Build its own hydraulic unit

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 16/01/07, 14:36

Hi Jonule,
You start to understand why I want to make my system with constant flow + constant load .... Finally if I do it because since this morning, I laugh less !!!!
At the end of the morning, my wife saw a green partner from the Ministry of the Environment disembark .... with the Higher Fisheries Council ... Super !!! I am really lucky because the portion of river which passes in front of the mill will give rise to a measurement zone for continuation the fauna and flora system .... it begins in 2008 then electric fishing every two years, catch of 'samples every year ... indirectly related to the new water law + European directives !!!!
There, I frankly have the balls !!!
I explained my project to them and the guy from the ministry told me textuellemnt ... "we will have to meet again ...." that says it all!
I hope they will not block my see my projects !!!
Courage....

A + Serge.
0 x
Respect !!!
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 17/01/07, 04:15

zac wrote:
jonule wrote:i dont know if the mower can handle 1500rpm i think so but i dont know the horsepower ... it is a briggs & stratton 3.5Hp.

Hello jonule

your mill can hold a pantone 1500rpm without problem, but it will get you a little horse so you will need a very small generator : Cry: roughly a quarter of a car alternator.

@+
Bah if it is a 3.5 HP, it will release 3 and a half horses (or 2.1 kW) but at what speed?
The mowers do not turn very quickly and since it is a single step not pushed at all, the power curve must be relatively flat. Seen from the nose, I would say that it can output 2 horses at 1500 rpm ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 17/01/07, 04:18

Exceed wrote:[...] I explained my project to them and the guy from the ministry told me textuellemnt ... "we will have to meet again ...." that says it all!
I hope they will not block my see my projects !!!
Courage....

A + Serge.
This is completely normal !
We don't do anything with a river, even under the pretext of recovering energy ...

You cannot on the one hand have an ecological approach by manufacturing "non-fossil" electricity and on the other hand moan because there is a regulatory framework that protects aquatic environments, otherwise you tend towards schizophrenia ... :|
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 17/01/07, 09:08

Hello,

Obviously !!!

But I do not want that by this study of the system in front of my house, they put me in the way for my project .... it's been more than a year that I work on it ....

I do not see how, my micro power plant can disturb the river, or the environment ... but in cases like that, as you say, we can not do anything ... then on a sector that will serve for this environmental study ... I'm just a little scared.

I hope it goes well ... in fact, everything will depend on which person, I will fall ... if he wants to make me Ch ..., it will not be cool!

So, my file will have to be nickel-chrome ...

A + Serge.
0 x
Respect !!!
zac
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 17/01/07, 13:54

Woodcutter wrote:Bah if it is a 3.5 HP, it will release 3 and a half horses (or 2.1 kW) but at what speed?
The mowers do not turn very quickly and since it is a single step not pushed at all, the power curve must be relatively flat. Seen from the nose, I would say that it can output 2 horses at 1500 rpm ...

hi lumberjack

Tell me if I'm wrong: power is torque by number of turns?

therefore 3.5hp at 3600rpm with a flat torque curve that is roughly 1hp at 1000rh; unfortunately the curve is never flat! how do you get to 2cv?

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/01/07, 13:59

zac wrote:therefore 3.5hp at 3600rpm with a flat torque curve that is roughly 1hp at 1000rh; unfortunately the curve is never flat! how do you get to 2cv?

@+

You quibble a little, don't you?

It is precisely because it is not flat that it can go up very quickly ... at 500 rpm for example the engine gives 0 hp (or almost) ...
therefore 2 cv to 1500 c very possible.

In addition the regime of 3600 rpm is not necessarily that of the best power ...
0 x
Other

by Other » 17/01/07, 15:47

Hello,
To have lost many of these small engines that are found everywhere. The speed limit 3600 rpm is dictated by a question of lubrication of the rod (the handle in our language) it is a rod in duralumin no cousin directly on the vibrequin a simple hole which sends oil by bubbling, it is also why these mowers do not like to mow in embankments, the oil collects all on one side and bang the connecting rod, it is the same engine in more powerful 8 hp on snowblowers with a starter electric on the sector, often so that it blows the snow further, some modifies the regulator, and exceeded 3600 it does not work long .. (the rod costs 9 $ and changes well)
For the small motor 3,5 hp approximately (mine) the generator it is an electric motor of 0,5 CV it is also used to start the motor, this small motor does not have enough force to drive this generator to its nominal power, normally I should be able to take out an 8 amperes on 110volt (this is what is written on the motor plate) when I take out 3 amperes under 120 volts the motor crashes.
We must be careful when driving a generator the gasoline engine must be generous the electric CVs are real, but those of the heat engine are in well determined conditions of speed and load.

