Swimming Pool Covers

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
polo04
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Swimming Pool Covers

by polo04 » 27/02/07, 18:04

Hello ........
It is very pretty to heat (by solar) a swimming pool during the day but seeing that I am a little in altitude and that the nights are cool in the morning the water is again very refreshed also I think to put a blanket on the water at night .....
Who could tell me where I can find the floating plastic blades (put on reels) for this use .... it's like what a rolling shutter would say .... address of the wholesalers or manufacturers of the blades I would like to do it myself .... thank you ..... :|
0 x
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 27/02/07, 18:14

See the manufacturers of roller shutters who buy the profiles by semi-trailer or else you buy bubble wrap (but you won't be able to walk on it)
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

Re: pool covers

by Other » 27/02/07, 22:03

Hello
polo04 wrote:Hello ........
It is very pretty to heat (by solar) a swimming pool during the day but seeing that I am a little in altitude and that the nights are cool in the morning the water is again very refreshed also I think to put a blanket on the water at night .....
Who could tell me where I can find the floating plastic blades (put on reels) for this use .... it's like what a rolling shutter would say .... address of the wholesalers or manufacturers of the blades I would like to do it myself .... thank you ..... :|

It has been sold commercially for many years, they even sell the roller with the crank for spreading and rolling it, it is almost as efficient as solar heating,
The day after you bathe you leave the sun canvas on the pool its design is transparent bubbles, it thermally insulates it prevents evaporation and the sun passes through to heat.
Search the pool sites, you will find ..

For a rectangular pool it does not disfigure too much but a round pool does a little construction.
do not forget that if you keep your water too hot it takes more chlorine and the PH difficult to control.

Andre
0 x
polo04
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by polo04 » 28/02/07, 10:12

Good morning all ....
Thank you for your answers ...... but I prefer to go with a "heavy" blanket I have bad memories with the light tarpaulins seen the mistral that there is in the region ...... and being of more and more lazy I think it will be easier to automate a roller shutter style system than a flexible roll up tarpaulin.
Indeed if I cannot find the PVC blades specific to this use I will fall back on the shutters blades.
Friendship to all.
0 x

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."