriented, but it is not impossible. But humidity is certainly the first thing to tackle correctly!
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."