Thermovar feedback

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Philbona
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Thermovar feedback

by Philbona » 07/12/13, 22:57

Hello,

To locate my installation:
I have a basic wood boiler, so without adjusting the primary air supply.
The primary circuit supplies a 1000l buffer tank.
I had installed a 61 ° thermovar valve for proper boiler return.
The problem I encountered was that as soon as the temperature was reached, the thermovar tirelessly continued to supply the boiler with 'too' hot water, and a vaporization phenomenon ensued.

I tried to remedy by increasing the pressure of the circuit, which increased the vaporization temperature to 113 ° (2 bar) or + 2,5bar.
But nothing to do, it vaporized happily.
I therefore 'invented' a system which made it possible to deflect the steam towards a high balloon (old expansion vessel filled with water which collects the steam and returns the water contained.
It worked but did not allow me to use my boiler at best.
So I replaced this thermovar with a 3V valve with regulation of it to return hot water but not too much to the boiler.
No problem since.
On the secondary circuit, similar, I had a 72 ° thermovar valve, then replaced by a 61 °, and there reverse effect, as soon as the temperature reached, it only let pass the water from the return circuit, so 'cold' .
Also replaced by a 3V valve with a few small adjustments and tip-top, everything works well.
It only remains for me to motorize these 2 3V valves and my wife will be in heaven.

Yours,

Philippe
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 08/12/13, 07:55

without a diagram of your installation and the mounting position of the different elements, difficult to comment.
0 x
Click my signature
Philbona
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Philbona » 08/12/13, 09:11

hello Dirk,

I intended to add a diagram, but not too much time to do it.
So a short description in text format:
Basically, the scheme is super classic in this kind of editing,
a buffer tank without coils (1000l)
an expansion vessel (100l) mounted back from the primary circuit
a primary boiler circuit - 1 "steel buffer tank
a secondary buffer tank circuit - 1 "steel radiators then a conventional distributor.
each circuit has its circulator mounted for the primary in cold water return,
the secondary for hot water.
In both cases, a bypass (which was) controlled by a thermovar mounted in the state of the art. either downstream of the circulators,
I did not put a direct connection boiler - radiator, too much risk of having overheated radiators.

My only constraint: the boiler is NOT modulated / automated, there is a fire and you have to deal with what is produced and distribute it securely.

Next step, the excess temperature produced will be redirected to an ECS 500L tank which costs me a max in electricity (even at night rate)
it's almost ready, but I'm waiting for THE plumber with THE right crimper. There is only one in my region and to make 5 crimps, we are not going to make the detour.

philippe
0 x