Between dreams and realities in Germany

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Between dreams and realities in Germany

by sicetaitsimple » 19/05/19, 11:35

Yes, I watched yesterday. I found it less impactful than usual, especially at the beginning, a little "messy" at times. He also said at one point "I haven't finished my nap"!
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 19/05/19, 12:09

sicetaitsimple wrote:Yes, I watched yesterday. I found it less impactful than usual, especially at the beginning, a little "messy" at times. He also said at one point "I haven't finished my nap"!
It is true that he sputtered more than usual, but did you listen when he spoke of the proliferation of points hour by hour which shows that the more the wind turbine produces and the more the market price drops, point to be negative during high productions.
And also that wind power should not be relied on to compensate for stronger demand from a neighboring country, due to the fact that the weather is roughly the same throughout Europe.
Attachments
WindVoisin.gif
VentVoisin.gif (213.22 KiB) Consulted 2859 times
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 19/05/19, 12:46

izentrop wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:Yes, I watched yesterday. I found it less impactful than usual, especially at the beginning, a little "messy" at times. He also said at one point "I haven't finished my nap"!
It is true that he sputtered more than usual, but did you listen when he spoke of the proliferation of points hour by hour which shows that the more the wind turbine produces and the more the market price drops, point to be negative during high productions.
And also that wind power should not be relied on to compensate for stronger demand from a neighboring country, due to the fact that the weather is roughly the same throughout Europe.

Yes, but that's what I found the least impactful! Even knowing a little about the subject, I found that his slides were not really demonstrative and in my opinion the members present did not understand anything. Besides, you will notice that he said to the president "yes, I will send you another".
He would have chosen two representative weeks or months and just shown the combined production curves of Germany and France, in my opinion it would have been much more telling.
On the substance, of course, I agree, whether it is the proliferation or the impact on market prices.
0 x
Eric DUPONT
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Eric DUPONT » 19/05/19, 15:57

Mr Jancovichi forgot to say that Germany will produce its electricity with airborne wind power at a cost 3 less high than epr.

https://www.ampyxpower.com/ap3/
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 19/05/19, 22:26

Eric Dupont wrote:Mr Jancovichi forgot to say that Germany will produce its electricity with airborne wind power at a cost 3 less high than epr.

https://www.ampyxpower.com/ap3/

Airborne wind power? Frankly, how serious is this? : roll:
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 19/05/19, 22:55

sicetaitsimple wrote:
izentrop wrote:
Yes, but that's what I found the least impactful! Even knowing a little about the subject, I found that his slides were not really demonstrative and in my opinion the members present did not understand anything. Besides, you will notice that he said to the president "yes, I will send you another".
He would have chosen two representative weeks or months and just shown the combined production curves of Germany and France, in my opinion it would have been much more telling.
On the substance, of course, I agree, whether it is the proliferation or the impact on market prices.
The chairman understood this very well, given the questions he asked.
The swellings would have been lighter with a different color by country, as the rapporteur pointed out. Too bad if this detail prevents taking his intervention seriously.
It is clear that the people of ADEME, who advocate the reduction of nuclear power, will weigh more heavily in the balance. :frown:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/05/19, 10:24

izentrop wrote:The swellings would have been lighter with a different color by country, as the rapporteur pointed out. Too bad if this detail prevents taking his intervention seriously.

????? Absolutely not, it is impossible to put "a different color per country". Which proves that the graph is not very clear and demonstrative, you are making the same "mistake" as the rapporteur.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 20/05/19, 13:02

sicetaitsimple wrote:
izentrop wrote:The swellings would have been lighter with a different color by country, as the rapporteur pointed out. Too bad if this detail prevents taking his intervention seriously.
????? Absolutely not, it is impossible to put "a different color per country". Which proves that the graph is not very clear and demonstrative, you are making the same "mistake" as the rapporteur.
Each point represents production per hour, calculated as a percentage of maximum production. There are French points and German points, I don't see why we couldn't differentiate them by a color ??
Here they did it right:
Image https://www.vive-le-nucleaire-heureux.c ... urope.html

It is true that seen like that, it is more telling. : Wink:
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 20/05/19, 13:30

izentrop wrote:Each point represents production per hour, calculated as a percentage of maximum production. There are French points and German points, I don't see why we couldn't differentiate them by a color ??

No, each time point is made up of a German abscissa and a French ordinate, abscissa and ordinate being the respective load factor of the wind turbine for this hour point.

I understand that it can stimulate the neurons of its engineering students at the École des Mines de Paris (MinesParisTech in modern), but it seems to me ill suited to a parliamentary committee, which will indeed be much more receptive to a figure as you see it. proposed (or that I had suggested).

PS: the only advantage of this presentation is that it normalizes the respective power of the wind farms. In other words, if for example the French wind farm doubled and the German remained identical, the point cloud would have roughly the same appearance.
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 20/05/19, 13:51

Uh .... No, on the graph proposed by Janco, it is not possible to put points of different colors, that would make no sense (all the blue points would be on one axis and all the red points on the other, therefore no possible interpretation).

On this graph, a point represents an hour, and is positioned on the orthonormal plane according to the production of each country (in percentage of the installed power of each country) during this hour; such a point represents an hour when Germany produced 60% of its maximum power and France 30% of its power. This type of graph (known as a point cloud) makes it possible to calculate correlations between two phenomena, an absolute positive correlation resulting in a straight line starting from the origin O and with a 45 ° slope, a complete absence of correlation resulting in a straight line perpendicular to the previous one and passing through the average of the productions (it is, a little, the gray band of the Janco diagram). Such a diagram is not very meaningful and difficult to interpret for those who are not familiar with probabilities and statistics…

The curves that you propose izentrop are much more meaningful, although showing the same thing as the diagram of Janco ...

Oops, grilled by sicétésimple; on the other hand, the Janco scheme does not even have the advantage of being rigorous, the ordered abscissa scales are not identical (which is not justified) ...
0 x