Aerothermal or wood boiler

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
joint
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Aerothermal or wood boiler

by joint » 30/10/08, 13:47

Hello,

With my wife we ​​are renovating a stone house in Correze 150m² habitable 430 cubic meters to heat,
we hesitate between the aerothermal or wood pellet boiler. There is so much information that we do not know or given the head, it seems to us that the wood boiler is much more efficient and more ecological than aerothermal energy, is there anyone who is or who has been in the same situation as us in order to bring us some advice or other, Thank you
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 30/10/08, 16:31

there are two very different things to consider.

1- is to correctly estimate the power and the energy necessary to heat a certain house whatever the system. it will actually depend on the volume but also on the harshness of the local climate and heat losses of the house as well as the tenure of the house.

2- once we know that, different techniques are possible: the heat pump is no less efficient or more than anything else.
all of these systems must provide final energy from primary energy. for the heat pump, it will be electricity, for, the stove, it will be the pellet. and these systems each have a different average annual yield but since the primary source is different, the comparison remains rather theoretical and no longer a question of choice: do I prefer consumed n kWh of electricity or even tonnes of pellets ??? ?
then from an econological point of view, we can imagine that if you subscribe to an elec contract with a significant share of renewable energy, it's not bad, we must try to reduce this to primary energy.
but we must also see the operating constraints. for wood logs, for example, it is cheap and renewable but as we say in the countryside, the wood heats several times : Lol:
when you have your wood in winter, you understand what that means
0 x
Click my signature