Borloo wants to order 40 000 electric vehicles

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Borloo wants to order 40 000 electric vehicles

by elephant » 12/09/09, 19:11

Jena Louis Borloo wants the state to order 40.000 electric vehicles:

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/3/20090912/tfr ... c19f3.html

Here, hold ... to the friend Bolloré, chance?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 12/09/09, 19:29

Crazy ads like dab ...
Purchases were already planned at EDF, La Poste ...
0 x
Lounes
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Lounes » 12/09/09, 23:32

I find the article rather vague, which electric vehicles? for which uses? In view of the companies concerned, I would say that these are mainly utilities ... but seeing the characteristics of the vehicles would be interesting!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 13/09/09, 02:05

Yes, I read that on France24's "prompt" ..

This is completely justified, given that the main obligation / constraint for an electric car is to drive every day because of the batteries. A service vehicle is ideal for this.

I wanted to buy an electric scooter. I ultimately did not do so because of the intended epistolary use of the device. Pity...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/09/09, 10:30

gegyx wrote:Crazy ads like dab ...
Purchases were already planned at EDF, La Poste ...

+1

Blah ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 13/09/09, 18:33

Lounès said:

Considering the companies concerned, I would say that they are mainly utilities.

Absolutely: the operating structure of these companies (many vehicles, teams with a restricted radius of action, strict professional use, regular schedules) is more suitable for accommodating this type of vehicle at reduced speed and autonomy than, for example. independent repairer or installer with mixed use of the vehicle.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/09, 08:26

I like they said on TV: "by making sure that they are French electric cars" ... another beautiful promise from a minister ...

I don't mind ... but what is there on the market as a French functional electric car? The cleanova boycotted by Renault? The PSA iOn copied / pasted from e-Miev and sold € 60?

I'm laughing ... yellow!

And if instead of some of these 40 electric cars, the state bought rather massively electric bikes? As in any case EV is reserved for the city ... to see the daily needs in km ...
Last edited by Christophe the 15 / 09 / 09, 09: 20, 1 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 14/09/09, 09:03

Christophe wrote:I like they said on TV: "by making sure that they are French electric cars" ... another beautiful promise from a minister ...

Illegal: they will in any case be forced to make European tenders, where we will eventually make them offers for extra-European vehicles.

As for the VAE, it is far too small and too light for many applications.
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 14/09/09, 09:10

Christophe wrote:I really like they said on TV: "making sure that it is French electric cars" ... another great promise!
That is fine, but what is there on the market as a functional electric car in France? I'm laughing ... yellow!

There is still the Kangoo Be Bop ZE: http://www.lefigaro.fr/automobile/2009/ ... s-fil-.php . But where does the 240 kg li-ion battery come from? In rental or not its price must represent 2/3 of the price of the car.

Borloo and Sarkozy talked about electric cars from Brands French, a nuance that has gone unnoticed, so the PSA "Made in Japan" will be French brand cars. : Shock:

Christophe wrote:And instead of some of these 40 electric cars, the state bought rather massively electric bikes? As in any case EV is reserved for the city ... to see the daily needs in km ...

Good idea, we should start by providing the administrations, the town halls for example, Mr. Mayor giving the example. (Hmm ... humm ... not sure it works!) :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 14/09/09, 09:14

Illegal in addition it is true ... I forgot this "details" ... but what is better (or more) in Europe on the market of the EV?

The Ford as a civil servant car had already annoyed me ...

elephant wrote:As for the VAE, it is far too small and too light for many applications.

I think that it is sufficient without any constraint for 10 to 20% of the uses quite to make a three-wheeled e-bike (not very complicated if there is a market behind) ... do not forget that 60-70% of the km traveled by a car are in town or peri-urban.

So a company car like that of the Post Office ... it tat 100% ...

As for autonomy: with luck the EVs will be capable of 200 km. A VAE can make 70km of origin ... and it much easier to boost autonomy and especially it still advances in the event of breakdown!

Our VAE consumes 0.07 L / 100 km or EP 0.18 L / 100 km. It has 35 km of autonomy with the trailer (and as you know it's steep with us).

I would remind you that the overall balance sheet of an EV, in particular on CO2 (excluding nuke France) is far from being guaranteed advantageous compared to small thermal vehicles ...
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."