Help with the choice Sensor Plan Tube

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 13/05/09, 14:24

Did67 wrote:OK, OK.

If I have to think about a new installation one day, I'll look at it a lot more. You're probably right ...

Thank you for understanding :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/05/09, 15:50

citro wrote:I Citro :?: If you're talking about me, there's a greed. :?
I do not have a solar collector yet. : Cry:
But I'm working on it, the project is going on. : Mrgreen:

Oh sorry, Cuicui and Citro, I will always confuse you I think ... not typed not typed!

Hey Cuicui, if it happens is you who made the 1er drain sensor ... in the world ....Image

Attention "we" are following you because ours must be 25 or 26 years old! : Mrgreen:
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 13/05/09, 17:21

lejustemilieu wrote:Thank you for understanding: D

Uh, I'm not one to get offended easily. But the sentence leaves me a weird taste.

Why thank me for understanding ???

1) I understood.

But I did not think that the drain is the ONLY answer to the question of overheating in case of stop.

I recall that no one responded to my remark that the sensor heats up just as much after the liquid is removed (actually, even more). So question "heating of structures" and mechanical fatigue of the sensor, I do not see much difference.

The exact thing is that there is not a liquid that is under pressure, or risk of boiling and antifreeze that may be degraded, etc. ... It's not nothing !

And so that's what would make me think - which doesn't mean automatically "switch" to the self-draining. All the more so, here too I persist, tens of thousands of non-drainable panels are also working very well ...

2) So the formula is a little bit "Hurray I'm right; you took a long time to understand, poor idiot ...". I add "poor idiot", as regards me, to emphasize the curiosity of the formula. Or else I don't understand it ... Again thanking someone for understanding, it doesn't make sense to me. Unless you admit that the fact that I understand brings you something. The satisfaction of being right ??? And there, watch out for the swelling ego.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 13/05/09, 17:34

Yeah, there's no reason to bicker. The 2 systems have their supporters. I imagined the automatic emptying (through the stationary circulator) by pure stinging: the 40 m2 sensors and my large collectors 40 mm (a bit overdimensions, but good) would have needed too much glycol, while I have free water (source).
In fact, empty sensors are heating up a lot, but for the moment I have not noticed any damage. On the other hand, if the sensors are full, beware of the hot steam!
A small installation (2 to 8 m2) will work without any problem with glycol, whereas with ordinary water we make hair in case of frost: the sensors have they completely emptied? Some collectors had slipped, the slope of my pipes was no longer sufficient, water remained and pipes burst. It was quickly repaired, I do everything to the tin solder, but must remain vigilant. This is the price to pay when you want to save money ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/05/09, 18:57

Yes cuicui but if it's well done it turns decades!

I am convinced that a drain system has an 3 lifetime of 4 times higher than pressurized systems. It's simple our panels are over 25 years old and have not been used for years (solar pump HS when we arrived). I think that no pressurized system would have held with the HS pump even if only one summer !!

So can we see more pressurized systems installed than emptying systems? : Evil:

Indeed; solar can only be profitable in the long term! (those who pretend otherwise are liars)
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 13/05/09, 23:05

Christophe wrote:So can we see more pressurized systems installed than emptying systems? : Evil:

Installers are content to apply their schemes and do not dare or can not be imaginative.
Self-construction allows neurons to work ...
For a heatman, to have a pump circulating to push a column of water is a heresy. In addition, the turbulence in the downcomer oxygenates the water, which increases corrosion. The whole should give up on short notice. It's been 26 years that I'm waiting. I do not care, I'm in no hurry.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 14/05/09, 12:25

Cuicui wrote:
Installers are content to apply their schemes and do not dare or can not be imaginative.
Self-construction allows neurons to work ...

The installers install "kits" (it was the case with me).

As said, at a friend's house, I saw such a self-draining "kit" installed by a professional, with flat sensors, so it happens ... (Chrsitophe, I haven't been back, so I still don't know the brands ).

Self-construction, of course. I am a pretty good bricolleur and I do a lot of things, but here I called a professional. So it will only concern a small part of the population.
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 14/05/09, 12:49

Self-construction, of course. I am a pretty good bricolleur and I do a lot of things, but here I called a professional

I agree with you did,
After having built this system myself, I thought that I was wrong:
I made a pipe size error. (22mm diameter for a vacuum square 4m sensor, it's too big)
No garatie,
No bonuses
That said, it works perfectly, and it allowed me to learn a lot :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 19/12/09, 15:11

Hello,

Christophe wrote:Indeed; the solar one finds its profitability ONLY in duration! [/ u] (those who claim the opposite are liars)

I think it's risky as an affirmation, park that it's too general ....

And in addition I have a counter-example: I spoke with a family who consumed 100 € / month of electric heating ECS.

A solar DHW installation of 6m2 today comes to 2500 € HT instllation included in brico-depot (if I understand correctly) so profitable in 2 or 3 years: it is a good investment for an industrialist.

You have to take the problem in reverse: from what installation price will the solar thermal become profitable without subsidy?

Personally, I think that a vacuum sensor with parabolic concentrator that would come out at 100 € / m2, it would be profitable very quickly.

The most expensive so far being the balloons, I think there is still a price error at this level ...

What would be your price that would trigger a purchase without hesitation for heating?
0 x
See you soon !
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 19/12/09, 21:11

lejustemilieu wrote:[I made a pipe size error. (22mm diameter for a vacuum square 4m sensor, it's too big

Indeed, 16 mm would have been enough. But maybe you will eventually want to increase the surface ...
0 x