Andre
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 17/01/07, 21:43

zac wrote:[...] Tell me if I am wrong: power is good torque by number of turns?

therefore 3.5hp at 3600rpm with a flat torque curve that is roughly 1hp at 1000rh; unfortunately the curve is never flat! how do you get to 2cv?

@+
Yes, you're right but I would rather go on a maximum power around 3000 rpm, or even less ...

Anyway, it's not a big deal. : Wink:
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 18/01/07, 09:57

Andre wrote:Hello,
To have lost many of these small engines that are found everywhere. The speed limit 3600 rpm is dictated by a question of lubrication of the rod (the handle in our language) it is a rod in duralumin no cousin directly on the vibrequin a simple hole which sends oil by bubbling, it is also why these mowers do not like to mow in embankments, the oil collects all on one side and bang the connecting rod, it is the same engine in more powerful 8 hp on snowblowers with a starter electric on the sector, often so that it blows the snow further, some modifies the regulator, and exceeded 3600 it does not work long .. (the rod costs 9 $ and changes well)
For the small motor 3,5 hp approximately (mine) the generator it is an electric motor of 0,5 CV it is also used to start the motor, this small motor does not have enough force to drive this generator to its nominal power, normally I should be able to take out an 8 amperes on 110volt (this is what is written on the motor plate) when I take out 3 amperes under 120 volts the motor crashes.
We must be careful when driving a generator the gasoline engine must be generous the electric CVs are real, but those of the heat engine are in well determined conditions of speed and load.

Andre

....... I think I have an explanation then, when I slammed my previous mower engine, which I kept!
I actually mowed 1m of grass (at least) for 500 m², with the regime fully!
it stopped ... on an embankment!

I had kept the engine, because I have in my recttes a transformation of briggs and stratton engine into stirling engine, but it is necessary to machine a little aluminum ...
Boyette engine, the gentleman must always be reachable (boyette@aol.com ?):

word file, explanations in English, google translation (I'm not a fan) and photos:
http://www.nrjrealiste.fr/stirling/boyette.doc
personally I do not know how to machine / melt the aluminum but the performance of this engine is higher than another, however it needs a heat source ..... !!
0 x
walkers
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Build your own hydroelectric plant

by walkers » 22/01/07, 09:00

CYRILR wrote:Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have been working for some time already on a project for a personal hydraulic power station.
I told myself that I should not be the only one to meditate / work on such a project. I have already found a lot of information about the return to service of old electric mills but I have not found anything on projects of new installations except some achievements of very small powers made in developing countries.

I hope that this message will also be able to gather all the necessary information for such projects and that it can give ideas to others.
Some utopias of today are only the reality of tomorrow

Here are some features of my project project.
Location: Montmorency River Valley, Sainte-Brigitte-de-Laval, Quebec.
Gradient of the ground: 50 meters
Elevation of the 14 River meters of which +/- 7 meters exploitable
Lot Size: 25 ha
Flow at low water level: 40 m3 / s but can rise to
300 m3 / s in less than 10 hours
Estimated energy requirements: +/- 7 kw

Troubles :
I have a budget of +/- 10 000 can $
The water intake is in a boxed area of ​​+/- 5 meters devoid of access. So forget the simple gravity without blasting so $$$
Ice and snow guaranteed at least 6 months a year.
I only have 2 arm
It must be all operational for mi 2007

Small joys:
I have a budget of 10 000 can $
I have a lot of wood at my disposal.
I have even 2 arm and some friends
I also have a hell of a mule head
I have full time availability to do everything.

There is also a house to build.
No intention to sell electricity but I want to be able to enlarge the project in a few years if our children decide to build next to Dad and Mom

So that's it. Info, ideas, rants, advice, comments, return experience welcome.

A+

CYRIL

The low flow and height difference figures lead to a gross power of more than 100 KW permanent. That's a lot.

You have a large margin for the flow reserved for small fish, which must also live.

I have read a lot of the posts that follow, with among others the asynchronous generator solutions that I would be wary of, constant power operation difficult to maintain in isolated production.

The asynchronous generator is great in network connection, it produces nothing if no network, it is even mandatory with us in France for the protection of personnel.

I did a renovation of a small power plant, still connected, but if I had to work on an isolated power plant, at a low price, I would go on to recover the generator part of a surplus type generator (eBay). There are all powers, with their power and speed regulation.

Good luck,
0 x