Australia could produce double its renewable electricity needs by 2050

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Australia could produce double its renewable electricity needs by 2050

by jean.caissepas » 20/09/19, 11:28

0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Australia could produce double its renewable electricity needs by 2050

by Ahmed » 20/09/19, 23:03

Virtue admirable (albeit essentially potential) and that will earn him some indulgences for its export coal wealth ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/09/19, 21:07

There is no doubt about the fact that a country with about 1 / 3 of the French population, about 13 times more surface, without conflict of use compared to PV or wind, in addition the climate is relatively moderate in winter, can technically become a day almost 100% renewable.Ce will not be free so far. Case to follow .... it rocks quite a lot in recent years, if I understand correctly according to the majority in power.

For Ahmed: Yes, Australia is depending on the year the first or the second world exporter of coal, it is "brawling" with Indonesia. But it takes two .... An importer and an exporter. It is perhaps rather with the first that it is necessary to make "efforts", not?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/09/19, 21:24

I do not think to situate this question on a moral level, I content myself with a factual vision: whatever the share of responsibility of the buyers (but we must recognize the interesting cost of this energy), the energetic virtue and the mining revenues coexist perfectly, though categorically separated.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 21/09/19, 21:34

No "morality" in there. I'm just saying that if the need goes down for buyers, the volume will go down for sellers.

In other words, to illustrate, you do not discharge a coal capsize on the ARA ports (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Antwerp) if no one has bought it before.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 21/09/19, 22:33

Of course! However, you will recognize that the Australians do not do any violence to respond to a request that suits them well.

PS: I'm afraid we do not agree on the substance ... : Wink:
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 23/09/19, 16:48

sicetaitsimple wrote:There is no doubt about the fact that a country with about 1 / 3 of the French population, about 13 times more surface, without conflict of use compared to PV or wind, in addition the climate is relatively moderate in winter, can technically become a day almost 100% renewable.Ce will not be free so far. ...

And yes. Not free, that's for sure. With the wind and solar energy they had been promised cheaper energy, the Australians, here is the result:

Ecologists are the champions of proposals to impoverish everyone, creating far more problems than they solve. In terms of their ability to propose solutions that are real progress, ie less polluting but no more expensive, there is no one (I think I'm radicalizing : Lol: ).
0 x
GuyGadebois
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by GuyGadebois » 23/09/19, 19:54

Exnihiloest wrote:Ecologists are the champions of proposals to impoverish everyone, creating far more problems than they solve. In terms of their ability to propose solutions that are real progress, ie less polluting but no more expensive, there is no one (I think I'm radicalizing : Lol: ).

It's not "radicalizing" that I would have used, but hey. When we add the price of dismantling (inevitable), the price of landfill, the mistakes of EDF and Areva, we can clearly see the dumping and the marketing which is relayed by the conservatives of your kind who only see their bill of electricity and not the exorbitant amounts diluted in taxes and make-up of all kinds.
1 x
“It is better to mobilize your intelligence on bullshit than to mobilize your bullshit on intelligent things. (J.Rouxel)
"By definition the cause is the product of the effect". (Tryphion)
"360 / 000 / 0,5 is 100 million and not 72 million" (AVC)

Back to "hydraulic, wind, geothermal, marine energy, biogas ..."