Build its own hydraulic unit

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 12/01/07, 18:07

No, unfortunately you cannot connect the 3 phases like this, because the voltages are shifted in time. In addition, it seems to me that a significant difference in charge between the phases will generate vibrations.
so we distribute the single-phase devices over the 3 phases of the three-phase, and I would say that we put a regulator with resistors on each phase.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 12/01/07, 18:41

Hello
ok thank you exceed!
I imagine that it is not impossible to connect the 3 phases together to have the 3x500 = 1500 W in my example ...

To make single-phase with a 3-phase generator
it must be connected in a triangle and connect a capacitor per branch only on two windings
If it is connected in star it is the same thing except that the phase without capacitor becomes a neutral.
All distribution systems go in 3 phases and it puts transformers on each phase and make single phase.
a three-phase motor works well in single-phase provided you put a capacitor on the unused phase, you can even turn it off once the motor is started or if you want to leave it connected it must be properly calculated.

In the case of the tests on the generator, I could have used it in 220 volts the motor is provided, this makes the capacitors smaller in capacity, but during my tests I took the capacitors that I had under the hand and to have more I put them in parallel. The value is not as critical as that, there is a minimum for that of excitation, and for that of coupling it must be big enough to support the load too big it does not bother ...
Obviously if we are looking for a cos 1 we must adjust the values
but with a cos 0,8 it is satisfactory ..
The 16 microfarad capacitors come from the sodium light ballasts, the nearby scrap dealer piles them up
Why single phase
it is more practical for the electric motors one makes a directional rotating field which gives the direction of running and of the torque to start in single-phase it is necessary artificiellement to make a phase shift with a condenser and an offset winding

Little story in passing
This is why the rods of the old steam locomotives were offset by 90 degrees without which if the locomotive had been offset balanced at 180 if it stops at the full end of the piston stroke it does not move anymore, (Poor mechanic with a bar mine on the wheels)

Andre
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 13/01/07, 00:37

jonule wrote:ok thank you exceed!
I imagine that it is not impossible to connect the 3 phases together to have the 3x500 = 1500 W in my example ...

so are you looking for the engine?

To add the 3 phases .... I think I'm going to say something stupid again, but as Schutt said silently ... Regulation by phase ... except that I believe there are other solutions but I'm not sure ... it seems to me that there is a special three-phase regulation which precisely balances the three phases ... I wonder if there is not also a tri / mono transformer ... but there, I feel that I will wake up the dead or hear howling André from Quebec ...
I have to ask my other misfortune friend ... * Mister Zeltron !!!
I'm not saying that .......
Tri / mono transformer:
http://www.abltransfo.fr/Tri/mono_capot ... apote.html
http://www.circe-technologies.com/image ... 022-23.pdf

I do not know the losses caused by the transformer .... apart from a max of €€€€€ ..... should inquire because at the exit, it may be expensive, for us the stingy ... .....

For the engine, no, I'm not looking for it is easily found, I'm still waiting a while to find out if Jan Portejis (Holland) has new information to communicate to me .... I'm also waiting for information from Nigel Smith (USA) ... but you have to go through the intermediary for the translation which is none other than his son who lives in London .... you see how simple it is to have information with the witch !! !

Don't worry Fab, I'm not on the right track ...

A + Serge.
0 x
Respect !!!
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 13/01/07, 01:21

Philippe Schutt wrote:No, unfortunately you cannot connect the 3 phases like this, because the voltages are shifted in time. In addition, it seems to me that a significant difference in charge between the phases will generate vibrations.

that's it !!! He found the solution for improved electrolysis .... : Cheesy:

A + It's not me .... :?:
0 x
Respect !!!
Other

by Other » 13/01/07, 01:44

Hello,
This is only to clarify, to those who think that a three-phase transformer the phase shift is 120 degrees that is undeniable.
what I mean, that taken separately each of the 3 coils have an offset of 180 in their magnetic fields
When we build a three-phase transformer we can take out 3 single-phase sources, but we can't couple them all together, for finished with just with a single source
What distributors do in general it places 3 single-phase transformers balanced on the 3 phases, that makes 3 sources of 220 volts which are very different from the subscriber.
But with a star mounting there is a posibility with capacitors but which in principle is used only for certain not special assemblies.
I'm sure there are many electricians on the forum and that maybe there are methods that I do not know, that would make me happy to learn (as I learned by the post of Exceed the condensers on the asynchronous generator)

Ideally, it is necessary to build with the minimum of the simplest possible piece and the least access to regulate
The former DC generators had self-regulating systems directly according to their flow rate. (compound machine)
Make it simple and that works without maintenance.

Andre
0 x
Exceed
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Exceed » 13/01/07, 02:07

Sacred André ...

I agree 100% with you for the "Make something simple and that works without maintenance" ...... this is the reason for me of the asynchronous!

Something else ... I'm amazed to learn from you ... it's fun! For once....

A + Serge.
0 x
Respect !!!
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 15/01/07, 11:42

thank you.
I am finishing my first pantone on a mower and it is true that I would like to connect the axis to a generator of electricity!
me who does not follow for the 220 transported but rather for the 12 produced on site / stored, the 220 produced on site is very interesting!
also I would very much like to see see see your montage Mr. André please, in color photos?
with a diagram and summary of use of single / tri engine in 110/220?
obviously it would be an invaluable gift for many of us who are looking for electricity production, and a beautiful illustration on my site, with dedication of course 8)

otherwise I think I am able to do this but I would need a little help, I have all the equipment and I would like to get started, I have a three-phase asynchronous 1500W 1500 rpm, I must be able to read cozy cos ...
I also have a single phase with start-up condo.
it seems easier to start on a single phase?

i dont know if the mower can handle 1500rpm i think so but i dont know the horsepower ... it is a briggs & stratton 3.5Hp.
0 x
zac

by zac » 15/01/07, 17:38

jonule wrote:i dont know if the mower can handle 1500rpm i think so but i dont know the horsepower ... it is a briggs & stratton 3.5Hp.

Hello jonule

your mill can hold a pantone 1500rpm without problem, but it will get you a little horse so you will need a very small generator : Cry: roughly a quarter of a car alternator.

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
Other

by Other » 15/01/07, 18:01

Hello,
I think we should open a more specific post in panton
I'm going to look for some photos of the montage
But these small engines develop their power around 3600 rpm
and when you install a 100% panton you lose at least 1/4 of the power according to the restrictions, (so put the right pulleys for generator 1500 and 3600 engine) or find yourself a two pole engine. 3000 rpm for Europeans and 3600 for America.
The generator at the beginning it was a 12 volt now I use the asynchronous motor and painfully I manage to light two lamps of 100 watts the motor crashes. (there is the energy for the excitation or rather the reactive of the assychrone generator which and lost badly balanced)
so for an experience and understanding, but in my opinion the mower engines are too small, those of snowblowers or small lawn tractors from 8 to 10 hp are more interesting to make something more functional.

Andre
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 16/01/07, 10:38

okay, so it all depends on the force that the generator will take ...
0 x